• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Does Mockingbird count since she got some of the SSS to heal from an injury?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Equivalent to a Super Soldier though? With diet and exercise only? Nah. Even with comicbook science.
To be fair Captain America powers is supposed to be peak human
That's bullshit though obviously not only does the serum slow his aging and is a handwave why he didn't froze to death because the serum kept him alive
he does stuff that's straight up superhuman like he can dodge bullets by "seeing faster"
With enough diet and exercise you too can break science

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Question Slayven , the OP is pinned to the second page as well. Is that a mod only power lol.

That's bullshit though obviously not only does the serum slow his aging and is a handwave why he didn't froze to death because the serum kept him alive
he does stuff that's straight up superhuman like he can dodge bullets by "seeing faster"

You're right. I'm thinking about power creep.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
It shouldn't really shock anyone if the series follows the comics here, it's definitely gonna dig into the history of the SSS and the Weapon Plus Program, just the natural next step in the MCU Captain America story

we already know Isaiah Bradley is in F&WS

The best kind of spoiler. My interest in this show just kicked into overdrive.

they're really going hard setting up the groundwork for Young Avengers. This queer comic fan could not be more excited.

Corrupt

Oct 31, 2017
Does Kingpin have some sort of form of this? Dude just seems to be able to hold his own against Spiderman for no reason other than being big?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
In the MCU, Winter Soldier has some knock off SSS and Hulk's powers are from an attempt to replicate the SSS.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Does Kingpin have some sort of form of this? Dude just seems to be able to hold his own against Spiderman for no reason other than being big?
That's it
He can fight Spider-Man because he's big

They later changed it to Spider-Man just holding back against a normal dude and kingpin just thinking he's strong and when he pissed of Peter he got his shit rocked

In the 90s animated, Into The Spider-verse and the ps4 video game and whatever it's because he's big

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
That's it
He can fight Spider-Man because he's big

They later changed it to Spider-Man just holding back against a normal dude and kingpin just thinking he's strong and when he pissed of Peter he got his shit rocked

In the 90s animated, Into The Spider-verse and the ps4 video game and whatever it's because he's big
Ah the holding back trope lol.

Superman, Batman, so many superheroes had used that trope, multiple times too.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not canon to the comics obviously, but the weirdest one to me was in Spider-Man: The Animated Series (from the 90s), in which they gave the serum to Black Cat as part of her origin.

Oct 25, 2017
Getting powers from a blood transfusion is probably my favorite origin story.

Is Patriot still around somewhere? Last I can remember was the creepy ghost version from Gillen/McKelvie Young Avengers and that was a long time ago now.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Poor MVP. And it turns out you could replicate all of that hard work with simple cloning!

What about all other Caps that came after Steve got frozen? Didn't any of them have SSS? Like bum variants. Also while they wouldn't really have super soldier serum, all the Weapon X test subjects are results of trying to replicate super soldiers base on Cap (Remember kids, the X stands for 10, not the letter to be arbitrarily cool. Cap was retconned into being Weapon I and there were multiple failed attempts after him labled II through X, and then it kept going after that)

Yeah if you rope in the new expanded Weapon Plus lore there's a lot of wild "super soldier" attempts outside of the serum.

Buscmkr.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Correction that was true till the 70's, when Viper(the original male one) shot him up with lethal herbs that interacted with the SSS and gave him true super strength and some of the other enhancements. Don't know if they ever clarified the herb, but I've recently come to think it may have been Wakanda's black Panther heart herb

It's why the other versions using the original recipe never quite matched modern Cap

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Correction that was true till the 70's, when Viper(the original male one) shot him up with lethal herbs that interacted with the SSS and gave him true super strength and some of the other enhancements. Don't know if they ever clarified the herb, but I've recently come to think it may have been Wakanda's black Panther heart herb

It's why the other versions using the original recipe never quite matched modern Cap

I've always liked the idea that the heart shaped herb pops up more than its let on. Like it'd be interesting if it turned out that Kraven the Hunter's super strength/age sustaining potion actually had that as a part of it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I've always liked the idea that the heart shaped herb pops up more than its let on. Like it'd be interesting if it turned out that Kraven the Hunter's super strength/age sustaining potion actually had that as a part of it.
Thatd be a fun retcon series, the unknown users of the herb. Panther finds a random supervillain screwed up by it and becomes suspicious if a variant of it made its way out of Wakanda and discovers several heroes and villains who were amped by it

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Normal people can do that with training in Marvel.

Hell, Heather Douglas is a baseline flatscan human and one of the most powerful telepaths in the MCU with feats under her belt that even outshine Prof X. She got there through training.

Peak Human in Marvel > Peak Human in reality.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
I had no idea black widow had a SSS variant in her.

Wow makes me wonder ifnthey address that in her movie because age of ultron teased at it.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course they tested this shit on black people...

Did they succeed at one point? After so many tries they should've a working formula and the ability to create thousands of SS.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Bucky/Winter Soldier

Emil Blonskly/Abomination

Red Skull

They all took a form of the Super Soldier formula, at least in the MCU