• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This part we can agree on lol :P

But regardless of how the zeke flip went, I still thought the back and forth with WSD was weird. I admit that because zeke flipped scum, that gives me more ammo to me calling this out

Wait you do not think that the behavior was worth caring out for?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't do that, that would be pretty dumb. I know you want to but don't do it. I am trying to help you and see some light outside of the tunnel.

Serously, just pointing it out.
Not trying to sway you though I accept my fate since I brought it onto myself as I said above.
Just trying to talk my man.
No need to be dumb and

Haha nah, I was dumb there but for a different reason. I forgot the first rule of trying to use sarcasm on the internet is that it hardly ever comes off as sarcasm :]

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Well, if you choose to spend your time on the internet pretending to lynch other people and calling them scum to their faces, then.... congrats, I think you are fun :D

Awwww shucks thanks for the compliment. x3

K, let me channel my inner Sawnness and see if I can do this some justice

So, I'm going to start here, where nin throws down a vote on B-Dubs, who I think is more likely Town with that smashing display. nin clearly disagrees, but I found the vote to be a little odd with the choice and timing

Nothing weird here. WSD checking in close to day end, but this is where the second dancer to the tango enters the fray

WSD makes it clear that they're going to be changing their vote up because the Stan train wasn't leaving the station

Here's the start of the suspicious back and forth. Kinda weird in-game coaching from nin on how to start a train. I wonder if WSD is also posting little in a scum chat, so maybe this makes the in-game chat the best place to discretely discuss things like this?

Why would no lynch ever be a viable option on a D2? We're nowhere near MYLO.
But, I gotta say, this is the ninsanity I enjoy :]

Among others, someone's missing from the reads list whose name kinda rhymes with "tin"

Again another vote on a likely-town member, given the circumstances of their claim

WSD is posing the question to nin. A nice softball :D

So, despite nin hopping around votes on likely towns, he still opens up the floor for other trains to hop on, if they're leaving the station

There's the hit on that softball from earlier

This actually isn't indicative of both of them being scum, but if they both are, I like this opinion splitting :D

It is more interesting to keep moving around the votes like you do...

...but it gets even better when you guys vocally align on a vote like that. Let's see if the opinion from WSD becomes a vote

Playful prodding, but given everything above, I find this noteworthy. Also, nin, we already live in the glorious void known as mafia

Here nin's giving WSD an option, either of which they can use to their benefit. If WSD stayed on his vote, that's plausible deniability. If WSD joined nin on the Chugg train, they could bus each other well

We all could see who was doing the pushing

nin responds to WSD's fluff about being pushed around with some light busing

That void just found room for one more, I guess

You bet it does, nin

Busing on a likelihood that wouldn't happen with zeke getting close to the lynch. Maybe some vote splitting would lead to someone else getting the lynch?

As the ax got closer to landing on Zeke, the vote started flipping

nin looks to be resigned to losing a scummy here. But funny enough...

...here nin's tossing last-ditch softballs at zeke to hopefully avoid his lynch

A farewell to scum after zeke tried to climb out of that day end pit
Anyways, interesting analysis of what happened with nin yesterday. What do you think of the fact that nin seemed to be trying to get votes away from you since ultimately you were the one that benefited the most from all the vote switching at day end?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Scum throwing fellow scummates under the bus to get towncred. Sometimes it's just a prod vote or joining a current train on them, sometimes it's full on trying to vote out your scummate.

As you can see, my anti bus strategy gave me the exact opposite of what I wanted.

Your thoughts on my plan?

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
K, let me channel my inner Sawnness and see if I can do this some justice
This whole post was entertaining. It's like reading a detective deduction in a manga.

Scum throwing fellow scummates under the bus to get towncred. Sometimes it's just a prod vote or joining a current train on them, sometimes it's full on trying to vote out your scummate.
Thanks. I thought it was this:
tvtropes.org

Put on a Bus - TV Tropes

So you're a film or TV show producer or the author of a book series, or the team behind a comic book, and you have a problem. You want a character out of the story, but you don't want to kill them off, you're not going to just flat out ignore …

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
As you can see, my anti bus strategy gave me the exact opposite of what I wanted.

Your thoughts on my plan?
I think he meant his attempt to save Zeke, instead of throwing him under the bus.

Ah yes I see that now, thanks Queen Kong.

As for your strategy nin, I will definitely agree that it blew up in your face. Not only were you wrong about Zeke, but it has thrown more suspicion on oreo due to your attempt to save Zeke taking so many votes off oreo. Personally I would have maybe tried a better strategy if I was going to try and save someone I was townreading which is to try and explain why you are and why someone is more suspect.

When I asked you to elaborate on why you weren't going to vote oreo or Zeke, you just answered that you didn't think they were scum, without actually elaborating why, and if you had maybe that would have helped your case. I certainly would have considered it, had you.

It also did not help with all your vote changing or trying to ask neeks and me to switch to WSD when that train probably never would have gotten any traction.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It also did not help with all your vote changing or trying to ask neeks and me to switch to WSD when that train probably never would have gotten any traction.

Late trains are always possible.
I have witnessed a lot of them.
I agree will the above but yeah its always easier to say that in hindsight :p.

Currently at work but my read list will come.

Thankfully that dumb idea of rushing through the day and just hammer me fell off a high cliff. Not sure who suggested it in the first place *looks at someone who broke my heart*

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Late trains are always possible.
I have witnessed a lot of them.
I agree will the above but yeah its always easier to say that in hindsight :p.

Currently at work but my read list will come.

Thankfully that dumb idea of rushing through the day and just hammer me fell off a high cliff. Not sure who suggested it in the first place *looks at someone who broke my heart*
I guess it's true, if Neeks and I had agreed with you it would have been 3 versus the other trains. Ultimately in the end while I found WSD's behavior suspect (it's why he's on my list of people to investigate), some of his actions came off to me as a confused townie trying to play catch up quickly, so I was more interested in keeping my vote where it was, especially since the build on the Chuggs train was suddenly growing pretty quickly and it felt suspicious to me.

Either way, I look forward to reading your reads list tomorrow as I'm going to bed. I got a long shift tomorrow and i need all the sleep i can get =-=

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
You are learning fast young padawan
tumblr_ogtdo5b2Pu1tandono1_540.gifv

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
yeah is anyone buying any of this from nin?
because im sure not and boy is this game dead.

vote:nin

i really wouldnt mind a turbo unless anyone has some real shit to bring up.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

nin (4 votes)
Sawneeks - #1,383
exodus - #1,387
Queen Kong - #1,396
Stantastic - #1,473

oreomunsta (2 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #1,410
lokiduck - #1,425

Not voting: WhySoDevious, nin, oreomunsta, Reki, KetKat, Z-Beat, NeonBorealis, B-Dubs

Post Counts:
nin: 19 Queen Kong: 16 oreomunsta: 13 Sawneeks: 11 lokiduck: 10 exodus: 9 Z-Beat: 7 TheChuggernaut: 3 Stantastic: 3 Reki: 3 NeonBorealis: 3 B-Dubs: 1

Current Countdown:
4rvi5r57tb

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
All this hostility.

I dont like that one bit.

Even worse that you all want to Turbo me. Lets lay down the facts for a bit.

As mentioned before i am Peridot ( TOWN if anyone dares to ask ) and a one shot redirecter.
If anyone focuses me with their night action, it will be redirected to another random target.
I will be informed if i was targeted and when i am vunerable again.

Since i am likely going to get lynched today i want to say a few words about the remaining players.

Lokiduck : has been actively participating in every discussion there was, pointed several things out and in my eyes she seems to be town.
Neonborealis: MIA most of the time not sure where to put this player. Hiding in the backround most of the time.
Sawneeks: Not sure how to feel about her, usually i would hold no grudge against her but this time it seems kinda weird that she is going to be responsible for getting two town players killed. I think she followed the wrong tails and is getting played by Mafia
Stantastic: Laid back and letting others do the hard work. This is not Indicative of his allignment though. Leaning town on this tunneling potatoe.
Zbeat: Focused on fluff faar to long but i hope he will start playing. Otherwise i have a decent feeling about him.
Exodus: Tunneling potatoe. Not sure if he lied about what happened tonight as of now i just think he is a dumb town.
Ketkat: Playing it safe as of now, A null for me.
Oreo: He has been active but i am unsure where to put him. For today he will be a null.
QueenKong: Asking questions. thats the main thing she has done up to this point. I think she might be hiding something. Lean scum
WSD: EoD solidified my gut read on her. She might be hiding something. She should be pushed some more. Lean scum
B-Dubs: Smashed two town playes and has been missing ever since. If he had said some more today i could have maybe got a better feeling of him. 0
Reki: Still a null komma null. Not sure what to do.

Too many open powers for my taste. After you lynch me please go back and look at the current claims.
Hopefully you all will get over the fact that i was indeed telling the truth and bring the town win home.

Good luck.

I will be on mobile if there are any open questions though.
As for now, i am heading to the lake in order to get my head clear.
Please dont turbo, since that will kill all discussion.

Sadly there hasnt been much going on anyway : /

I hate that

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
oh eat me nin.
I did my homework on you and you haven't had a single meaningful response to make against any of mine or any others arguments against you. All you've done today is play the sad sack victim card with a sprinkling of fear-mongering.

There is damn good reason to see you as scum right now and you have made it very clear that you cant provide any real reason to see you as town, nor to try and find any alternative targets.
If you are town and this is all just unfortunate circumstance then that sucks but thats the game, dont go pouting at the rest of us because you got the short end of things and cant do anything to change it.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
oh eat me nin.
I did my homework on you and you haven't had a single meaningful response to make against any of mine or any others arguments against you. All you've done today is play the sad sack victim card with a sprinkling of fear-mongering.

There is damn good reason to see you as scum right now and you have made it very clear that you cant provide any real reason to see you as town, nor to try and find any alternative targets.
If you are town and this is all just unfortunate circumstance then that sucks but thats the game, dont go pouting at the rest of us because you got the short end of things and cant do anything to change it.

Don't worry I am only pouting you my friend

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
What's a turbo? You @ a mod to fast forward?
Oreo breakdown sort of sold me on WSD tbh.

About Dubs, if he was scum he got away scot free with two free death on his hands. But his wording reads like an impulsive action rather than pre planned? I still think him doing brash action is dangerous to town even if he was town though.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017

About Dubs, if he was scum he got away scot free with two free death on his hands. But his wording reads like an impulsive action rather than pre planned? I still think him doing brash action is dangerous to town even if he was town though.
a turbo is when the the voting majority is reached on a player before the day ends, at which point the day ends prematurely and whoever was voted out dies.
Its basically just a way to get the day over with earlier if the lunch is already decided and waiting it out would just be wasting time.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
a turbo is when the the voting majority is reached on a player before the day ends, at which point the day ends prematurely and whoever was voted out dies.
Its basically just a way to get the day over with earlier if the lunch is already decided and waiting it out would just be wasting time.
Thanks!

One more question: If there's a neutral player, how would they win?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017

(part 2 because i hit post too early, lol)
Dubs is hardly free and clear, especially given his recent absence.
In regards to the impulsive attitude towards the shot at the time, that could very easily have been an act, a scum dayvig would be looking for an opportunity to make the shot in a manner that would be..justifiable.
The day leading up to his shot would have filled that in very nicely, and it would not be difficult for a scum dayvig to see the mounting opposition against Meatwad and the several hours of dead air as a about as good an opportunity as they might get.
Im not sure where i fall on this as i didnt actually get to look back at him yesterday with era being down (hopefully will be able to tonight). To his credit i can certainly sympathize with the idea, hell i even said at the time that i didnt blame him, but its still very possible that this was a scummy move on his part.

Funnily in this case the shot hitting a lover pair could even be a blessing in disguise, as if he had just killed the one it might well have been looked over easier, but with double the blood on his hands its harder for anyone to ignore it.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

One more question: If there's a neutral player, how would they win?
A neutrals win condition is always dependent on what kind of neutral role they are. Often they are mutually exclusive to Town/Mafias victory conditions.

e.g. the "Survivor" role is just an independent player that needs to stay alive till the end of the game,
A Serial Killer might need to kill a certain amount of people before they leave the game with thier own victory, but still leaving town and mafia to duke it out.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't turbo. Please. There're posters who still want to say something before EoD.

I may be repeating myself here, but nin, you said you're open to changing your views, and I agree that that's something everyone should be willing to do. But when I asked about the read you had on me, you said;

I just can't put you in any of my boxes at the moment. I want to be hesitant as I would rather take my time. Have a conversation with those that I am unsure in order to get to know them some more and in this case you.
I dont really want to cement my thoughts on someone this early in the game.

So, in that case, you preferred to abstain. But in the EoD madness you were all over the place, as has been extensively pointed out.

So my problem here is not about you doubting yourself or flip flopping a bit. The problem is that you say you want to be cautious when reading someone, but then it seems like you post anything you feel like posting with no direction, as Sawneeks pointed out. It looks nervous.

Of course hindsight is a hell of an advantage, and our places could be completely reversed in a different situation. I don't want to be hostile to you, so apologies if that's how it came across. And no matter how you flip, it was fun playing with you.

Reki: Still a null komma null. Not sure what to do.

I'll take it.

but bear in mind that they are the most cincere thoughts there are.

Not making fun of you or anything nin - I make all the possible mistakes all the time - but that typo feels like you're subsconciously trying to tell the opposite and I can't stop laughing about it.

Anyways, there's plenty of people on you already so I'd rather focus on others. If you're mafia you aren't the last one.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Not making fun of you or anything nin - I make all the possible mistakes all the time - but that typo feels like you're subsconciously trying to tell the opposite and I can't stop laughing about it.

Anyways, there's plenty of people on you already so I'd rather focus on others. If you're mafia you aren't the last one.

No offense taken haha. It's all in good faith. I don't hold any grude against anyone in this game including stan. I brought this onto myself. That's why I want to be as transparent as I can be before I go out.

Turboing would silence those that can't be here with us.

Again I accepted my faith but would still love to pan this day out in full.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Why are there so many variations?! This doesn't help me at all!

If Dubs was a scum, that was a brilliant move because it's too jarring it's hard to put my fingers on it.
Zeke pushed on Dubs being scum, it could be a ruse.

Going over EoD posts, nin reminded Devious to put his vote on Chugg, then Devious changed from oreo to Chugg.
We also have this exchange:
Why do I feel like I'm being pushed here.
It might be a correct guess that Devious is less active in scum chat and they tried to goad him into voting how they wanted.

I agree with Z-beat. Our villains will likely be: Jasper, Lapis, Yellow Diamond and Peridot. The antagonists of first few seasons.
(Lapis might be a neutral role tho, but we might lynch her just to be sure.)
0aa.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Morning. I'm not fully sure on scum Peridot because I wouldn't put it past monkey to include the future homeworld gems but Lapis being a neutral makes sense

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
(If I discussed flavour too much: part of the reason I joined this game was because I like Steven Universe.)

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Well, if we're stuck between Nin and Oreo I'd go with Oreo.

If I could choose I'd go with WSD. D3 and not even 30 posts. I look them over and I think there isn't a ton there, it feels like white noise.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, now I'm curious about the lightning rod. The odds of both those powers being here seem low