• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
There's not much English media yet or even information about the project since it came from a livestream but a new Steins; game was announced, with the second word in the title not being revealed at this time. It'll be related to Steins;Gate in the same way as Chaos;Child and Chaos;Head, so sort of a thematic sequel.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Bit of a bummer. Steins;Gate is great, but it's not the most interesting Mages property to elaborate on.

EDIT: Anonymous;Code is now Fall 2021... It was announced as a 2016 release at one point lol.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It'll be cool to see what the future in the Steins;Gate timeline looks like. I'm looking forward to it, whenever it comes out.

EDIT: I just remembered Robotics;Notes was a thing lmao

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be honest, after S;G 0 I am not thrilled at the prospect of another game in the S;G universe. They should have left it at S;G as far as I am concerned.

Now if it only has loose connections to the original and its cast this could work I suppose.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Also, here's someone who pops up during the new Anonymous;Code trailer:

Cs752He.png

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I was today years old when I found out Era doesn't like Steins;Gate 0. I enjoyed it for what it was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
arent all the science adventure games apart from steins gate kinda iffy?
I guess it makes sense to keep coming back to your main draw but what can you even do with steins:gate and its characters at this point.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
As long as
this is the timeline when Kurisu is alive, I don't mind. I just need more kurisu.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
It is, Chiyo mentioned it on the stream
most likely the timeline where Okabe doesn't erase her

But I thought that
only one timeline could be active each time. Or did they end up continuing the Amadeus project in the Steins;Gate timeline?

If it really is a Steins;Gate sequel, I hope it has an entirely different cast.

I think that the story had a great closure, with the movie, ending up Okabe shenanigans and letting everyone finally live peacefully without any more time travel stuff.

Also, the anime did a really amazing job showing and transmiting Okabes despair with all the choices and sacrifices he made, and honestly I don't want to see any more of that.

As long as
this is the timeline when Kurisu is alive, I don't mind. I just need more kurisu.

Both Kurisu AND Mayuri please :P

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Also, having LOVED Steins;Gate and considering it one of my Top 10 anime ever, I know it is part of a series of Scifi stuff right?

Should I investigate the rest? Are there only games or also anime?

Maybe easier, is there an OT with all this info lol?

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
But I thought that
only one timeline could be active each time. Or did they end up continuing the Amadeus project in the Steins;Gate timeline?

If it really is a Steins;Gate sequel, I hope it has an entirely different cast.
iirc
A;C is supposed to be some kind of world simulation, in fact people were trying to pin megalomaniac powers as bug in the system, and Okabe time travelling as exploiting saves/loads, but this is all of course speculation not a fact

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna keep my hype levels in check, SG is one of my favorite franchises.
SG0 is great btw, love it.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Hmm, I'll keep an eye on whatever this is, but I don't know if I want them to expand this universe. Steins;Gate itself was fantastic, but 0 felt just tacked on and pointless, so I don't expect another sequel to feel like it needs to exist either.

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
S;G 0 VN was terrible (IMO of course) despite pretty good start. So in theory it'd be very easy to top that at least.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I'll keep an eye on whatever this is, but I don't know if I want them to expand this universe. Steins;Gate itself was fantastic, but 0 felt just tacked on and pointless, so I don't expect another sequel to feel like it needs to exist either.

I don't really feel like 0 was tacked on and pointless. It filled in the gaps between Steins;Gate and the True ending.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Gonna keep my hype levels in check, SG is one of my favorite franchises.
SG0 is great btw, love it.
S;G 0 VN was terrible (IMO of course) despite pretty good start. So in theory it'd be very easy to top that at least.
I don't really feel like 0 was tacked on and pointless. It filled in the gaps between Steins;Gate and the True ending.

Add another vote to Steins;Gate 0 being great.

Although the
constant despair was really palpable, overall it was a great way to show what happened in the Beta timeline in order to Okabe realize how he could reach Steins Gate.

There was some stuff that I didn't enjoy as much, such as future Lukako being all Raiden, that went too much on the action-y type for my taste (in this franchise) but the character developments, the overall plot, all the twists, the first time Okabe Reading Steiner triggers out of nowhere were all really good.

Also, everyone should see the movie. It closes the story in a great way, imo.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Man SG0 gets a lot of hate around here. I loved it. Like it more than the original even. Steins Gate 0 ended perfectly I'm not sure where they could go from there.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I liked 0, not as good as the original (I agree with the low lows and the high highs), but it's good!

lemonade

May 8, 2018
The highs in zero are even better than og in my opinion.

Also Fatima is the best OP of all steins gate games/anime.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Amazing! I am so hyped by the announcement of a new Steins; game, even though we probably won't see it before 2022/2023.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
arent all the science adventure games apart from steins gate kinda iffy?
I guess it makes sense to keep coming back to your main draw but what can you even do with steins:gate and its characters at this point.

No, apart from Chaos;Head there are no bad Science Adventure games (discounting spinoffs)

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Chaos;Head is pretty good, certainly better than Steins;Gate 0 (obviously IMO). At least for the most part. Supposedly, Chaos;Head Noah is even better. Waiting eagerly for the fan translation of that.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
No, apart from Chaos;Head there are no bad Science Adventure games (discounting spinoffs)

Fair enough.
The only other experience i have with them is the robotic notes anime (which was pretty dull imo im sure the VN is better)
And Occult nine which i dropped after like 10 minutes because the main female character has one of the worst designs ever, though it be a spinoff i dont know

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly loved SG0, maybe as much or more than the original? In any case more Steins;whatever sounds great

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I just watched Steins; Gate a few weeks ago and it has become one of the few pieces of media that I consider to be Perfect. The others being Shawshank Redemption, Mass Effect 2 and Dracula (Original book)
With this announcement I don't know if it is perfect timing or not, I guess we'll see, but I don't know if you can make that much with SG characters, watched the first episodes of SG0 and it already felt like stretching it a bit too long. The OVA with
Kurisu and Okabe in the USA felt like the perfect happy ending