• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Did a replay of Code Veronica on the PS5 and I'll say I think it's aged really well in the gameplay department (it's classic Resident Evil on steroids). Except one thing. The story. It's...pretty weird. And it's worst aspect?

Stevie. Ugh.

He's super annoying (FATHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

He's very creepy (Reminds me of an incel).

HeavyBrownAbalone-small.gif

He's palette swapped Leon

ScholarlyClearcutFalcon-small.gif

His voice. Oh god his voice.

What was Capcom thinking? He makes the singing Leech Monster seem reasonable in comparison.

Who should have been Claire's companion throughout the game.

tumblr_o51d2aedHS1syevgoo1_1280.jpg

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
100% agree.

I hope a Code Veronica remake is coming.
So that they at least try to fix the character.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Irving in 5 is almost as bad

And the main bad guy in Lost Planet is even worse, I forget his name

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
He's not THAT bad. He just has bad voice acting.

Also it's unfair to use the cavia shooter games since they ruined every character

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
He's up there in respect to crappy Capcom characters at least, and part of why CODE: Veronica sucks (couldn't disagree more on its gameplay aging well at all).

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, he is terrible. Yet Code Veronica is still the best Resident Evil.
not even in the top 5 behind 1/REmake, 2/RE2make, 3/RE3make, 4, 7, and Rev 2. So not even the Top 6 but 5 is more rounded

Steve is ass and the entire game has this gross muted filter

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
He's not great, but there are far worse RE characters.

Jessica from Revelations 1, Sergei Vladimir from Umbrella Chronicles, any one of the scumbag dipshits you play as in ORC. Even Alfred from CV is way worse than Steve.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard agree. Terrible game and terrible partner, which means a lot when RE0 exists.
Yeah. Even Resident Evil 6, at least RE6 had a great Mercenaries mode.

Resident Evil : Code Veronica is just garbage. I don't even see the point of remaking such a bad game, and apparently Capcom too, since they're working on RE4 Remake.

Oct 28, 2017
I started playing Code Veronica, met this guy, and quit after two cutscenes. Seriously one of the most unbearable characters I've ever seen in anything.

Oct 26, 2017
I adore Code: VERONICA. I hate Steve.

Hating Steve is part of me loving Code: VERONICA.

It still creases me that Capcom make reference to Steve's body being recovered by Wesker, and Wesker mentions that it's within his power to being Steve back... and just doesn't. Ever.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I adore Code: VERONICA. I hate Steve.

Hating Steve is part of me loving Code: VERONICA.

It still creases me that Capcom make reference to Steve's body being recovered by Wesker, and Wesker mentions that it's within his power to being Steve back... and just doesn't. Ever.

Wesker: Yes... we can bring him back.
Excella: Y tho? I heard he was kinda annoying.
Wesker. Point. Well, stick him in the back of the freezer next to the steakums.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Real talk - if Claire had just taken him out in their first shared cutscene, a lot of that game would have been more simple and less dangerous. Also, what's the deal with the turret he uses in that cutscene. Why doesn't Claire use it to clear out the courtyard of zombies? Nothing in this game makes any sense!

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I just let the cringe hit me full force. I love it.

I started playing Code Veronica, met this guy, and quit after two cutscenes. Seriously one of the most unbearable characters I've ever seen in anything.
You ain't seen nothin yet

maxresdefault.jpg

The real code veronica starts here.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Steve is such a trash character. Him alone makes me want to never replay the game.

Hopefully a remake of CV comes one day. It is the game that desperately needs a remake. It has a lot of cool ideas but many of then either aged badly or straight up needs overhauling.

Also people who compare him to Billy make me weirded out. Billy was a very cool character.
People always shitting on CV.

Let me remind all of you that CV is considered to be part of the Top 10 RE games.

screenrant.com

Every Main Resident Evil Game Ranked From Worst To Best (According To Metacritic)

The Resident Evil franchise is responsible for helping shape survival-horror but which game of the bunch is the best according to Metacritic?
lol wut

Is this list a joke?

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Steve is awful and he really is like a shitty recreation of Leons design.

I hope CV gets a remake. They can fix how terrible he is and we get to experience one of the best RE games again. 😌

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Steve is such a trash character. Him alone makes me want to never replay the game.

Hopefully a remake of CV comes one day. It is the game that desperately needs a remake. It has a lot of cool ideas but many of then either aged badly or straight up needs overhauling.

Also people who compare him to Billy make me weirded out. Billy was a very cool character.

lol wut

Is this list a joke?

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I will never forget the time I spent playing the GC re-release as a huge Resident Evil fan and finally getting to experience this cult classic. I was shook. What a jarringly awful game.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Steve is terrible. Code Veronica kind of sucks because of it. I would put it in the lower ranks of RE games but it's better than RE6.