• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I've been reviewing all of the posts from day one and what has transpired of day two.

So far I'm still ambivalent on Exodus. Yes, his claim makes sense as town if we think about numbers. However the fact that he hides his character gives me pause.
But the thing that makes me think the most is the fact that LP was the one nightkilled Sure, the narrative that the mafia killed him to give us little information is plausible. However, I don't think that is the main reason.

If you recall the whole wee, Saw conversation that transpired last day, it basically started because of saw voting LP and wee calling her out. Saw's vote remains at wee and then the bandwagon happens.

At that time LP was also under some fire and was being questioned by some players, so him being NK is kinda odd considering that scum could have simply let him live and maybe direct attention towards him.

But what if they killed him to create a narrative.

By that I mean that they killed him in order to leave all evidence pointing to Saw, being that she was the one who started the voting for wee and before that she had voted for LP. I mean, it is the perfect setup. That conversation got kinda heated for day one and calling attention to it could be an easy day 2 elimination.

Now, te plan hinges on either someone pushing that narrative or someone calling attention to the controversy. On these grounds I have the biggest scum reads from Meatwad (Who went on the complete offensive at the beginning of day 2) and Chugg (He was throwing coal into the Meat-Saw discussion, not to mention that he basically repeated Saw and Kit's reasoning before joining the bandwagon and was generally very fence-sitting for the majority of day one).
Out of the two, I'm more willing to say that Chugg reads as scum.

TLDR- Saw is being setup and I have the biggest scum reads on Meat (because of aggressiveness at the start of day 2) and Chugg.

Well. On that note I'm off to sleep. I hope that I don't wake up in a pyre tomorrow.

I like how this post reached the exact same conclusion I did about the Saw thing, except your using it to scum read me somehow. The fence sitting comments from you and Zeke to are weird to. I've been scum/town reading quite a bit of people. I had a town read on Loki on like page 3. Sure, I have some nulls, but the last time I posted a read list was on day 1 and everyone has nulls on day 1. Is this about me going back and forth on my reads? Would you rather make some scum/town reads on day 1 and then just never go back and reexamine those?

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Ok. One more post tonight even though I should be asleep already (I can stop whenever I want to guys).

It is mostly the feel I got from you being wishy washy the day before. Sure, you were very active but to me it seemed like you were just talking in circles. And then you joined in the middle of the wee bandwagon basically parroting the reasoning of saw and Kit. All of that made me suspicious of you.

Maybe you were pointing Meatwads post because you reached the same conclusion as me, or maybe you were goadong others into going after meatwad becaise he took the bait and started going after the wee vs saw narrative.

Or who knows. Maybe I'm just stupid and crazy rusty at reading people.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, here's where I stand as of now.

Town
Ketkat
Lokiduck
Queen Kong
Reki

Reads here really haven't changed.

Lean town
Stan
Neeks
B-Dubs

Feel a bit better about Dubs then Stan and Neeks. Dubs is just giving me town Dubs vibes. Already wrote about my Neeks and Stan theory's today so I'm not doing that again.

Null
Sae
nin
Oreo
Neon
Zeke

Wasn't a huge fan of that no vote from Sae, and he really just hasn't made much of an impression. Nothing he's done as pinged my scum sense yet.

I'm feeling better about nin then I was on yesterday, but I still feel like I'm not getting much from him.

I just haven't been able to get a grasp on Oreo at all. Might need to reread him.

I was feeling alright about Neon, but just wasn't very impressed with his last big post. He just kind of parroted my theory on the LP kill, and slapped on a vote for me at the end.

Zeke scares me. When I think he's town, he's scum and when I think he's scum he's town. Not feeling great about him currently, but I just don't trust my read of him. Could probably be persuaded to vote just to figure out what his deal is.

Slight scum lean
Exodus

I still think the flavor discussion is a waste of time, but I can't figure out why he's being so coy about saying what his flavor is. I'm still not much of a fan of how he played his role.

Scum lean
Z-Beat
Meatwad
Devious

Z-Beat seems more interested in flavor then actually solving the game. It just straight up feels like noise to me.

I've talked about Meatwad already.

I withheld going in on the "Let's just vote out a low poster" thing because I think there's a difference between someone that's coasting and someone that's inactive because they're legitimately kind of busy, so I wanted to give Devious a chance to get back in here before I decided my read on him. I...haven't been super impressed so far. There's just not much here at all.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Dunno. I'm tired and kind of had a not so good day. Maybe after a good nights sleep I'll reread the thread and things will make more sense then.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so after my not-so-quick catch up, I'm going to place a vote down on who's scummiest to my right now

Vote: Meatwad

The past few pages have not been a good look for you lol. I'm slight town leaning Sawn for the good questioning of Meat's statements on D1

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This flavor discussion feels like nothing but noise. Town noise. All i'll say on the matter is that we don't know if Fusion is even a thing/ability in this game so I don't think it's that outrageous for monkey to have Connie as a role and then Stevonnie as another role. There's 19 players in this game and i don't think we even know 19 popular characters in the show so

See, I would totally agree with you on the flavour noise if this was still D1, but LP's and wee's flips don't seem too crazy from a flavor associative perspective...

Z-Beat I think you're digging way too hard on flavor talk, but I have to admit that it isn't appearing to be too crazy.

Based on what you know of the show, can you think of what characters or roles scum could have? I'd like to have an educated guess for what to possibly expect out of an SU scum team

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not saying since it will give scum certain information I'd rather they not have.

This stuck out to me on my read-through. Funny enough, you're doing the right thing there by not revealing your flavor.

I don't agree in you revealing your power in D1, but you got the role confirmed, so I read it as town doing an anti-town move.

If you were more eager to have revealed a flavor, that flavor could have been total fluff from you

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Based on the last few pages I read town from Chugg, exodus and Ketkat atm. I'll need to read more into it and make a relationship chart.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mom has been recovering from surgery so I've been playing nurse all day and I haven't been able to keep up much. Going to catch up real quick and try to get some thoughts down pretty soon. Apologies.
Dunno. I'm tired and kind of had a not so good day. Maybe after a good nights sleep I'll reread the thread and things will make more sense then.

Dang, whether you're town or scum, I hope your days get better :(

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Sorry about not being as active everyone. I'm super fucking tired from this week and I got some stuff to do tomorrow so I may not be around as much then either.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why did you point out breadcrumbs here, oreo?

I would also like to know more about what you meant here as well. You seemed pretty laid back to let wee get lynched despite liking their initial stuff.

I meant breadcrumbs as in the votes people start putting on each other, as well as the reads that started coming out on page 4 (you and Chuggs start reading loki as town, more specifically)

As for me being more laidback, I had my reason laid out for why I placed my vote on WSD, and told myself to not get caught up in D1 trains, because they often crash and burn. So far, though, I'm not liking meat's responses, so I do want to place my vote on them, as opposed to a low poster strategy now that we're out of D1.

Oct 25, 2017
Z's flavor pursuit, though, is lining up with the flips that we've seen, though, so why still write it off as noise?

I've said it before (I think) and I'll say it again, very often the game runner will give the scum team fake flavor names they can claim if they're in a situation where they're asked to. I would be surprised if Monkey didn't do that especially in a game where the flavors seemed tied to the roles. So again, I think it's mostly just noise.

Oct 25, 2017
This stuck out to me on my read-through. Funny enough, you're doing the right thing there by not revealing your flavor.

I don't agree in you revealing your power in D1, but you got the role confirmed, so I read it as town doing an anti-town move.

If you were more eager to have revealed a flavor, that flavor could have been total fluff from you

And you seem to realize that point I just made here? So now I'm really confused on why you think I'm wrong for saying it's noise.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And you seem to realize that point I just made here? So now I'm really confused on why you think I'm wrong for saying it's noise.

There's a difference here, though, I think. On one hand, I'd be curious to see what some of the show's characters could translate to as roles, especially for scum. The flips we've seen so far show that it's not too far off. On the other hand, exo has revealed enough about their own role.

I'm not wanting to know other people's flavor claims, because they could just lie, but I want to see if guessing what flavors are in the game could lead to guessing some roles, especially since monkey said there's some role madness going on in the game

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Chance is none of the scum voted on Wee's removal on D1.
I see Wee voted for meatwad but meatwad wasn't trying to defend himself. With only one vote on him, he must have felt he was safe from lynching.

I've said it before (I think) and I'll say it again, very often the game runner will give the scum team fake flavor names they can claim if they're in a situation where they're asked to. I would be surprised if Monkey didn't do that especially in a game where the flavors seemed tied to the roles. So again, I think it's mostly just noise.
She can do that? That's mad.

I would agree with exo and possibly ket, but why are you reading town from chuggs? I've been iffy on them
I think his reasoning makes sense so far.

Sorry about not being as active everyone. I'm super fucking tired from this week and I got some stuff to do tomorrow so I may not be around as much then either.
Everyone is tired. It's the weekend thing?

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Exodus claim of being a human/gym hybrid who has a double vote led a lot of us to believe that he was Stevonnie. However, wee just flipped as Connie who is 1/2 of that fusion, so a lot of us are confused about who he is trying to claim exactly. And the vague nature of his flavor name being the only thing worth hiding from scum comes off as a way to wait as long as possible before making a claim just in case it conflicts with others like it kind of has.
It's possible there can be fusion as well as non-fusion gems/human in the same game.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hello there, sorry for not being really here. This will change as of now. I hovered over the last couple of pages and will put my thoughts down in a bit. Bear with me

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Back for a little bit
Also which scuffle are you discussing here? It was in response to how you disliked both loki and exodus.
The back and forth between those two prior to me making that post
I may have missed it but why did you vote for B dubs here? And why not Exo?
because I was suspicious of b dubs writing things off and because the flip made me more suspicious of exo

power confirmations don't confirm alignment. Have love boat and maple street taught you nothing, town?

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Reading through L_P posts, he wasn't on anyone's trail specifically. He was bantering with Sawneeks, then Z-Beat, then back to Saw and then Stan.
Most of his interaction with Saw was to gauge whether Saw belongs to his interpretation of town or scum.
His murder was probably not because he was close to a conclusion.

I'm going through from lowest post counts:
Devious has been on Stan's trail since his vote for weed. Probably nothing though. I'm leaning new townie. GUESS: Townie.

oreomunsta reads like a nervous town to me. I'm not fully convined of his pick on day 1: Devious. He was defensive of town wee, it all could be a ruse where he'd name anyone except the ones scums are going to kill. GUESS: Townie.

Neon first eyed Chuggs, but his reasoning was inline with his experience with the game. His target eventually moved to Exodus but it was clarified there's no neutral role in this game. (I didn't know there're neutral roles in mafia games?) I think he might be town. GUESS: Townie.

Exodus: I think he's more likely guessed town, based on his role powers. He actively hunts scums and he is constantly on Zeke's trail. GUESS: More likely townie.

B-Dubs: He posted a lot more than I thought, but a lot of it were to discuss Exodus' powers. He's not actively scum hunting, but he's not trying to protect any towns either. GUESS: ???

Ketkat: She reverse read Wee and voted for her because Wee's suspicion of Chuggs seemed empty. She's protective of low posters (L_P who was murdered), this could have been the plan all along to throw us off her scent. She seems to be curious of Exodus' flavour character (I'd be too,) and wee's powers. Her reasoning is reasonable so far. She reads like an earnest but active scum hunter. GUESS: Townie.

Reki: They have a soft spot for Sawneeks. Their last read was on oreomunsta, because they can't figure oreo out. Reki reads like they are hunting town, but they try to keep it low key. I don't have enough information here to go on. GUESS: ???

To be continued...

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Meatwad: Cool avatar aside, first day Meatwad only passively hunt scums. He claimed he's not leaning town on talkative people but eventually voted for Devious (lowest post.) He seems defensive of being questioned and bringing out not voting Wee as a reason. And for my reason 3 posts above: GUESS: Leaning scum.

Stan: Suspected Wee, Zeke on first day. He also voted Wee out. His posts don't point out to me he's actively seeking out scums. A lot of non sequitur. GUESS: Wildcard. I don't lean either.

Saenima: A lot of empty posts. Wee sort of suspected Sae at one point. Suspected Wee at one point. Not enough info. GUESS: ???

Wee: Bless. :<

Dr.Monkey: A lot of posts. She doesn't actively search scums. She knows everything. GUESS: Schemer.

The rest have too many posts. I need time.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Zeke: *truffleshuffle* He's consistently against flavour discussion since it could help scums. The reasoning is their "supposed" powers can assist scums in taking out the more dangerous townies (I agree with this now.) At odd with Chuggs. Protective of Exodus. Eventually voted Chuggs. GUESS: More likely town.

Sawneeks: Very friendly, but evil can be friendly too. First vote: L_P, trying to get him to come out of his shell. Interact with nin quite a bit. Her logic is reasonable so far. Very active in guessing town AND scums. GUESS: Town.

Z-beat: Suspected Dubs based on meta game on last game, for defending Exodus. Suspicious of Exodus who wouldn't give out his true name. A lot of reasonable activity here. GUESS: More likely town.
Monkey formed Maple Street entirely around the idea of distrust destroying town from the inside.
That's wicked, Doc.
Just a heads up, we can't talk during night phase (monkey don't kill me I was just letting them know)
I'm bringing up this old shame. I broke 3 rules in a day v__v

Chuggs: He's very active in hunting scums to the point of compromising himself to other scum hunters. GUESS: Town.

nin: An enigma. He disagrees with Exodus revealing his powers. He reads like a scum hunter. GUESS: Town.
Regarding the Kong -thing. Saw asked me who i would like to see dead and why, i gave out my honest and not thought out gut answer. Still not sure why anyone would pin me down for something hypothetical. It just feels like the answer did not matter since everyone who i would have chosen would have been a bad choice that early in the game :3
Don't lynch me. :<

lokiduck: She reads like a new player actively participating in the game. She answered questions interrogation reasonably. GUESS: Town.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
You know what? Let's shake this game up a bit, it's moving slow as hell and that only benefits scum.

Dr. Monkey Pedro

Smash: Meatwad

Let's see if this doesn't tell us something. If he flips town then all of a sudden we've got some suspects, if he flips scum that tells us something too.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Stan: Suspected Wee, Zeke on first day. He also voted Wee out. His posts don't point out to me he's actively seeking out scums. A lot of non sequitur. GUESS: Wildcard. I don't lean either.
I didnt suspect Zeke?
i brought up hoe he is prone to seeing conspiracy where there isnt any, but thats cartainly NAI for him.
honestly i would be more worried if he wasn't doing it, tho i cant remember playing any games with him as scum so im not sure if he can fake it well or not.
So yeah, NAI.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? Let's shake this game up a bit, it's moving slow as hell and that only benefits scum.

Dr. Monkey Pedro

Let's see if this doesn't tell us something. If he flips town then all of a sudden we've got some suspects, if he flips scum that tells us something too.
oh damnit man, i was about to go sleep but now i gotta stick around to see whatever this is.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meatwad has died

saenima has died

Welcome to Beach City! This is Steven Universe mafia and you are aligned with town.
You are Lars, a human Lover. That's right. I'm just making you get with Sadie. It's time.
You and Sadie share a night-only lovers chat on Outer Mafia. Enjoy your time together. Big changes are in store for you, but that's part of the canon after this game, so for now, live it up and love it up.
Oh, and if one of you dies? Yeah, that's it for both of you. Be careful.
The game thread is here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Dr. Monkey.
You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
Good luck!

Welcome to Beach City! This is Steven Universe mafia and you are aligned with town.
You are Sadie, a human Lover. That's right. I'm just making you get with Lars. It's time.
You and Lars share a night-only lovers chat on Outer Mafia. Enjoy your time together. Big changes are in store for y'all, but that's part of the canon after this game, so for now, live it up and love it up.
Oh, and if one of you dies? Yeah, that's it for both of you. Be careful.
The game thread is here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Dr. Monkey.
You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
Good luck!

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Flavor to come later probably and sorry, I don't know which is Lars and which is Sadie if anyone really cares, you caught me on mobile and no one else around lol

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
That did not go how I expected it to at all...

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least now we can look at everyone who was scum reading both of them...

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I have no words....

I didnt suspect Zeke?
i brought up hoe he is prone to seeing conspiracy where there isnt any, but thats cartainly NAI for him.
honestly i would be more worried if he wasn't doing it, tho i cant remember playing any games with him as scum so im not sure if he can fake it well or not.
So yeah, NAI.
Ah, OK.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the Meatwad train was sawneeks, thechuggernaught, and oreomunsta. Nin voted saenima yesterday.

Guess we can start looking there and at whoever else was pushing Meatwad.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure how to contribute to the current discussion.
I will put my thoughts down on the current players for the time being.

lokiduck : On day one she seemed like asking a lot of questions on day two the questions thing did not continue. Not sure where to put her. Will keep on watching for the moment

NeonBorealis : Even though i have not even interacted with him his way of playing gives me a decent feeling, does not hold bacl

EzekelRAGE : Zeke might come off as not caring but dont underestimate him, as of this game. Not sure where to put him. No hunch at this stage

Sawneeks : Main Contributer to the Wee lynch. Hey we all make mistakes and i wont hold her that in front of her eyes that she managed to get weemand lynched. She had a hunch an followed it. Hopefully this wont come off as defending her its more of understanding her. as of the way she has been playing ? Town Cred for getting a town player lynched.

Stantastic : Stan is not here, thats nothing new and it wont change, the way he has been playing at this point is very superficial. 5 out of 10. Not sure on which side he is on.

Lone_Prodigy : dead
TheChuggernaut - CST : He sure wants to go after Mafia, which could be a good thing. As of the way he has been playing ? I think its okay ? almost had not personal interaction with him in order to make a judgement. Tried to vote for me but as he realized that the nin train wont take off anytime soon he switched his votes. Not going to hold that against him as almost everyone wants to at least once try to lynch me or take me out in a mafia game. Since i have written almost more than for everyone else i am going to put him down as Town with a grain of scum.
nin : thats an easy call. Active at the beginning of day one even though most of his post count was inflated due to reactonary posts. Nothing substancial as of now. a Null for me.

saenima : He left no impression whatsoever on me. Not sure but most of the posts they made seemed hollow. i think i have a feeling that there could be gold here.

10. Meatwad : Strong strong player as of now. "how" you might ask. well he is pushing and that is something that most players dont dare to do in order not to get any pushback. This pushing is leaving me to believe that he has nothing to lose aka simple town player who has no role attached to it. TOWN

Z-Beat _ appreciate all this meta talk about who is who and what Monkey was thinking when she created the game. It does not really help me as i have not enought knowledge on steven universe and who might be what. you do you but dont try to get stuck in all that mess. Null komma null.

12. exodus : Funny guy. Claims day one just to get the pot stirring, get some flack for doing it and now he does not understand why everyone is calling him out for it. Made me chuckle as i was thinking of the game while taking a cold shower. Either he did not think it through or he is one hell of a good actor. Not indicative of any role atm.

KetKat : I have said it noumerus times back in the day but will say it again. Mad props for making me feel uncomfortable while playing with you due to the high skill she is showing off. Not sure where to put her. All i know is that she is indeed a strong player. Wait and see would be the way to go as of now.

weemadarthur : Dead ;___;
oreomunsta ´: Null not sure what to say. left no impression on me as of today. Will have to dig deeper.

Queen Kong : still unsure, Not sure if its due to her being new but i dont see her interacting really deep with anyone. It seems really superficial at this stage of the game. Will have to push her to the brink of laughing in order to get to know each other a tad better.

WhySoDevious [WSD] : Sadly unavailable due to some RL stuff. Hopefully she bounces back in order to astonish us.

18. B-Dubs : Only impression he left on me was his Link Avatar. Is pushing some people, thats what i have read in this day phase but somehow. Somehow i dont know how or where to put him into. Will keep on seeking in order to find something.

19. Reki [Reki] - 0

This seems like a start.
Until further notice let me put this down

VOTE: Saenima

Will start cooking now. Will be here until the end of time. If there are questions, ask them in order to get a response.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry B-Dubs but why would you do that???

Game was slow? For sure. But Meatwad had three votes. That lunch was far from decided.

A far better use of that would have been to claim and discuss how to use it properly.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Dr. Monkey Pedro

Rofl. Thanks for wasting a good post of mine lol