• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
dasjd;alskjd;laskjd;aslkjd;klas

NEW STEAMWORLD DIG AND IS A CARD BASED RPG!!!??!/?

T2EtOxe.gif

and is coming THIS YEAR!!!!!

T2EtOxe.gif
Lol

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Steamworld Heist is one of the best games ever.

The final fight (with a certain "Mad Dog" on my team ) was top 10 greatest moments in my video game life.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
The Steamworld games are all extremely high quality and have a Nintendo level of polish.

Very excited for this.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
More interested in this than the main games.
Looking pretty good.

As mentioned, their games generally come to EVERYTHING eventually. It's great they get to thrive some on Switch, before making ports to much more crowded marketplaces, y'know? A great way to get some money flowing their way, while working on ports that'll probably garner less attention and overall returns. With a little bit of patience, everyone, the players and devs all get to win.

If only people were this patient when games hit other platforms first and later the switch but oh well

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
I love the Steamworld games and I've been interested in card games like Slay the Spire. Pumped for this.

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
Well there we go my most anticipated game of 2019 just changed to this masterpiece. SteamWorld games thus far were just amazing, don't think this one is going to be an exception.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
If only people were this patient when games hit other platforms first and later the switch but oh well
I don't understand why people on enthusiast sites like this aren't more patient and understanding, really. Ports seem more common now than ever, and releasing a game late to a new audience (the Ninties Direct had a new port of Goat Sim for cryin' out loud) seems to have many modern developers able to make new money off old games for much longer, now.

Even NISA is dabbling in XB1 releases. Japanese games there where single-console locked are coming to more, and also PC too. We can even get the occasional cross-play between different consoles as an option. It all seems worlds better, than even the PS3 days.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not what I expected at all! But I'm in day one. Loved every SteamWorld game I've played. I'm not a big card game player, but the developer has earned my trust.

I still hope we get a new Heist game

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
TIL there is a SteamWorld Tower Defense for DSi. Thought Dig was the first.

Is that downloadable through 3DS or ported to other systems? Got to play that.
You can still download it from the 3DS eShop. I don't think it was ported to other systems. It's a really simple game, even compared to the first Dig, but it's a neat, inexpensive TD game with a cool OST. I haven't played it in almost a decade, but I had a great time with it back then.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Good announcement for people who like this, but not for me. Not a big fan of card based games

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Love the fantasy setting and the card based combat. If the reviews are good, which i don't doubt they will be, then this game will be mine.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Card games is so not my thing but I've loved every Steamworld game yet so I might still give it a try if it reviews well.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Steam Heist showed that I&F are great at turn based strategy games, and the polish of their games are insane. Like the new art style. Seems like a new fantastic game.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love me some Steamworld but the card game thing isn't really my schtick. Sounds like it has a lot of people tickled pink though, so I look forward to seeing what happens with it!

Edit: I take it back that looks super dope, they have me.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
Was very happy to see this! Thoroughly enjoyed Dig 2, and even though I didn't finish it, enjoyed what I played of Heist (need to revisit that at some point). This looks like it'll be another winner.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I was never really into turn based strategy games until Steamworld Heist.

I'm not into card-based games, but Steamworld Quest will probably change that too!

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
As someone who has been obsessed with Slay the Spire i cannot fucking wait. Card mechanics make everything better.

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
Looks good but mildly disappointing from my perspective as card based games do nothing for me

Willing to give it a shot if it reviews well

I don't know that I've played many card based games. I'm generally not a big fan of RPGs. But Thousand Year Door was okay, I enjoyed that. I think I&F can transcend their genre and I will take all their releases seriously. To be fair, I haven't played many RPGs, but I expect I&F will refine things in this as they always do.

To bad I don't own a Switch. Better be ports down the road

Dig 2 was a Switch exclusive for only a few days at most before it came out on other systems. I think they had it the next day, in fact.