• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
(hit enter too early)
Basically its the same as what the rest of my read on him revealed, its something he could have been actually doing, but its also something that could easily have been faked or even just justified after the fact.
Oh yeah i definitely agree with you there, I think part of it has to deal with RL issues so won't speculate too much on that, but I'd really love to see more from him. :/

Also in response to your post above. The two people i'm currently favoring voting for are B-Dubs, and oreo with a lean on the latter.
This really goes for both of your but vote where you think it needs to be. Saying is one thing, votes is another. Get heat on people. :x

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, let me respond to things I've noticed as I went over the pages

What are everyone's thoughts on B-dubs' power?

I'm leaning town on B-Dubs. Similar to Exo on Day 1, showing off (and not just claiming) a PR power like that is anti-Town, but more indicative of a silly town move than a scum move

B-Dubs , don't reveal anymore about your power. Posting if there is a limit to it's uses or something like that would be more info you'd give to scum, and you've already put a target on your back with your smashing

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Compare them. Like i said ppl were on exo about his reveal power. Dub's seems to have just been accepted even though his power resulted in the death of two townies and exo was harmless.

Then from there I wouldve took the ppl who were upset with exo and ok with dubs and see how they interacted wiith dubs throughout the game beforehand. looking at a possible scum dubs angle. Then go the other way(those who were ok with exo and then not ok with dubs) looking at a possible scum exo angle.
Okay, went over everything and I have a question that focuses more on this.

You say that you did all of that to get how people reacted differently and what that could mean. You even go through this whole tinfoil hat theory on Scum!Dubs with a Scum Role Cop and how that could come together. You put focus on this and say that's what you've been doing to scumhunt and all.

Yet you're voting for Chuggs

Zeke why are you lying to me

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You say that you did all of that to get how people reacted differently and what that could mean. You even go through this whole tinfoil hat theory on Scum!Dubs with a Scum Role Cop and how that could come together. You put focus on this and say that's what you've been doing to scumhunt and all.

EzekelRAGE Folloow up to this, you even say here
But EzekelRAGE follows B-Dubs by voting TheChuggernaut. Which is probably at least partially related to them side-eyeeing each other since the start of the game.
Mostly the fact that given the choice between Chuggs and Neeks, Dubs' wanted neeks gone. I scumread Chuggs more than neeks. Also following my theory that Dubs is scum and wanted to see how he would react if I went towards the option he didnt want to pick first. He wanted Neeks flip b4 chuggs.

He just went "im cool with chuggs flip as well" when I questioned him.
You voted for Chuggs to see what Dubs would do and then state what he responds. Without even saying how that changes your read, what you think, etc. You're just restating what was said.

Like this reads as if you had this whole plan to gain reactions out of people but then when you do get them you do absolutely nothing with them. You're talking to talk, not talking to solve the game.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, NOW i'm going to bed.

Would like either Oreo or Zeke to be up on the chopping block towards the end here. If I had two votes I'd have it on both of them right now.

g'night.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
This really goes for both of your but vote where you think it needs to be. Saying is one thing, votes is another. Get heat on people. :x

Okay then, I will c: I'm finally ready to commit to a vote. I'm voting (Please work), VOTE:oreomunsta because out of my null (aka not willing to say are town) reads, you are the one I am currently most willing to vote for. As others and myself have stated above, while you have been answering questions and engaging with people, you also haven't contributed much. I respect your decision to keep your vote on a low count player day 1, but your activity day two hasn't really helped your case.

I am going to be around a few hours before EoD tomorrow, so I'm willing to change my vote if I can convinced, but right now you are the person I want to see flipped the most.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
@Z-
Homeworld would be classified as the villains. Jasper, Peridot (until the switch), the diamonds, etc.

Okay, so estimate a scum team of 5 or so. Based on what you know of SU, what's a list of possible villains, and what powers could they possibly do?

I wonder if this could give us an idea of what we might be up against. I don't think people claiming flavors is useful, since people can always lie about them, but maybe estimating roles can give some insight into the role madness

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Oreomunsta

Yeah, I already gave my reasons why I'm okay with this vote.

Neeks, I swear I'm not trying to follow you to every single vote lol.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: oreomunsta

with meat dead (RIP ;;) i'll move over here. This is the second time oreo has bandwagoned a vote and I don't think his reasoning makes a whole lot of sense.

Sawn, what do you mean by me bandwagoning a vote for a second time?

Check the vote tool, because I don't see what you mean and don't want a false premise built around me :(

D1 I started with a joke vote on saenima. Then moved it to WSD (no bdwgn on sae)
D1 moved my vote to WSD and I was the first to vote for WSD (is it a bdwgn if I'm the first to vote?)

D2 I did vote for meat, so yes you can call that one a bdwgn, but I would also argue that there was lots of time to still discuss the votes, and were nowhere near a majority vote threat on meat

Sawn, you being disingenuous with your oreo analysis

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oreomunsta

Could you two give read lists the next time that you're around? I really want to know where you sit at this point

You bet!

lokiduck - town read. I find them to be generally sensible about questions, and feel like they are scumhunting
NeonBorealis - null. They have a good bit of activity, but I don't find myself reading town or scum on them
EzekelRAGE - slight town read. Not always sure what they're aiming for, but don't read it as anti-town
Sawneeks - slight scum read. A scum Sawn would be some of the worst news for town, so I'm generally wary of Sawn out of respect o7
Stantastic - null. They've posted about as much as I have... and I'm near the bottom of the post list lol
TheChuggernaut - slight town read. Though I don't agree with their decisions, I get the feeling that they are looking for scum
nin - null. Nin's posting a lot, but feeling like their cards are held close to their chest. Where's my ninsanity?
Z-Beat - slight scum read. I find them to be focusing way too much on flavors to be a solution to the game, where I think we can only use them to guesstimate powers
exodus - town read. More likely to me that their power demonstrations are town, rather than scum
KetKat - slight town. Think that they do some good prodding and questioning. Don't feel like they take much of a stance on things, though
oreomunsta - wants to help town get the W, but seeing a bad vote build up on them :(
Queen Kong - null. I can appreciate the "new player" vibe, but you're being mentored. That angle could be used dangerously between you and cabot
WhySoDevious - slight scum read. Anyone should be suspicious of low posters. I want to know - WWWSDD? What Would WSD Do?
B-Dubs - town read. like exo, B-Dubs power demo seems more town than scum to me
Reki - null. Not really sure what to make of their activity, to be honest. This read is the most likely to change, I feel

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Once you are caught up I'd like your opinion on all the players and events in the game so far, especially who you think is the most suspicious?

I think my reads list should help :) At the moment, I'm most suspicious of Sawn, partially out of respect, and out of the fact that I think they're intentionally making a bad accusation of me bandwagoning, which I hope I disproved up above

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Z-Beat - slight scum read. I find them to be focusing way too much on flavors to be a solution to the game, where I think we can only use them to guesstimate powers

If you feel Z-Beat is focusing too much on flavor, then why are the only questions you are asking him flavor based? It seems a bit contradictory.

I think my reads list should help :) At the moment, I'm most suspicious of Sawn, partially out of respect, and out of the fact that I think they're intentionally making a bad accusation of me bandwagoning, which I hope I disproved up above

The bandwagoning comment was one point from Neeks argument that I found weird, as you were right you lead both the trains for your votes on day one (though one was a joke vote).

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Other wise, he has mostly just been responding to people, though he has at least been answering people's questions towards him such as why he mentioned breadcrumbs on day one.

I'm oftentimes playing catch-up in mafia, so I don't blame you for thinking I play reactively, but that's how I think I can best contribute to town

I'm wondering if Oreo is actually a stuffed animal with the level of fluff that's in these posts

CelebratedSneakyDoe-small.gif

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you feel Z-Beat is focusing too much on flavor, then why are the only questions you are asking him flavor based? It seems a bit contradictory.

The bandwagoning comment was one point from Neeks argument that I found weird, as you were right you lead both the trains for your votes on day one (though one was a joke vote).

Yeah, D1 I thought the flavor discussion was totally useless... but then the flips started happening. We now have 4 flips that, based on what's been said about the show, do not put roles out of place with flavors. If you take B-Dubs and exo on their flavor claims, you could allow yourself even more evidence, but these claims can still be lies.

So, because we're actually seeing power-flavor alignment, I've changed opinions on the flavor discussion. However, I don't agree with where the flavor discussion has gone.

I don't think we should be focusing on flavor claims, but maybe general SU knowledge could help us estimate potential scum powers. Would that not be sort of useful to you?

Neeks's bandwagon comment is a strong point in her case against me. So I'm calling bs on that, because I see another Sawn-led train hurting town in the future :/

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Yeah, D1 I thought the flavor discussion was totally useless... but then the flips started happening. We now have 4 flips that, based on what's been said about the show, do not put roles out of place with flavors. If you take B-Dubs and exo on their flavor claims, you could allow yourself even more evidence, but these claims can still be lies.

So, because we're actually seeing power-flavor alignment, I've changed opinions on the flavor discussion. However, I don't agree with where the flavor discussion has gone.

I don't think we should be focusing on flavor claims, but maybe general SU knowledge could help us estimate potential scum powers. Would that not be sort of useful to you?

Neeks's bandwagon comment is a strong point in her case against me. So I'm calling bs on that, because I see another Sawn-led train hurting town in the future :/

I guess that does make a bit more sense, in your change on flavor discussion so thank you for clarifying that. I guess it could have it's uses trying to figure out what powers scum flavors would had, but at the same time I don't entirely think it's relevant until we actually flip scum and learn their powers.

Besides that, just because a SU fan might speculate a certain role would really fit a certain flavor, doesn't mean that's what Monkey actually gave them. I mean Z-Beat had assumed that Garnet would be the one with double vote and if Exodus is telling the truth it ended up being Stevonnie and even then it's a very weird version of the power.

Hell Lars and Sadie ended up being lovers which is something I wouldn't actually have thought of for them (partly because while a possible romance was hinted at, it didn't actually happen that way.)

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Also while I'd love to stay up, i am getting sleepy and if I want to be here for end of day tomorrow i need to get some sleep. x3

Night everyone!

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love you my man haha.

Somehow I feel that you are lacking something. I don't want to say that it is substance. But as of today a lot of your posts lacked substance.

Show me what you can do

Lol glad you took my read well :] Love reciprocated!

Well for substance, I think I'm putting out some decent stuff

- Got my reads list up
- Arguing that flavor claims are junk, but flavor could to estimate some stuff
- I see Sawn propping up an incorrect claim on me
- B-Dubs and exo are most likely town, so let's not WIFOM this too hard

Apart from that...

I'd say that I'd like to see a Z-Beat lynch happen before Sawn, despite me disagreeing with her claim on me.

I guess that does make a bit more sense, in your change on flavor discussion so thank you for clarifying that. I guess it could have it's uses trying to figure out what powers scum flavors would had, but at the same time I don't entirely think it's relevant until we actually flip scum and learn their powers.

Besides that, just because a SU fan might speculate a certain role would really fit a certain flavor, doesn't mean that's what Monkey actually gave them. I mean Z-Beat had assumed that Garnet would be the one with double vote and if Exodus is telling the truth it ended up being Stevonnie and even then it's a very weird version of the power.

Hell Lars and Sadie ended up being lovers which is something I wouldn't actually have thought of for them (partly because while a possible romance was hinted at, it didn't actually happen that way.)

I haven't seen the show, so I feel a little bit like a fish out of water when it comes to flavors, so I'm looking to others to see if they would have any guesses.

At the end of the day, though, they are just guesses, you're right. But between the two flavor discussions, it's more useful to me to guess that there must be a Steven in this game, and that could mean roles x, y, z, instead of having someone just claim Steven

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna head to bed now, too, but I should be around for some EoD madness tomorrow :D

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
In regards to B-Dubs, that's fair. Let's say you get TheChuggernaut flipped, where do you look next in both a potential mafia and town flip?
Can't answer that w/o seeing how things turned out. I scumread chuggs. I pointed out the grammar thing with weems. I know weems had pure intent when they pointed it out due to the flip. Dubs making the choice between neeks and chuggs also aligned with my earlier view on chuggs.

How am I lying exactly? Dubs is a PR. That is a fact. While the thought of scum dubs is fun at this point it's just a theory and not worth pursuing hardcore atm. If both you and chuggs are town that leads to side eyeing dubs more.
EzekelRAGE Like this reads as if you had this whole plan to gain reactions out of people but then when you do get them you do absolutely nothing with them. You're talking to talk, not talking to solve the game.
List the reactions I got. There were two reactions. Nin who I think was a joke and beat or Rek. There are over a dozen other players who didn't answer or went to flavor. Mostly everybody seemed to be cool with the wad kill due

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
My vote will either stay on chuggs or change To the following players.

Queenkong
Ezekel

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
oreomunsta still has a vote on the deceased, Exo's vote is incorrect (should be 1, not double), and the rest are just....there

WhySoDevious kinda sticks out since they are just sitting on Stan and I can't recall why. There's also been zero pressure there either.

Z-Beat and Exo are also voting against each other which is meh. also 4 non-voters

we got less than 12 hours, start voting.

Im voting Zeke. Vote tool is messed up from the double I think.

Unvote
Unvote

Vote: EzekalRAGE

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pro tip, save page one and look up the player list. Copy paste the names and you are safe.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm atm most wary of KetKat. She has only been commenting on events that have happened but she isn't trying to go out of her way to scum hunt.
She was one of the person who voted wee out too and interrogated meat.
I suspect oreo all the same.
Vote: Ketkat

To be fair, I wasn't expecting someone to shoot meatwad after digging into that a little bit. It threw me off this day phase, but I'll hopefully be able to hit scum soon

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You bet!

lokiduck - town read. I find them to be generally sensible about questions, and feel like they are scumhunting
NeonBorealis - null. They have a good bit of activity, but I don't find myself reading town or scum on them
EzekelRAGE - slight town read. Not always sure what they're aiming for, but don't read it as anti-town
Sawneeks - slight scum read. A scum Sawn would be some of the worst news for town, so I'm generally wary of Sawn out of respect o7
Stantastic - null. They've posted about as much as I have... and I'm near the bottom of the post list lol
TheChuggernaut - slight town read. Though I don't agree with their decisions, I get the feeling that they are looking for scum
nin - null. Nin's posting a lot, but feeling like their cards are held close to their chest. Where's my ninsanity?
exodus - town read. More likely to me that their power demonstrations are town, rather than scum
KetKat - slight town. Think that they do some good prodding and questioning. Don't feel like they take much of a stance on things, though
oreomunsta - wants to help town get the W, but seeing a bad vote build up on them :(
Queen Kong - null. I can appreciate the "new player" vibe, but you're being mentored. That angle could be used dangerously between you and cabot
WhySoDevious - slight scum read. Anyone should be suspicious of low posters. I want to know - WWWSDD? What Would WSD Do?
B-Dubs - town read. like exo, B-Dubs power demo seems more town than scum to me
Reki - null. Not really sure what to make of their activity, to be honest. This read is the most likely to change, I feel

Thanks for giving the read list oreo, this does help me see where you're coming from on some angles. A lot of null's but that seems pretty common this game.

Can you explain your reasoning for scum reading Z-beat here a little better? You have been pretty deep into the flavor discussion, and I'm not sure I really make much of a distinction between being able to find solutions to the game in them and being able to guesstimate powers.

@Z-

Okay, so estimate a scum team of 5 or so. Based on what you know of SU, what's a list of possible villains, and what powers could they possibly do?

I wonder if this could give us an idea of what we might be up against. I don't think people claiming flavors is useful, since people can always lie about them, but maybe estimating roles can give some insight into the role madness

This post in relation to your scum read of Z-beat don't make a whole lot of sense for me

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Ok just caught up and I have like 15 minutes before going out. Not really feeling a TheChuggernaut vote, and although I'd be okay with oreomunsta I'll like to have three competing wagons if possible. To both minimize the chance of getting ourselves into a town vs town situation and to have a bit more information next phase. Of the other players with a vote, I'd be willing to go with either EzekelRAGE or Ketkat*. The first for what was pointed out in our exchange earlier. The second for what Queen Kong said; athough I see she just explained it, it really feels like Ketkat hasn't followed too much on anything.

The caveats for the first are that his style may be affecting my thoughts on him too much. In regards to the second, exactly what she said; it could be just disoriented town. Well;

VOTE: EzekelRAGE

*Side note: plenty of posters call you KetKat instead of Ketkat. Which one do you prefer?

By the way nin, that question may be looked like nothing, but I'd really like you to comment if possible. Unsure if I'd be able to follow inmediatly so take your time if needed. Thank you.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to put this here for right now :

And I have no preference towards Ketkat or KetKat

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ok just caught up and I have like 15 minutes before going out. Not really feeling a TheChuggernaut vote, and although I'd be okay with oreomunsta I'll like to have three competing wagons if possible. To both minimize the chance of getting ourselves into a town vs town situation and to have a bit more information next phase. Of the other players with a vote, I'd be willing to go with either EzekelRAGE or Ketkat*. The first for what was pointed out in our exchange earlier. The second for what Queen Kong said; athough I see she just explained it, it really feels like Ketkat hasn't followed too much on anything.

The caveats for the first are that his style may be affecting my thoughts on him too much. In regards to the second, exactly what she said; it could be just disoriented town. Well;

VOTE: EzekelRAGE

*Side note: plenty of posters call you KetKat instead of Ketkat. Which one do you prefer?

By the way nin, that question may be looked like nothing, but I'd really like you to comment if possible. Unsure if I'd be able to follow inmediatly so take your time if needed. Thank you.

You want me to throw down a third option for you? Sorry I didn't really get the question there

Reki

Oct 25, 2017

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Reki regarding the aftermath.
I am not sure how to handle Sawneeks atm, I might be open to vote her out. But I would give her another day for now.

Regarding my other comment.

Like above, saw was one of the main contributes to weemads death.
Chuggernaut is a whole different beast.
At this stage I wouod give him the benefit of the doubt. I still dont like voting out players who can't decent themselves.
In that sense

UNVOTE

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Well after a day of thinking (and after seeing dark phoenix in theaters (pro tip: don't)) I can say he following.

Chuggs, my animosity comes from the fact that I've learnt not to trust immedeately what I've come to know as charismatic players, that is to say, players that are incredibly active and take a prominent leading role against scum. During all this time you've struck me as one of these players. And while my eye still remains on you, I agree with the reasoning on Oreo. I guess I got carried away by feeling and old experiences.

I honestly don't have a feel for Zeke. The conversation with Chuggs at day one could be adscribed as day 1 shenanigans. And while his stances against Exo are weird, I still can't be confident in my judge of character to make the right call.

Now, onto Oreo. So far he has been relatively inactive, but he was on biard woth lynching inactive players and also had votes on meat (as previously stated). These reasons alone deserve more scrutiny.

Unvote

Anyways. Don't know if I'll be here for EOD. But I have the feeling that things will get funky soon.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
TONIGHT ONLY!! We are having a PARTY! Discussion may continue in the night phase within this thread.

There are no post minimums and you may not vote.

The day continues. Good luck!

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Dear god that STANDBY happened while i was typing this and i thought we were gonna see more bodies, but this is actually kinda nice.

Welp its well past 3am so imma be heading off now.

Looks like things are heading Oreos way atm, i cant say im against that in any real way, been a total blindspot for me but the arguments others have been putting down seem adequate i guess. Imma leave my vote on Zeke in the hopes things stay interesting.

Party on friends.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Like above, saw was one of the main contributes to weemads death.
Chuggernaut is a whole different beast.

Yes.

But 15 posts earlier you made the town points post. If you were so interested in that - and I trust you were - why would you made that second post. Like pointed out, there're more people adhering to the framing theory than accusing Sawneeks. It clearly doesn't "seem only fair" for a lot of posters here. I can't see how that gives you town cred. B-Dubs' gambit backfired.

At this stage I wouod give him the benefit of the doubt. I still dont like voting out players who can't decent themselves.

You've been consistent with this, and although I questioned it first time it seems like a considerate stance. Just wanted to point it out.

TONIGHT ONLY!! We are having a PARTY! Discussion may continue in the night phase within this thread.

There are no post minimums and you may not vote.

The day continues. Good luck!

I have no idea what this game is anymore.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
But 15 posts earlier you made the town points post. If you were so interested in that - and I trust you were - why would you made that second post. Like pointed out, there're more people adhering to the framing theory than accusing Sawneeks. It clearly doesn't "seem only fair" for a lot of posters here. I can't see how that gives you town cred. B-Dubs' gambit backfired.

Regarding me doing the second post, i try to rethink what i say several times, this might come off as flipp flopping to some, which is kinda true. I dont really want to cement my thoughts on someone this early in the game.

Regarding the second part and gaining town points.
I most and foremost want to share my thoughts, in my eyes that is the most townish thing i can do besides throwing my vote down. I can understand if you dont share that same way of thinking though, a lot of people dont but bear in mind that they are the most cincere thoughts there are.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Dear god that STANDBY happened while i was typing this and i thought we were gonna see more bodies, but this is actually kinda nice.

Welp its well past 3am so imma be heading off now.

Looks like things are heading Oreos way atm, i cant say im against that in any real way, been a total blindspot for me but the arguments others have been putting down seem adequate i guess. Imma leave my vote on Zeke in the hopes things stay interesting.

Party on friends.

Cool but anything you want to say or add to the discussion ? this just describes you writing a post.
There is nothing to work with in this post.

Give us at least something