• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
And then we have Zeke who always seems to know how to frustrate me. My interactions with him so far remind the last game we played where he turned out to be town, but I'm really not working with much from him here and Zeke can be slippery as scum. (Exodus and Meatwad can back me up there)
Ive only had 1......maybe 2 interactions with you. How can you be frustrated 🤔

there is also the double talking you are doing. Zeke seems town, but can be slippery.

Oct 25, 2017
Ive only had 1......maybe 2 interactions with you. How can you be frustrated 🤔

there is also the double talking you are doing. Zeke seems town, but can be slippery.

Because you just give me one word answers instead of actually engaging with me.

We are less then 24 hours into the game. I do not have a solid read on you yet.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
nin seems like he's trying to scum hunt, and he seems like he has some sort of reads, but he's being coy about it and I don't really understand why he would be doing that. I want to hear more from him.

i mean, i did exactly what i said i was. Doing notes. At this stage my "reads" would look like yours.
Pretty thin.

I would love to talk to everyone though.
Conversation is the key to success.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
TheChuggernaut relax and try to take Zeke for what he is
a
61d%2B2uv6%2BfL._SY355_.jpg

Once you understand that, its easier to understand him.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
1. NEW - lokiduck [Ms. Bird] - PST - she/her made 36 posts
2. NEW - NeonBorealis [Neon] - CST - he/him 7 posts
3. EzekelRAGE - CST - he/him 11 posts
4 . Sawneeks - PST - she/her 20 posts
5. Stantastic - GMT+12 - he/him 22 posts
6. Lone_Prodigy - EST - he/him 2 posts LOL
7. TheChuggernaut - CST - he/him 24 posts
8. nin - GMT+1 - he/him made 34 bad posts
9. saenima - BST - they/them 18 posts
10. Meatwad - EST - he/him 5 posts
11. Z-Beat - PST - he/him 5 posts
12. exodus - EST - he/him 2 posts
13. KetKat - EST - she/her 9 posts
14. weemadarthur [wee] - CST - they/them 1 post
15. oreomunsta - MST - he/him 4 posts
16. Queen Kong - GMT+9 - she/her - NEW - mentored by cabot made 23 posts
17. WhySoDevious [WSD] - UTC-6 - he/him 5 posts
18. B-Dubs - EST - he/him 12 posts
19. Reki [Reki] - UTC-4 - they/them 10 posts

i would count the game as early game as of now. No need to worry since a lot of players still have to check in and get in touch with each others

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
30 hours to go everyone.
Dont let the silence consume our game.
Talk to me !

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Are the gems' roles secret? Can we speculate on what gem has which town role?
Is Peridot considered scum or town? (I find her more amusing when she was a villain.)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is Peridot considered scum or town? (I find her more amusing when she was a villain.)
I don't think that's wise, at least for potential town gems. Better to leave that vague to avoid any potential targets.

As for scum, if I had to guess, there's probably a strongwoman Jasper

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to figure out if this is "classic but rusty town Sawneeks" or "rusty so overcompensating scum Sawneeks".

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Wow. My post count is really that low huh. Guess I should step up my game.

Right now none of you read as scummy to me, granted, it is still the first day so more things will make sense in retrospect later on.

30 hours to go everyone.
Dont let the silence consume our game.
Talk to me !

Very well. Just for the sake of discussion: If I were scum, how would you know or how would you find me out?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Sure thing. I actually discovered mafia games back in 2011 in the Bulbagarden Forums. Back then the community there was super active and thus, the games moved at a quick pace. I Played many, won some and lost some. Sadly, real life and college meant that I couldn't play mafia games as often anymore so I kinda stopped playing. And whenever I tried to play again either I couldn't find my groove or the games were so slow that they were abandoned (The community and the forums themselves have really slowed down in the last couple of years).

I've been looking for forums with active mafia communities since then. ERA is the first one I've found where the community and myself are constantly active.

Wow that's a lot of years. Thank you for expanding on that.

Im reporting this for censorship

And of course the push notification has your normal avatar. No disrespect intended, but please don't quote me.

Queen Kong had a pretty rough series of posts there which doesn't look great, but I feel like a scum team would of told her that coming out the gate with a OMGUS vote is a really bad plan so I'm actually kind of leaning town there?

nin seems like he's trying to scum hunt, and he seems like he has some sort of reads, but he's being coy about it and I don't really understand why he would be doing that. I want to hear more from him.

Yeah she would've been warned about that, but it's a bit of a jump to lean town for it. That's the thought process that could make an OMGUS vote from a mafia newbie to look innocuous.

No idea about nin, I believe I haven't read him. How does he normally play?

And then we have Zeke who always seems to know how to frustrate me. My interactions with him so far remind the last game we played where he turned out to be town, but I'm really not working with much from him here and Zeke can be slippery as scum. (Exodus and Meatwad can back me up there)

First time playing with him but I believe this is normal behaviour for EzekelRAGE, so pretty much NAI.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes
Yes but flavor arguments are the worst sort and also if a player has a power role they should be trusted to use it wisely
I don't know what that means since i've never seen the show but i'd guess monkey likes to throw wrenches into your suppositions.
Everybody starts off on my scum list :|
Since you don't know how to pronounce your own name, can we just shorten it to enema?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Chuggs seems fine.
Exodus pings my scumdar.
Sneeks is scum.
Kong is trying to logic, which i like, but i disagree with both her bases and her conclusions.
Neon sounds fine but all the stuff posted is mechanical not this-game oriented.
Loki eh. Not that it matters. Noob pass.
LP doesn't seem scummy yet

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
: ( Jasper deserves better.
Another small note. Lol i made a funny.
Tiny text pisses off mobile users so it was banned a while back. [not that this post seemed game relevant, but ya know]
They let us embiggen our words as much as the site mods will tolerate, tho. I can't remember if text color is allowed or not but don't mess with the....site....mods.....oh.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't mess with Aeleus, he is nice.

This is also fine.

Unless you want to lunch Aeleus, then it's not fine.

*glares at weemad.

XD

But what about 'enemy'?

I like nicknaming ppl sae!

Has anyone made it to your own personal safe list today? Your not-voting-for list?

I would rather not be lunching any first timers on day 1 out of principle, so unless one of them comes out and declares he's scum they're safe from me today.

Actual reads though? Nah. Too early.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A couple of people said Saw looked scummy but she has no votes.

Put your votes where your mouth is i sayz.
You know my vote is always properly managed and at day's end is on the player I find scummiest.

Do you believe B-Dubs is being his town self so far? You've been in games with me and him. Tell me about your read of him, whatever your read's current state.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which I why I specified that I considered whether it might be a prod. Or perhaps joke, tho I didn't say that.
It doesn't look like one, I concluded.

It seems like a prod vote to try and get LP to post more since he's pretty well known to not be very active. So, a genuine concern but I doubt her vote would stay there the entire day phase. However, let's say she is 100% genuine and stands behind that vote, why does that make her scum in your eyes?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Which I why I specified that I considered whether it might be a prod. Or perhaps joke, tho I didn't say that.
It doesn't look like one, I concluded.

Let me rephrase it then.

How does this
Vote: lone_prodigy

Will we get something productive out of LP? Will he give us anything? Can he post more than 15 posts per phase?

Only time will tell

Gnight

Look serious enough to consider it "not believable from a town pov"?

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Queen Kong had a pretty rough series of posts there which doesn't look great, but I feel like a scum team would of told her that coming out the gate with a OMGUS vote is a really bad plan so I'm actually kind of leaning town there?

I have to agree here. I haven't always agreed with Queen Kong's arguments so far but to me she comes off as a new player just trying to figure out the game and not really scummy, though it is early game so I could be totally wrong.

Right now none of you read as scummy to me, granted, it is still the first day so more things will make sense in retrospect later on.

I feel exactly the same right now. XD I'm getting null reads from everyone so far, though I'm sure that will change as the day goes on.

Exodus pings my scumdar.

Can you please elaborate why you think so based on his one post? And can you please explain you reasoning for voting for b-dubs? I'm not judging you for either opinion, just would like to understand more.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw the vote tool is giving an incorrect number of player posts.

How will LP know if he reached the minimum threshold?