• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This was just announced during the Nintendo Indie Highlights video.

SteamWorld Quest is the roleplaying card game you've been waiting for! Lead a party of aspiring heroes through a beautifully hand-drawn world and intense battles using only your wits and a handful of cards. Take on whatever threat comes your way by crafting your own deck choosing from over 100 unique punch-cards!

What awaits you is a luscious treasure chest filled with gold, dragons, vivid worlds, magic, knights in shining armor as well as XP, turn-based battles and all that good RPG stuff! The game's humorous mix of traditional fantasy and steampunk robots makes for an unforgettable experience with lots of laughs.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
More SteamWorld is always good. Loved all games so far and this is looking gorgeous.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Gorgeous!

Card game... hate to say this, but... perfect for you know who.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Looks good but mildly disappointing from my perspective as card based games do nothing for me

Willing to give it a shot if it reviews well

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Holy sh*t this game is for me, I've waited so long for a card-based RPG game after Lost Kingdoms and Baten Kaitos.
Gimme *-*

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Nice. Just yesterday i wondered why there were few card-based RPGs in these days. I miss them.

randomhugs

Oct 25, 2017
Instant buy for me. I yet to play a Steamworld game I haven't absolutely enjoyed. The exception being Steamworld Tower Defense on DSi. I've never played it.

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
Looking good.
Deck-building RPGs like Baten Kaitos are my jam.

Hope for another hit from Image & Form.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the only premier i had eyes for with this indie vid

gimme gimme

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love Steamworld games, got every single one that came out on Vita so far. I suppose this one might skip the 'ol reliable, but I intend to check it out once it hits PS4 or PC.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Pretty impressive, it's great to see the variety of genres and ways they flesh out this universe. The music, design of some of the swords and old ruins of previous battles actually reminds me a bit of Guardian Heroes, which is definitely something I didn't expect to see here! The card builder aspect is a nice wrinkle too. All together, it's a refreshing take that'll probably pull me in even more than their previous efforts.

As mentioned, their games generally come to EVERYTHING eventually. It's great they get to thrive some on Switch, before making ports to much more crowded marketplaces, y'know? A great way to get some money flowing their way, while working on ports that'll probably garner less attention and overall returns. With a little bit of patience, everyone, the players and devs all get to win.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
dasjd;alskjd;laskjd;aslkjd;klas

NEW STEAMWORLD DIG AND IS A CARD BASED RPG!!!??!/?

T2EtOxe.gif

and is coming THIS YEAR!!!!!

T2EtOxe.gif