• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The issue is when multiple days pass and exodus doesn't use it. All of a sudden we realize we might have been letting someone skate.
You think a power role can keep it in their pocket for multiple DAYS? Seriously?
Anyway it IS easy to prove, and backed up by the mod. Also NAI. [not alignment indicative - it ccould be a role belonging to town, mafia, or neutral].

Since day one is barely half over, I'm ok waiting for exo to expand at his own speed.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All honesty I thought it would've been Garnet, not Stevonnie/Smokey Quartz

iirc double vote doesn't have to go through to be displayed. Aren't you allowed to just use then unvote? I wasn't the one who used it when I had that power last game.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
The issue is when multiple days pass and exodus doesn't use it. All of a sudden we realize we might have been letting someone skate.
I'm not saying he's lying, I'm wondering what benefit this gives him? What does claiming on D1, when he's in no real danger yet, do for him? What positive outweighs the negatives?
What actions do you want to take on exo?

It's serms like you either want them to prove it or you want to lynch them.

It's day one, I can see this play coming from town, neutral, or scum. So nai for me atm.
*shrug*

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If y'all make your posts unreadable for people using superior light theme, I will literally modkill everyone.

Please carry on.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You're ignoring further prodding by people and continue to not acknowledge the second part of what I said. maybe it's not backing down but it sure is dodging.
And you're voting me for starting a conversation with a different player, using an inside joke.

We all have our faults. Hahaha that's a mineral pun. Omg i love me.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
You think a power role can keep it in their pocket for multiple DAYS? Seriously?
Anyway it IS easy to prove, and backed up by the mod. Also NAI. [not alignment indicative - it ccould be a role belonging to town, mafia, or neutral].

Since day one is barely half over, I'm ok waiting for exo to expand at his own speed.
I think claiming on D1 when there's zero pressure is weird.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Exodus is talking about a human-gem fusion. the most obvious two would be Smokey Quartz and Stevonnie (or just Steven but if you want to get technical he's not a fusion). Garnet is literally two gems fused together so she'd be the most logical to have the double vote.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Exodus is talking about a human-gem fusion. the most obvious two would be Smokey Quartz and Stevonnie (or just Steven but if you want to get technical he's not a fusion). Garnet is literally two gems fused together so she'd be the most logical to have the double vote.
Oh, ok.
Who is the third fusion please?

Oct 25, 2017
2nd time I've noticed this fence sitting response.

What actions do you want to take on exo?

It's serms like you either want them to prove it or you want to lynch them.

It's day one, I can see this play coming from town, neutral, or scum. So nai for me atm.
*shrug*

You have almost the exact same conclusion as me. Like I'm actually on the same page with you here. I just don't want to write it off as town and never come back to Exodus. It's NAI

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Ok yes, it's hard to follow my logic skips, this is why i'm not a coder. I'm working on it. Course when I detail all my thought process ppl still don't agree, so eh. I'll post what I get to.

Sure, didn't mean to tell you how to write your posts, so apologies if it sounded like that.

Thinking about it, did you play Mansion? I believe you did but I'm having a hard time remembering your approach.

I'm just going to come out now since I don't really see the harm and I know I'm going to end up on people's scum list anyways. I have a bit of trouble when there are 19 people in the game to begin with. -_- I also have no idea about the Steven universe whatsoever so all of this flavor is alien to me.

But it seems like others do see the harm here. town!exodus just gave more information for mafia to choose a target. They'll probably go after a better PR and leave you to be lunched. As TheChuggernaut said we just came out from a game in which someone wasted a double vote and was town-read for that, so paranoia could lead to your lunch.

Mafia!exodus, on the other hand, could be looking for some town credibility with an unnecessary claim that could be read just as a bad town move. But that's a terrible idea just going by all the discussion it caused.

Unless this is just a fake claim for some reason. That's easy to disprove though, and you'll probably be asked to use your power in the next few days.

By the way flavor-speculation is weird, but with Monkey as the gamerunner... she'll probably throw a curveball since she knows that, though, as has been said.

superior light theme

This isn't bastard, no need to lie.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I'm just going to come out now since I don't really see the harm and I know I'm going to end up on people's scum list anyways. I have a bit of trouble when there are 19 people in the game to begin with. -_- I also have no idea about the Steven universe whatsoever so all of this flavor is alien to me.

I'm town aligned and have the power of double vote. I am a human/gem fusion of sorts. Won't go into more detail than that.

I really do not see your logic at all in claiming so early, especially since I'm the only one currently voting for you (and only until I find a better target/I get a town read from you) and the only other person that has said anything about you being suspicious is wee who admitted that it's based on meta.

Besides as others have said double vote is an NAI role so even if your role claim is true, it doesn't clear you as town automatically.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking over the game, I am suspicious of so many people here. There are quite a few people who have not contributed much, or in some cases, anything at all. I'm pretty okay with most flips at this point, although I would like to keep around nin and lokiduck right now. I'm not convinced that anyone is town, but they're both actively answering questions and working with us, and I would rather look at them closer in later days.

I think the flip I'm learning towards the most right now though is weemadarthur. A lot of their reasoning for both defending certain players as well as accusing others of being scum is based entirely off of meta reads or small nitpickings like Chuggernaut saying he's never been scum before. It all just feels so empty when I look back over it, like it has the semblance of trying to appear busy without actually having to stick to any of the arguments.

Vote: weemadarthur

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow I don't think I've ever seen a day 1 claim, That's pretty bold. Just thinking if Exodus is scum what's the play? Claiming doesn't deflect scrutiny it invites it and if scum Exodus claimed a role belonging to someone else than it gets worse for him. And with so little info to go on day 1 and everyone still very much alive that makes the chances of scum claiming an already assigned role that much higher.

I think considering that it's unlikely Exodus is scum, it's just too risky and foolish. Gonna lean town for now

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I don't think I've ever seen a day 1 claim, That's pretty bold. Just thinking if Exodus is scum what's the play? Claiming doesn't deflect scrutiny it invites it and if scum Exodus claimed a role belonging to someone else than it gets worse for him. And with so little info to go on day 1 and everyone still very much alive that makes the chances of scum claiming an already assigned role that much higher.

I think considering that it's unlikely Exodus is scum, it's just too risky and foolish. Gonna lean town for now

It's happened but it is largely NAI and kind of negates the usefulness of the role if Exodus is telling the truth. We'll just have to keep an eye on him like normal at this point, although it is worth noting that claim is not verified either. He chose to claim a doublevote instead of using it as a way to prove that he had it, so I'm unsure of what he's planning on using it for

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's happened but it is largely NAI and kind of negates the usefulness of the role if Exodus is telling the truth. We'll just have to keep an eye on him like normal at this point, although it is worth noting that claim is not verified either. He chose to claim a doublevote instead of using it as a way to prove that he had it, so I'm unsure of what he's planning on using it for

Agree I'm not ruling anything out at this point and I don't think it was a smart play regardless of what team he's on

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
The only reason I
Yeah, I'm not sure what his plan is exactly, but at this point the only reason I considering townleaning him is because of the flavor name because all the gem/human fusions we know of would most likely be town (though is there a possibility of one of them being neutral???), but even then he could be lying about that.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason I

Yeah, I'm not sure what his plan is exactly, but at this point the only reason I considering townleaning him is because of the flavor name because all the gem/human fusions we know of would most likely be town (though is there a possibility of one of them being neutral???), but even then he could be lying about that.
Wait, what was his fusion?

Oct 25, 2017
Actual read list time!

Sawneeks: I was kind of liking her post at the start, but I'm less sure about her at this point. Doubling down on the LP vote seemed weird to me and I'm not a huge fan of her just immediately town reading Exodus for his NAI claim at best. I've been kicking around a world where scum Neeks is trying to pocket a town Exodus there. I'm leaning scum on my former boat friend, and that bums me out.

Ketkat: Have really liked what I've seen from her so far. She seems to be scum hunting and I'm liking the questions she's asking. This can be faked especially this early in the game, but I have her as a town lean for now.

Zeke: I'm kind of just seeing what I can get from his interactions with others at this point. I've found myself nodding along to a few of his post, but again, dude can sneaky. Null for now.

Loki: My opinion hasn't really changed here. She feels like new town.

Stan: Hasn't done too much. Null for now.

LP: LP has been LPing it up. Null for now.

nin: I really haven't liked what I've seen of nin so far. I wanted to give him some time to see if he would come up with some reads since last time I read him and now, but there's still not much there other then who he would info flip. And even with that, I don't think info flipping Kong would tell us all that much. Lean scum.

Saenima: Some prodding questions here and there, but there's not much there otherwise. Would like to see more from him. Null.

Meatwad: Not a fan of him being all "Chugg's can be tricky as scum." for reasons I've explained. Not sure if that's lying scum or remembering wrong town. Very slight scum lean. Want to see more from him.

Z-Beat: Some prodding and poking here and there, and some discussion of game mechanics, but I'm getting slight townie feels here that I can't quite pinpoint. Slight town lean.

Exodus: I'm not a fan of this claim here. Especially the way he made it out to be like he was being scum read by a bunch of people which really wasn't true. There's really not too much here otherwise except him saying I'm more active here then I was during day 1 in our last game (Something I don't think is true, but eh.) I don't see me voting for him today, but I'm keeping an eye on him.

Neon: Seems to be a bit more bold then the other newbies, but I think he mentioned that this isn't the first time he's played mafia so that makes sense. If there is scum among the newbies, then I feel like it's most likely to be here, but I've liked his post so far. Lean town.

Wee: This is the only thing making me unsure of my Neeks read, because I'm not super thrilled with Wee's posts either. I have no idea where that LP defense is coming from at all. That exchange between them and Neeks soured me on both of them, to be honest.

Oreo: Not much there. Haven't played with him before either so I don't know what to think about that. Give me more, man. Null for now.

Devious: The same exact situation as Oreo. Want more from both of them.

Queen Kong: Seems like inexperienced town. Town for me.

B-Dubs: Not much here, but I've liked what he has to say about Exodus. Very tiny hint of a town lean. Want to hear his current thoughts.

Reki: Probably my strongest town lean so far. I played with town Reki last game and she doesn't feel any different as of now.

Anyway, this list is super duper subject to change. Activity being kind of low and day 1 being day 1 is having me struggle to get a grasp on the game. There's way too many nulls in my list right now and I'm not a fan of that. Leaning towards a Neeks or nin kill as of now, but if someone wants to make a persuasive argument for one of my nulls I would be glad to hear it.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say I really have a plan with my claim. I just don't see the value in hiding it.

Might as well prove it anyhow.

Double:nin

Not a serious vote. Going to hopefully do an actual thorough read tomorrow.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exodus I don't agree with the "no harm" thinking in regards to your possible power.

Wasn't there someone that said they were certain there was a double voter 🤔

Yep.

I do have a wild guess that we have a double voter and ventriloquist though

That claim is whatever. I don't see how it's good for Exodus if he's telling the truth nor do i see how it's good for town either. But i'm also a curmudgeon who doesn't like early claims out of the blue so heh

Saenima is different from normal, and normal for sae is town.

Lmao here we go again XD

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
LP i love ya but that wasn't a read. Saying 'Neeks could be town OR scum, idk yet' is something you can say for every single person in this game....it also doesn't say which way you feel.

Actually singling you out shows my thought process. It's the same thing as a vote: you can be unsure about things but a vote tells everyone else where your strongest read is. Like voting to prod one person out of 18.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
The whole situation with the role claim this early on is weird IMO. Here is how I see it:

If He is telling the truth and he is townie then revealing the double vote early on is actually counterproductive. Double-voting is an skill better reserved for the late game where the number of players is vastly reduced. Not only is claiming painting a target on his back, he could also reduce the options the scum has to choose in order to hit another valuable power role. If he did the claim in order to gain town trust then he just gave the scum a freebie IMO.

Now if he was mafia then the claim could make some sort of sense. He could be trying to claim a non vital power role in order to gain the trust of the townies in the game. Perhaps with the help of a role-cop in case we have townie roles capable of doing just that. However, by claiming day one he also puts himself at a disadvantage since anyone in future days could call his claim into question, thereby also painting a target in his back. I need to add here that if exodus were to be scum then I0d expect him no to do something as bold as role-claiming day 1 (Then again, I've seen some weird things happen, so idk).

Now then, onto the most interesting possibility: Exodus is an independent player. If he were neutral his playstyle would vary depending on his role, and based on his actions so far, he could be a jester looking to get lynched early. This could fit with the nature of his claim which can be easily proven wrong or right. If he is not telling the truth then he has already given the players plenty of ammo to use against him. Thus leading to an early elimination.

Now, we could prove this by tying votes with him in order to see that both his claims are true. If it is true, then more than likely he is town (and a risk taker) but if he is lying then my instinct is telling me that he is a jester and we should ignore him for the rest of the game.

[BTW Everyone, quick pause in the middle of my rant. I have a question. How does the outside communications work in these games. In the previous games Ive played elsewhere PM's were allowed as long as the game runner was also included in the conversations. Is this true here, or are only the mafia allowed to have their chatroom.]

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just went over about 4 pages of discussion. I've missed a good bit it seems :<

So, one thing I'd like to address is how I've found flavor discussion to be generally useless in Mafia. I'm not familiar with Steven Universe, but there's no guarantees that monkey would have made roles just like characters do in the show. Flavor discussion is fluffier to me than D1 shitposts.

That being said... exodus's claim is weird for Day 1. exodus , a few posts above you claim you see no value in hiding it. But why would that be? Doesn't that put a target on your back for a night kill? Someone who can put down two votes probably isn't someone I think scum would want to keep around in the late game, when votes can really matter.

I wouldn't pin you as a scum or neutral (unless you've got one of those neutral roles where you win if you get lynched), but... what you did can hurt Town

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Oh I just waw the vote tool (really nifty). I guess that confirms his claim (unless the game master is secretly running a bastard mafia and hasn't told us).