• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Guess we might as well get this started.

Vote: nin
th

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
At best, he's not helping town scum hunt.
tenor.gif

Sorry but that is straight BS, i tried to be as active as i can and pushed the conversation.
You want to pin me down on not wanting to give out "read lists" this early in the game? Fine, but dont say that i am not actively trying to scum hunt.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless the tool vote is lying, he proved it already.

This is getting weirdly similar to the LB3 double-voter situation.

Yeah i wrote that before the proof came out.

Still NAI and a weird play.

The way you word things comes off with more "shade". It's subtle, but it's there.

Tbf that's just Chuggs' writing style i think. He always comes off to me like that.

That's....not it at all, Wee.

I'm going over it again but here's the breakdown.

It starts here where I vote for LP. As I explain later it's a half joke/half prod that I wanted LP to do more of something, anything. I also was not against it becoming a far more serious vote if nothing else popped up, i.e. scum reads

Then Wee posts this with little actual explanation

A couple of folks note it and ask questions. These are Reki, Sae, and Ket.

Wee clarifies to Reki that it's simply unbelievable that a Townie could ever pick out LP because he is the 'easy' target. Says my reasoning (keep this part in mind) is too weak.

Ket and Reki pursue it further, asking Wee how my vote somehow makes me Scum.

I wake up and join in on this fun time with an explanation of my vote.

Wee's response Ket's and Reki's question as to why that makes me scum is, again, I've been around long enough to know prods don't work on LP so therefore I am a liar for trying it anyway.

Wee doesn't respond to my explanation post (despite mentioning that my reasoning is weak even though I didn't explain it until after their chat with Reki/Ket). I ask them why

This whole exchange happens. I call out Wee for not discussing my reasoning behind the vote and they continue to simply sit on the 'you should know better' angle without talking about lunching low post counts, unhelpful Day 1, etc. Even Ket enters in again and echoes my sentiment that Wee is protecting LP and that gets nothing out of them.

Wee's next post is:

That's the second dodge from Wee so I vote:

Response? 'i'm scumhunting'. Still nothing back to me.

And then even keeps it going by ignoring this last statement too.

Neeks:
VagueOnlyHare-small.gif

Wee:
tenor.gif

thank you for coming to my TED talk

Now this is a spicy post and i find myself very curious to see Wee's response. She does read more evasive than usual.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Exodus and his claim.

He showed us that he has the power to double-vote.
That seems fair but that does not mean that he is town alligned.
Let that be clear.

exodus glad you flexed but what did you want to accomplish by coming out like this ?
I mean, we will keep assuiming that there is the possibility of you being scum.
If you are indeed town, scum will try to just keep you alive in order to get lynched by town.
Or you will get killed by Scum since a town double voter is a lot more valuable to town.

In hindsight, you made the wrong move in my eyes.

Meh. I thought a double vote would be a good town indicator. I guess not. I don't know what happened in Love Boat.

Mostly just trying to do something interesting D1 because I hate D1's, especially in such a large game. I also tend to be in the running for D1 lunches in a lot of the games I play, so I was mostly hoping to preempt that.

Maybe it was a bad move. I'm just not much for playing by the "best-practices" townie handbook. It makes for a boring game.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Meh. I thought a double vote would be a good town indicator. I guess not. I don't know what happened in Love Boat.

Mostly just trying to do something interesting D1 because I hate D1's, especially in such a large game. I also tend to be in the running for D1 lunches in a lot of the games I play, so I was mostly hoping to preempt that.

Maybe it was a bad move. I'm just not much for playing by the "best-practices" townie handbook. It makes for a boring game.

Don't worry, I completely agree with you on the day 1 thing. I mean i did the same several games ago. I certanly can understand why you did it, trust me.
Just wanted to lay down my thoughts on the matter. Don't worry for now, you are not on my to do list

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Double: EzekelRAGE

Scum zeke is scary unreadable. I don't have a solid read on anyone right now. Maybe town for Sawneeks for purely selfish reasons.
The whole situation with the role claim this early on is weird IMO. Here is how I see it:

If He is telling the truth and he is townie then revealing the double vote early on is actually counterproductive. Double-voting is an skill better reserved for the late game where the number of players is vastly reduced. Not only is claiming painting a target on his back, he could also reduce the options the scum has to choose in order to hit another valuable power role. If he did the claim in order to gain town trust then he just gave the scum a freebie IMO.

Now if he was mafia then the claim could make some sort of sense. He could be trying to claim a non vital power role in order to gain the trust of the townies in the game. Perhaps with the help of a role-cop in case we have townie roles capable of doing just that. However, by claiming day one he also puts himself at a disadvantage since anyone in future days could call his claim into question, thereby also painting a target in his back. I need to add here that if exodus were to be scum then I0d expect him no to do something as bold as role-claiming day 1 (Then again, I've seen some weird things happen, so idk).

Now then, onto the most interesting possibility: Exodus is an independent player. If he were neutral his playstyle would vary depending on his role, and based on his actions so far, he could be a jester looking to get lynched early. This could fit with the nature of his claim which can be easily proven wrong or right. If he is not telling the truth then he has already given the players plenty of ammo to use against him. Thus leading to an early elimination.

Now, we could prove this by tying votes with him in order to see that both his claims are true. If it is true, then more than likely he is town (and a risk taker) but if he is lying then my instinct is telling me that he is a jester and we should ignore him for the rest of the game.

[BTW Everyone, quick pause in the middle of my rant. I have a question. How does the outside communications work in these games. In the previous games Ive played elsewhere PM's were allowed as long as the game runner was also included in the conversations. Is this true here, or are only the mafia allowed to have their chatroom.]

What are both of my claims, and what do you mean by tying my votes?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I could prod with single votes instead. :x

I didn't actually mean to post that vote. Didn't realize it was still in my post. ERA saves your drafts now.

Tbh, I'm trying to find a reason to believe Zeke is scum because he completely fooled me last game. He played a very aggressive early scum and was unreadable to me all game. Oddly enough, he went after Chuggs last game and seems to be doing the same here.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Double: EzekelRAGE

Scum zeke is scary unreadable. I don't have a solid read on anyone right now. Maybe town for Sawneeks for purely selfish reasons.

What are both of my claims, and what do you mean by tying my votes?

You claimed both townie and doublevoter. I was treating them as separate because one doesn't imply the other (later I'd learn on how the vote system app works, confirming that you are indeed a dv. Jury is still out for your townie claim though).

With tying votes I meant tying votes between two players with your vote in there to test if your DV claim was true. Given what I already said about the vote tool, the test is meaningless since nos we know you are a DV.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Tbh, I'm trying to find a reason to believe Zeke is scum because he completely fooled me last game. He played a very aggressive early scum and was unreadable to me all game. Oddly enough, he went after Chuggs last game and seems to be doing the same here.
So no reason in this game to believe im scum? I can't do anything with that then.
tenor.gif

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
So no reason in this game to believe im scum? I can't do anything with that then.
tenor.gif
I guess I should go more in depth with my thoughts on this.

7 hours til eod. They only thing that you can say is "Rage fooled me last game, better safe than sorry."
Take last game out of the equation. That takes out your bias for scum reading me (because I tricked you) and bias for town reading chuggs(because you didn't believe him last game).

Who else would you vote for/prod?

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

EzekelRAGE (2 votes)
exodus - #562 (Double)

weemadarthur (2 votes)
Sawneeks - #426
KetKat - #478

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
saenima - #169 #492
Stantastic - #245

B-Dubs (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #162
Queen Kong - #193 #200

nin (1 votes)
Stantastic - #233 #245
exodus - #490 (Double) #562
TheChuggernaut - #527

WhySoDevious (1 votes)
oreomunsta - #510

Queen Kong (1 votes)
B-Dubs - #161

lokiduck (0 votes)
NeonBorealis - #167 #387

Lone_Prodigy (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #263 #426

saenima (0 votes)
oreomunsta - #210 #510

exodus (0 votes)
lokiduck - #232 #543

KetKat (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #164 #514

Not voting: lokiduck, Z-Beat, nin, Reki, saenima, EzekelRAGE, WhySoDevious, Lone_Prodigy, Meatwad, Queen Kong, NeonBorealis

Post Counts:
nin: 48 lokiduck: 43 Sawneeks: 38 TheChuggernaut: 37 weemadarthur: 30 Queen Kong: 27 EzekelRAGE: 25 saenima: 25 Z-Beat: 22 NeonBorealis: 17 KetKat: 17 oreomunsta: 16 B-Dubs: 15 Reki: 15 Stantastic: 15 exodus: 13 Meatwad: 9 Lone_Prodigy: 6 WhySoDevious: 4

Current Countdown:
jsseayie0v

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Unvote

Just realized I still had a vote on QK. Time to find a more serious vote.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, only 6 hours left.
I am going to be blunt. I have no idea who to vote for. Will make my vote and case soon in order for no surprises.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Depends. Usually it is one kill per night if they don't have another limited kill ability.
Thanks.

I'm going through the town powers list right now, the Medium one seems a little meta for example? It reminds me of Merlin.
Is there any roles that won't be included in this forum game? Do scums talk to each other in Outside mafia chat?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lokiduck
Probably town. Nothing in posts to concern about.

NeonBorealis
Of the noobs, is most likely to be not-town. Hand wringing about someone else's role usage. Bringing up jesters which aren't allowed here could be a plan by a scum team to look participatory while remaining noncommital. I don't really subscribe to this theory on day one though. Not voting a noob even if he's played before elsewhere, it's unsporting.

EzekelRAGE
Seems slightly more his town self than his scum self. Is most responsive when people mention him. Watch for lack of interaction on other matters.

Sawneeks
I have the impression that saw has been responding to all players on all game content despite being focused on wee. Has decent arguments etc. Is still very self preservationist, which can be a scumtell. Not likely to vote here on day one.

Stantastic
He has posts but I can't for the life of me remember the content.

Lone_Prodigy
Offered maybe 2 points of contribution. For day one that's not far off. I don't usually have difficulty reading LP and so far he hasn't crossed into scum territory. But, he has been purely responsive and not making much new conversation. Slight town lean.

TheChuggernaut
Has seemed town from early on, to me. I gave a push against the one thing I noted - that could be a "scumtell", those never go well. His response was plausible. I had a game where I scumread him for being too smooth and he was town. No point doing that again, currently strong town read.

nin
I was very concerned for a bit due to his responding immediately to jokes but disregarding game content. He did respond to most of my game questions later though, this could be a schedule variance. Still waiting for a response to one question, maybe he missed it. No real read on nin so far.

saenima -
Sae has been perfectly willing to play around with me in non-game talk, and does make some commentary on game happenings. Doesn't seem to manufacture much content and I'm surprised I can't recall if they have a position on sneeks vs wee. I would expect there to be one. Little uncertain of sae in this game.

Meatwad
There's nothing here. I reread the first half of the day and there was nothing there. Vague commentary, mostly identical to others' points, I can't recall if he brought them up or was parroting. Slight scum lean, willing to vote here.

Z-Beat
Has seemed fine, brings up new thoughts. Not a lot of depth maybe? Null to slight town lean.

exodus
Confirmed role jumps to top town. Certainly the role is NAI but numbers-wise, it's a town role. Thatt is, it's much more common to be a town roLe. Unless scum needs it for balance purposes. With no other game design data, I'm going with the percentages here. Not voting exo.

KetKat
Commentary is logical. Need to review for how much ketkat is limiting to thoughts on one player. Currently null read but that may be OMGUS on my part, not sure.

weemadarthur [wee]
Finally showed up to play, shame about the game schedule.

oreomunsta
Was worried about oreo but I see lots of posts during my overnight. Seems to have content. No longer interested in voting here.

Queen Kong
Seems town, on top of noob pass.

WhySoDevious
Posts are full of nothing. Would consider voting here.

B-Dubs
I go back and forth on B-Dubs but I've lost almost all interest in voting here for day one.

Reki [Reki]
strong town read.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
@weema
nin
I was very concerned for a bit due to his responding immediately to jokes but disregarding game content. He did respond to most of my game questions later though, this could be a schedule variance. Still waiting for a response to one question, maybe he missed it. No real read on nin so far.

Can you point me towards it please?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
OK sawneeks, I'll actually answer your questions.

This all starts with wee having a very bad Tuesday and hoping the game doesn't start until Wednesday. I read along but didn't post except for a hello because it was better that way, on Tuesday.
Wed, I came along and responded to some things, from memory.

That's....not it at all, Wee.

I'm going over it again but here's the breakdown.

It starts here where I vote for LP. As I explain later it's a half joke/half prod that I wanted LP to do more of something, anything. I also was not against it becoming a far more serious vote if nothing else popped up, i.e. scum reads

Then Wee posts this with little actual explanation
I remembered your vote.

A couple of folks note it and ask questions. These are Reki, Sae, and Ket.

Wee clarifies to Reki that it's simply unbelievable that a Townie could ever pick out LP because he is the 'easy' target. Says my reasoning (keep this part in mind) is too weak.

Ket and Reki pursue it further, asking Wee how my vote somehow makes me Scum.

I wake up and join in on this fun time with an explanation of my vote.
I forgot the explanation for your vote.

I do think LP can be an "easy" target, my argument on that is sincere.

Wee's response Ket's and Reki's question as to why that makes me scum is, again, I've been around long enough to know prods don't work on LP so therefore I am a liar for trying it anyway.

Wee doesn't respond to my explanation post (despite mentioning that my reasoning is weak even though I didn't explain it until after their chat with Reki/Ket). I ask them why

This whole exchange happens. I call out Wee for not discussing my reasoning behind the vote and they continue to simply sit on the 'you should know better' angle without talking about lunching low post counts, unhelpful Day 1, etc. Even Ket enters in again and echoes my sentiment that Wee is protecting LP and that gets nothing out of them.

Wee's next post is:
People quoted the post and it turns out the explanation was in it, which I had forgotten.
So I went away to consider whether my argument was inherently stupid.

That's the second dodge from Wee so I vote:

Response? 'i'm scumhunting'. Still nothing back to me.

And then even keeps it going by ignoring this last statement too.

thank you for coming to my TED talk
You kept worrying at it. I let it go.
*shrug*
I moved on to poking at other players to get reads on them. You can disagree with my not bothering to respond to your arguments, but really I didn't see a need.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I have an hour and then I leave for work and the schedule ends days when I'm working and completely unavailable. This schedule is absolutely awful for me. I voted for the one that ends like 7 hours later so I could actually participate. If you want info from me you'll have to ask now and if you're asleep well too bad, wake up.

b-dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
WSD literally hasn't posted since Tuesday evening. Yeah people get busy, but this feels a lot like coasting.
Greetings everyone!

Good to be back playing.
Hey everyone!

Can't wait to see how I manage to stick my foot in my mouth this time.
Still fairly new to the game and there were some mechanics I wasn't familiar with in my previous games.

Ended up making comments that made me look suspicious and a target.
Don't make any dumb comments? lol

And don't wait till the last minute to vote.

I mean, after three games, I've learned the mechanics, but I still have trouble reading people.
Fireblend Any reason why I don't show up on the post counts list?

I've reloaded it a couple of times.
Their only posts all game. Not even a shitpost or a hint of scum hunting.

vote: WhySoDevious

I'm going to try and be back before EoD to see where we land, but I think going after someone coasting is better than going after someone engaging. At least for now.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't make him town though. This could still be a scum or neutral power.
I thought about this but there's nothing flavor-wise to link a human-gem fusion to scum unless town is actually all homeworld, which doesn't seem to be the case, or unless they're lying and thus was a supplied flavor name because they're actually topaz

b-dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I thought about this but there's nothing flavor-wise to link a human-gem fusion to scum unless town is actually all homeworld, which doesn't seem to be the case, or unless they're lying and thus was a supplied flavor name because they're actually topaz
I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about the double vote.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure I asked you how you would categorize your current playstyle but i'm not going to go back and find the wording.

oh, yeah i remember. Sorry for not responding to it.

I would say more laid back ? The reactive way of playing is still in my blood but i want to try and be also more analytical.
Less agressive and more trying to find a common path.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to move my vote i have 2 choices that top my list, devious and meatwad, i guess i'll flip a mental coin. Well actually i've just seen WSD have very little to say so i guess i'll go

vote: meatwad

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So I have an hour and then I leave for work and the schedule ends days when I'm working and completely unavailable. This schedule is absolutely awful for me. I voted for the one that ends like 7 hours later so I could actually participate. If you want info from me you'll have to ask now and if you're asleep well too bad, wake up.

who would be your top 3 contenders for EOD ?
some comments as of why would be appreciated.

Will do the same now aswell.

Have a good nights sleep :)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You were literally just talking about the flair they posted about, the post you quoted was talking about the power itself. That a double vote isn't indicative of town.

I'm saying that their flair is indicative of their power in this case, and if they're telling the truth then that flair would indicate town because there are no flavor names to fit scum with that matching power, except Topaz

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To do otherwise would be like having a Mario themed game where Bowser is town