• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

The first of the final 10 episodes of the Cartoon Network original animated series will debut March 6 at 7 p.m., the cabler announced Thursday. The run will end March 27 with a four-part series finale.

variety.com

‘Steven Universe’ Sets Final 10 Episodes on Cartoon Network

The "Steven Universe" saga appears to be coming to a conclusion.

Bubble me if old.

Not ready for this! I wonder if the fathom event for the movie will show part 1 of the finale?

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So, I started SU for the first time in January as a sort of relent to curiosity.

I was not prepared for how much I would love it. I was not prepared for how much my SO would love it. We've watched the entirety of the show, including up to the latest episode of Future, and ultimately will only have had to wait a couple weeks between watching "the entire series" and "the finale of Future." That is a gift because I have consumed this show with the hunger and enthusiasm of an animal long-caged.

So excited to see it back from hiatus so soon.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised this is the end too. For the record the article clarifies this is the end of Steven Universe Future, though Rebecca Sugar hints she's not quite done exploring the world of Steven Universe quite yet.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Here we are in the future :)

I've only seen a few episodes and the movie and I love the feel good nature of the show and can't wait

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Huh. Honestly after it didn't end after the movie I figured Future would be just as long as Classic Steven Universe. That sucks

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
boooooooooooooooooooooooo

Like I know the show feels like it's pretty close to over but I hate how CN will just go completely dark on us for weeks/months and then be like SURPRISE THE SHOW'S OVER IN THREE WEEKS.

They've spent the show's entire run jerking the fanbase around and it's a testament to the quality of the writing and characters that we've all stuck around this long.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised it got that many episodes. Thought it was going to wrap up the series much faster.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
I have so many complicated feelings right now
I'M NOT READY FOR THE SHOW TO END it means so much to me

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
20 episodes huh? well while not ideal I'm glad we all got to go through this journey for as long as we did

looking forward to it and any other new adventures that come in the future

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It was kind of clear it was going to be finishing sooner rather than later with how quickly they blew threw the antagonists from the opening, but it's still sad to see it coming to a close.

But at the same time, that's kind of the theme of the series...

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I also look forward to Rebecca Sugar's future projects, and hopefully a long and successful career to everyone who contributed to this wonderful series.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Man, for a show that is so much about how people continually grow and change and evolve I honestly cant imagine how you would end it.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Oh cool, I'll give it a watch then. Thanks!
It's sort of a weird show to watch. It takes 8 episodes (IMO) to start to demonstrate why the show is so good. And like any show, it starts off kind of rough as the character's identities take shape. The good thing about it only being an 11 minute show though is that if there's an early episode you're not too into it's over before you know it.

But if you get into the show, you'll look back on those episodes more fondly.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If I love Gravity Falls, didn't like Adventure Time randomness, will I like Steven Universe ?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
If I love Gravity Falls, didn't like Adventure Time randomness, will I like Steven Universe ?
Yes, Steven Universe is a pretty internally consistent show. It's still a kid show so there's some wacky antics, but as long as you skip a certain crossover episode it's never that bad.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, Steven Universe is a pretty internally consistent show. It's still a kid show so there's some wacky antics, but as long as you skip a certain crossover episode it's never that bad.
If you like shows with good stories and song, yep! Steven's annoying for the first few episodes though, but he grows which is the whole point of the show.

Thanks guys, adding it to my list! I love starting something that is finished/soon finished

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Sad to see Future ending so soon, but I'm confident that Sugar and their team are ending the series on their own terms. It's been a fantastic ride.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
its-over-isnt-it.gif

I have this ready for march 27th ^^;

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I also look forward to Rebecca Sugar's future projects, and hopefully a long and successful career to everyone who contributed to this wonderful series.
Yes, yes, yes. I've been slowly savoring the Steven Universe: Art & Origins book since its release in 2017 and I'm finally coming to the end of it as the epilogue series closes... I just want to follow everything Rebecca Sugar and Ian Jones-Quartey do. And as Sugar came from Adventure Time to running SU, I can't wait to see what artists who got their start with SU have the opportunity to do.