• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, if the creatives want to do more, and people want more (and they clearly do), why not? I'd rather it continue because creatives want to than it being forced and without effort.

The franchise can continue for those who want it. And those who think it ended fine, it's ok to step off here and say "ok, this isn't for me".

It's ok not to watch everything in a series and move on to new things.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I think Steven's story ended in an appropriate way. But I think it would be cool to see an anthology series like the Adventure Time HBO Max specials focusing on a different character each episode. It would be cool to break away from the "Steven's POV" model of the rest of the franchise.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Listen I would totally watch a series focused on Lapis and Peridot

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
If the creator wants to do more then do it otherwise leave it be.

I totally trust the writers behind it if they say they want to do more, in the meantime can we please get a final season of infinity train how do you leave it where it ended?!??

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
We don't need a sequel, but I wouldn't mind if they found something new to do with the characters. Basically the same way I feel about Gravity Falls.

Also the same way I felt about the Toy Story 4 announcement, and that was a sequel we didn't need, but I was ultimately glad we got.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
I would be perfectly ok with there being one more sequel season for one reason and one reason only -
The Steven Universe End of an Era art book, released after the entire show was done, still had redacted lore regarding why the Diamond homeworld looks the way it does. Why after everything else, are they still keeping that a secret??? I need to know.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I would be perfectly ok with there being one more sequel season for one reason and one reason only -
The Steven Universe End of an Era art book, released after the entire show was done, still had redacted lore regarding why the Diamond homeworld looks the way it does. Why after everything else, are they still keeping that a secret??? I need to know.
That's one hell of a tease lol

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
original.gif

pirata

Oct 25, 2017

Era One special/comic?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, FINE, I'll start using TikTok.

Great to see that they're doing well and also that they've been working on something.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, hey there!

...Still not getting TikTok, but if people could just report on what Rebecca posts, that would be cool...

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yes Rebecca we still talk about Steven Universe, I even just told my friend who came out as trans they need to watch.

Glad Rebecca is feeling creative and happy!

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda hoping Rebecca announces a new original project.

I mean, I'll absolutely take a new Steven Universe project, but I feel that Steven's story is over. If they bring SU back, it needs to have an interesting hook (IMO).

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
i actually just recently watched a couple videos about steven universe(they were 'take downs' of the biggest SU 'take down' videos and oh boy am i glad i never watched those because they are bad... i.e. racist amoung other things), so im primed for some new stuff from Rebecca.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I was just wondering what Rebecca was up to, having seen that there's new Adventure Time (but she isn't associated with it). I will absolutely watch whatever comes next, but agree that I'd most like to see a new concept, much as I love my boy Steven.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I was just wondering what Rebecca was up to, having seen that there's new Adventure Time (but she isn't associated with it). I will absolutely watch whatever comes next, but agree that I'd most like to see a new concept, much as I love my boy Steven.
they did write some songs for it, heck they sing one in the second episode

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested moreso in post-mortem thoughts than anything new, at least SU related. New original works I'm definitely keen on hearing about.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be there for basically anything Rebecca does tbh

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad they're doing well tbh - coming out as bi and non-binary while you're making one of the queer cartoons of the past decade is...well, I certainly couldn't do it. Especially with people being weird online, how hard the show pushed to have things be as queer as possible despite corporate resistance, and then the sheer amount of work that was clearly involved generally.

A three year social media break was totally justified. I might have made it five! Lol

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh, this is a pleasant surprise. I hope they're doing well and are living the best life one can strive for. :3

I'm just glad they're doing well tbh - coming out as bi and non-binary while you're making one of the queer cartoons of the past decade is...well, I certainly couldn't do it. Especially with people being weird online, how hard the show pushed to have things be as queer as possible despite corporate resistance, and then the sheer amount of work that was clearly involved generally.

A three year social media break was totally justified. I might have made it five! Lol

I always felt that for a show like Steven Universe (along with its film and epilogue series), it would've been a big ball of stress to manage as a show runner, especially when there was a possibility that it would've gotten canned after how hard Rebecca was pushing for this series to feature heavy themes on LGBTQ+ representation for children, multi-generational PTSD, overarching themes on family, platonic and romantic relationships, & even brining up the topic of sexuality.

Really, they deserve to take some time off after juggling all that & a bag of crisps, but I am interested to see what new project they're developing. Should be pretty neat.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i actually just recently watched a couple videos about steven universe(they were 'take downs' of the biggest SU 'take down' videos and oh boy am i glad i never watched those because they are bad... i.e. racist amoung other things), so im primed for some new stuff from Rebecca.

Could a drop a link to these videos? I want to see them.

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
Could a drop a link to these videos? I want to see them.
its pretty much just a couple big react videos(by a guy who only watch SU recently, because he was put off thanks to videos like these)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eRW931Qo98

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBCzKmA4MEA
wild thing is, as racist the two in the first video are(among other things), the creator of the video in the second one(who came at it from a more 'left' perspective) might be the worst. doesn't come up at all in the video, but i checked the comments and apparently lily has done some fucked up shit.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, so I thought people here might find this to be of interest. Rebecca Sugar is doing a fundraiser through the Trevor Project:

Fundraise for Trevor

It's associated with a concert on Sept 17 that is going to have an announcement of some sort at the end of it, too.

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
www.youtube.com

Rebecca Sugar - Spiral Bound

Inspired by three years of daily journaling and sketching in spiral bound notebooks, my first personal album “Spiral Bound” chronicles the gentle and arduous...
They're putting out an album of new original songs.
"Spiral Bound" chronicles the gentle and arduous process of healing from extreme burnout and unresolved trauma. Coming this November.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Fyi, Spiral Bound is now out on the various music streaming platforms.

I think I Didn't Mean To is my personal favourite of the bunch? It's probably the one that hits the emotional beats I most enjoy about Rebecca's work - complex emotions in the form of a song.