• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to Chapter 18:

Hooly Dooly Gilgamech is hard.

I lost the first two times I attempted him but I've tweaked my deck again to include more healing (before I had almost none) I'm actually really happy with it but also looking for anything else

Level 43
Copernica:
1x Doubt*
1x Glass Cannon*
1x Arcane Detective*
2x Electrolyze*
3x Kilovolt*
Chain: Barrier Field

Level 43
Orik:
2x Bushido*
2x Iai Cut*
1x Cyclone Slash
1x Fortune's Favor
1x Fascination
1x Open Wound
Chain: Haste
Also equipped with Pandora's Box for random status ailments

Level 43
Galleo:
3x Water Bullet*
2x Mend
1x Unshrouded Light
1x Overcharge
1x Power Play
Chain: Guardian

* = Non-skill
All cards are upgraded to Max.

Strategy is for Copernica to just unload steam pressure as much as possible while also dealing fairly good damage (kilovolt + cannon + bushido usually gets between 700-2.5K. Glass Cannon and Doubt work together beautifully, and since she has no skill cards Doubt has no drawbacks and simply makes you absorb all Fire/Storm/Ice damage, plus being afflicted with a status ailment comes in handy with Galleo's Unshrouded Light. While it leaves her extra vulnerable to physical and Arcane damage, it's not a total deal breaker as long as Galleo does his job.

Speaking of Galleo, I used to have him as more of offensive support with Poison/Blindside but I quickly discovered I needed the healing more often. Overcharge is great for both emergencies and when you're fully decked with steam pressure (which this deck has no shortage of) and Power Play is just nice to have for such a low cost, plus I haven't been able to find anything better to include. Unshrouded Light is so damn good, I think the description doesn't do it justice. It does 80% damage per status removed, PER HIT. If you heal 5 status effects, you're doing 400% Str damage 5 times. I've had this attack do well over 15K damage all up on certain enemies that go nuts with status effects. Again, Doubt comes in handy here, and surprisingly Moon Juice can be great as well, using it on the other two party members and ending the turn with the attack, I can get 3x 240% strength, not to mention any status' given from enemies.

Copernica is Damage/SP, Galleo is mostly support, Orik is somewhere in the middle. Fascination and Fortune's Favour are nice to have and not horribly expensive considering how much steam pressure this deck produces. Bushido is great for Copernica/Orik's damage output, 75% critical is nothing to sneeze at. Cyclone Slash is so powerful provided the enemy doesn't resist Storm damage, it can easily do 40%STR+x22, plus critical hits, plus pandora's box giving a 12% chance of status effect on every single hit is a thing of beauty. Cyclone Slash has been my main damage dealer pretty much since I got the card, it's too good, and is perfectly usable at lower SP as well.

My main issue with Gilgamech was that he would outright kill Copernica with Bane Blade so I've given her a HP accessory to give her a bump, plus completely re-decked Galleo and Orik to have more healing cards available. I've also considered replacing Glass Cannon with Focus just to make the physical attacks less imposing but the drop in damage is very noticeable.

I used to have Fixer on Galleo which is amazing for short fights but a wasted slot on a boss. Also used to give Orik the Demon mask for the extra crit, plus the attack itself would usually land a solid 2K on its own but I've gone for more healing instead since this fight definitely seems more on the attrition side of things.

Just about to beat the shadow-teams again and go for it. If anyone has suggestions let me know though, I feel like there's maybe too much healing now? Or I could be more efficient in how I do it. I haven't explored too many other cards.

I'm excited to play this game again on a higher difficulty with different characters, there's a bunch of strategies I want to try.

Does this game have NG+?

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Man the hidden areas are so BS. I've had to look them up in a guide twice now.
I thought that at first but mid act 2 I started to learn how to look for things. Due to the art style there's only so many tricks they can use to hide things and you start to notice when you see those potential things around.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Once you get to the college, beware of 1-way teleporters. They can act as points of no return, and there's one at the beginning of chapter 9 (which was way longer than any previous chapter), and I missed a chest there since my completion is at 89%.

That kind of stuff plus having to replay entire chapters if you want to collect a chest you missed is my one major gripe I have with the game. It doesn't help that when replaying chapters skipping dialouge/cutscenes is slow and you still have to fight bosses. Preferably the chest percentage would just be there on the map screen as you go, and there wouldn't be points of no return.

Otherwise though I'm really enjoying it and finding it very well designed.
I missed that one too. I just collected it and quit out of the Chapter though. It saved it.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Finished. Took about 10 hours on normal difficulty to finish maim game and all the arena fights. It was pretty fun.. I hope it sells enough to warrant a sequel thats longer and more complex. Story was trash tier but some funny one liners here and there. Solid 8/10 for me.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Once you get to the college, beware of 1-way teleporters. They can act as points of no return, and there's one at the beginning of chapter 9 (which was way longer than any previous chapter), and I missed a chest there since my completion is at 89%.

That kind of stuff plus having to replay entire chapters if you want to collect a chest you missed is my one major gripe I have with the game. It doesn't help that when replaying chapters skipping dialouge/cutscenes is slow and you still have to fight bosses. Preferably the chest percentage would just be there on the map screen as you go, and there wouldn't be points of no return.

Otherwise though I'm really enjoying it and finding it very well designed.
That's a bummer to hear. I kind of hate points of no return if it's not obvious what you have missed. I don't even really like final boss points of no return, if the game doesn't allow you to wander around and pick things up post-game.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Question: what is beast number 59 in the Bestiary? Already finished the game (only need to beat the Midas Cup) but he's missing.

EDIT: Of course, he's IN the Midas Cup. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished. Took about 10 hours on normal difficulty to finish maim game and all the arena fights. It was pretty fun.. I hope it sells enough to warrant a sequel thats longer and more complex. Story was trash tier but some funny one liners here and there. Solid 8/10 for me.
10 hours! Man that's a speed run. I'm at 8 hours on legend difficulty and only on chapter 5.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I 100% all the maps except one iirc didnt feel like I was speeding. I guess difficulty adds loads of time.
I guess so. I just finished Act 2 and I'm about 15 hours in. Playing on Hard. I like to experiment with different decks and loadouts though, so I may spend more time messing about. I took out the Act 2 boss with Orik as my primary healer, for example.

Is there a New Game plus? I'd like to start the game fresh with all the cards and characters unlocked

imageform

Image & Form Games
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
I guess so. I just finished Act 2 and I'm about 15 hours in. Playing on Hard. I like to experiment with different decks and loadouts though, so I may spend more time messing about. I took out the Act 2 boss with Orik as my primary healer, for example.

Is there a New Game plus? I'd like to start the game fresh with all the cards and characters unlocked
Hi, quite a few players have asked us about NG+. We just had a meeting about that today and hopefully we can add that in the not-too-distant future along with some other really nifty stuff. /Brjann, Image & Form

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Wooo! Just finished last night and news of a NG+ is awesome.

I think my favourite thing about the game was how each character felt like it's own Magic: The Gathering colour. Each had themes and identities but there was also crossover so no character was relegated to X role always like in many JRPG's.

I also had a specific question about the card Unshrouded Light, the card description I don't think matches exactly what the card does.

From memory, it says it does "80% STR as physical damage for each status' healed", but it actually does (80 * # of status')% STR as physical damage for each status healed. So the # of status' is being used twice in calculations, once for damage %, and again for number of hits. I don't think this is as clear on the card though.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Just finished chapter 6.
The boss kicked my ass at first but with the help of one specific card (to blind the enemy), a few more healing cards and my first use of one or two items, it became much more manageable.

I'm having fun I must say.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished chapter 6.
The boss kicked my ass at first but with the help of one specific card (to blind the enemy), a few more healing cards and my first use of one or two items, it became much more manageable.

I'm having fun I must say.
I don't think it's a coincidence that Blindside becomes available to buy right before that fight. It's a really strong card.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I don't think it's a coincidence that Blindside becomes available to buy right before that fight. It's a really strong card.
Hmm, was it THAT right before ? Not in the previous chapter ? (which is still pretty close anyway : P).
At first I thought it wasn't useful but I didn't use it on the right target.

But I also switched back to previous weapons (except with one character cause he only had one) and actually saw how important could be shield+heal on party for my survival on the long run. You still have to chose between a finisher and better stats.

I also used to think that grinding wasn't a thing at all, until I
unlocked the cards upgrades in the shop.
And ok I admit, that requires much more battles than I thought would be needed if you want to really take advantage of it a lot.

But I don't mind. I'll just be very thoughtful on my choices, cause you never know what other type of cards might arrive later.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I 100% all the maps except one iirc didnt feel like I was speeding. I guess difficulty adds loads of time.
Eh, not really. I think it actually depends on the type of player you are, aka how much time you spend theory crafting and/or changing up decks and builds. I'm on legend chapter 10, only wiped 2 or 3 times, only hit the grind "cap" once, and I'm at like 14 hours played. I pretty much spend the first 10-15 minutes of every chapter thinking up a new build, creating and upgrading cards, etc., and then I'll end up changing party members and decks halfway through, and then again before the boss. Usually more than that honestly. Hell the first maybe 5-6 chapters I was swapping out cards when characters simply leveled up because the stat increase on characters is so drastic (which I love btw). Oh, Galleo has the highest strength and magic now? Ok, back to the drawing board.

Obviously it's not required to switch things up all the time like that or be that efficient, but as someone who likes to experiment with games and understand the underlying systems - provided the game is enticing enough and has the depth to do so - it takes a lot more time (but is a lot more fun and rewarding for me). I'm assuming the devs are the same way which is why they estimated it at 25 hours or whatever.

k4mon

Oct 28, 2017
Wrocław / Poland
Finished the game today on Legend. Things that I didn't like:

- a lot of the boss fights looked like this: trigger the boss fight, check its strengths and weaknesses, quit the game, load save, edit deck, fight the boss. On the other hand, that's probably not an issue on Normal so this is not a big of a deal.
- blind and poison are OP and carried me throughout the whole second part of the game.
- there is a huge difficulty spike on Legend difficulty in chapters 6 & 7, before and after that the game was really enjoyable in terms of difficulty
- I totally skipped the whole mechanic of upgrading cards. I never felt the need to make something I already have more powerful, if I had struggles with some enemy it was solvable by using a different strategy.

But besides those issues I really enjoyed my time with SteamWorld Quest and I would recommend it to all fans of turn based/card based combat systems.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Man,
Tarah & Thayne are crazy strong--steal strength, steal mind, Twin Axe Combo, Leach Life is amazing.
Have to figure out a better way to incorporate their skillset into the team though...

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Just want to point out a workaround a commonly stated problem with the game: a high cost to expierment with upgrading cards because you lose your items needed to craft/upgrade.

I recommend using the Cloud Save set off. Manually cloud save before you go crafting and upgrading... If you don't like your choices after a few battles of trying them out, then reload the Cloud Save and try something else.

Not an elegant solution, but one that works.

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
Man,
Tarah & Thayne are crazy strong--steal strength, steal mind, Twin Axe Combo, Leach Life is amazing.
Have to figure out a better way to incorporate their skillset into the team though...
I use them to drop the bomb mentioned above plus
steal gold, doom, and do the AoE health steal (seems like it's the strongest heal in the game). So they're my explosive DPS dealers and healer.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Finished the game today on Legend. Things that I didn't like:

- a lot of the boss fights looked like this: trigger the boss fight, check its strengths and weaknesses, quit the game, load save, edit deck, fight the boss. On the other hand, that's probably not an issue on Normal so this is not a big of a deal.
- blind and poison are OP and carried me throughout the whole second part of the game.
- there is a huge difficulty spike on Legend difficulty in chapters 6 & 7, before and after that the game was really enjoyable in terms of difficulty
- I totally skipped the whole mechanic of upgrading cards. I never felt the need to make something I already have more powerful, if I had struggles with some enemy it was solvable by using a different strategy.

But besides those issues I really enjoyed my time with SteamWorld Quest and I would recommend it to all fans of turn based/card based combat systems.

I don't think that's a game problem so much as a you 'problem', honestly. I never even thought to do that (I actually forgot that the game lets you scan everything cause I'm so used to RPGs hiding information) until end game, but I don't think having that option is bad. For me, I generally went into a boss, tried to win with what I had and, if I lost, re-evaluating from there. One fight I remember being pretty proud of was winning against the Storm Dragon Boss with an Orik that I'd minutes prior converted to an almost full-storm deck.

I do think Poison is a bit strong, but it's equally as effective on your party and, personally, I appreciate a game that actually has Poison be viable.

As for my own opinion, I really enjoy the diverse and aggressive options you're able to take in the game. Galleo's a great Healer, but a rather boring character imo, so the option to take a potientially less potent but more varied options with a Copernica/Orik/Twins team was a lot of fun; fights felt risky but manageable. Also, it allowed me to use the probably strongest combo: Doom + Cyclone Slash

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Played the first few chapters last night, really digging it. I saw one of the main complaints being posted around the Internet was that the writing was kind of weak, but I'm enjoying the banter so far.

It's been a long time (like PS2 era) since I really got in to a turn based RPG, so I'm enjoying that this is a lot.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I'm about 5 hours in, super enjoying this game! I hope I don't burn out on it, like I did Battle Chasers, a game which I was also high in in the first 5 hours.

The OST is so so good, I've been humming that boss theme all week. I think it's understated how excellent the OST is and how that's really pulling me back into the game everytime.

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
I'm about 5 hours in, super enjoying this game! I hope I don't burn out on it, like I did Battle Chasers, a game which I was also high in in the first 5 hours.
Oh wow, you made me realize how much this game plays like Battle Chasers. I think the character archetypes are unique enough that the game stays fresh through its entire run. Plus, it's not quite as long as Battle Chasers.

Played the first few chapters last night, really digging it. I saw one of the main complaints being posted around the Internet was that the writing was kind of weak, but I'm enjoying the banter so far.
One of the biggest surprises for me has been the quality of the writing. Some of the banter can be too on-the-nose, but the overall narrative is really nice. All of the character's have well-written arcs.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Am I doing something out of sequence here? I cannot beat the puppy in chapter 4, even if I take out the master and keep healing/repairing I'm mostly wrecked since they keep casting poison and self healing. Every other battle up to that point had been doable but I can't seem to grind anywhere and I'm way outclassed.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Am I doing something out of sequence here? I cannot beat the puppy in chapter 4, even if I take out the master and keep healing/repairing I'm mostly wrecked since they keep casting poison and self healing. Every other battle up to that point had been doable but I can't seem to grind anywhere and I'm way outclassed.
Can you post some screen shots of your setup? I think I remember that one being the hardest for me so far too. Are you using your blue cards x3 to setup Mana shields as much as possible? Basically don't play blue cards outside of hero chains to keep Mana shields up.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had trouble here too. I think the time I did it was over 50 turns long as we got into a loop of damage and healing. In the end I just stopped hitting them when they had the regeneration buff for 3 turns and used that time to heal/buff myself. I then used the gears up when their regen wore off. It took ages but got the job done!

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Oh wow, you made me realize how much this game plays like Battle Chasers. I think the character archetypes are unique enough that the game stays fresh through its entire run. Plus, it's not quite as long as Battle Chasers.
Actually as I play, this game reminds me the more of Final Fantasy VII's materia system.

Hear me out: basically the cards are materia. In VII you have limited slots that you can bring materia, which basically dictates which commands/actions you can use in magic. SWQ basically expands on this idea by asking "what if the materia you have outfitted in slots, were randomly selected as commands, until you had an opportunity to use them all before recycling?". Now SWQ gives you a fixed number of "materia slots" in saying that you can only bring in 8 to battle, similar to how in VII you have lots of materia, but can only equip the amount you have slots for.

So SWQ takes the Materia system and IMO, makes it better by randomizing what you can use after you selected what you bring into battle, and giving you a "bonus" for using the three types. It works extremely well and even the "trash mobs" feel interesting because you never quite know what you're going to get and in what order. By having synergy between certain cards, you get some unique opportunities every battle.

It's a great combat system. Again, I'm only like 10 hours in, but it feels like a very fresh way than a simple "fixed command" system like Battle Chasers, Final Fantasy, and Octopath Traveler.

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
Actually as I play, this game reminds me the more of Final Fantasy VII's materia system.
So SWQ takes the Materia system and IMO, makes it better by randomizing what you can use after you selected what you bring into battle, and giving you a "bonus" for using the three types. It works extremely well and even the "trash mobs" feel interesting because you never quite know what you're going to get and in what order. By having synergy between certain cards, you get some unique opportunities every battle.
I definitely agree with you on trash mobs being unique. My decks and playstyles for the non-boss portions of a level were always radically different than my boss decks. I think the game not allowing you to heal outside of battle without the use of items really forces you to play efficiently. Compare that to FF or Persona, where you're spamming attacks to get through mobs and just replenishing mana/health after the fight.

SWQ reminds me a lot of the boardgame Gloomhaven (which I think directly inspired SQW). Instead of Final Fantasy-meets-deck builder its D&D-meets-deck builder. In it, you are forced to play a pair of cards each round which go into your "discard pile"; once you can no longer play a pair of cards from your 8-12 card "deck", you are forced to rest and permanently "lose" a card for the rest of the scenario. If can't play anymore, your character is out of the scenario. You're forced to play cards even if you've cleared a room; this requires you to play really efficiently and adds a lot tension by taking away a downtime safety net. I love how SWQ limits how you can heal yourself for free, which forces you to consider defensive/buff/heal cards even in mob fights. It keeps up an exciting level of tension and momentum.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I definitely agree with you on trash mobs being unique. My decks and playstyles for the non-boss portions of a level were always radically different than my boss decks. I think the game not allowing you to heal outside of battle without the use of items really forces you to play efficiently. Compare that to FF or Persona, where you're spamming attacks to get through mobs and just replenishing mana/health after the fight.

SWQ reminds me a lot of the boardgame Gloomhaven (which I think directly inspired SQW). Instead of Final Fantasy-meets-deck builder its D&D-meets-deck builder. In it, you are forced to play a pair of cards each round which go into your "discard pile"; once you can no longer play a pair of cards from your 8-12 card "deck", you are forced to rest and permanently "lose" a card for the rest of the scenario. If can't play anymore, your character is out of the scenario. You're forced to play cards even if you've cleared a room; this requires you to play really efficiently and adds a lot tension by taking away a downtime safety net. I love how SWQ limits how you can heal yourself for free, which forces you to consider defensive/buff/heal cards even in mob fights.
True, you can heal with items outside of battle, but then you are literally consuming money - since that seems to be the only way to get heal potions - which means you are limiting yourself to being able to craft or upgrade grades, without more grinding. I'm playing on Legendary from the start, which means it has had a really good challenge.

I feel like the combat is similar to Battle Chasers and Octopath, where you do a lot of "simple" and "weak' attacks so you can build up to your stronger attacks. Only this game flips it on its head by not always allowing you to do 'weak' AP building attacks, since the commands are randomized. I feel like this solves the problem in traditional turn based games, like 8Path and Battle Chasers: where you simply "run your offense" and sequence of attacks in the same way every battle, to get to your powerful moves. Which is funny because this was solved in another way in FFXII, where the game let you program your sequence of commands pre-battle instead of "running your offense" like you would do anyway by selecting the commands.

... I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that SWQ does something unique here and solves a problem that many traditional JRPG command based games have, by giving you light randomization on the commands you can use on a given turn. It's super smart. I hope other games down the road copy it, or we see some DLC or SWQ2 down the road.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Can you post some screen shots of your setup? I think I remember that one being the hardest for me so far too. Are you using your blue cards x3 to setup Mana shields as much as possible? Basically don't play blue cards outside of hero chains to keep Mana shields up.
I had trouble here too. I think the time I did it was over 50 turns long as we got into a loop of damage and healing. In the end I just stopped hitting them when they had the regeneration buff for 3 turns and used that time to heal/buff myself. I then used the gears up when their regen wore off. It took ages but got the job done!

Nearly got it by concentrating on the master and colour-chaining almost every turn but didn't have enough revives and blue was my steammaker so couldn't keep it up the attacks. Need to take a day away because otherwise I'll burn out and give up.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm tired of waiting for the Slay the Spire port to be announced, so I bit the bullet and bought this. Played the first 2 chapters and am enjoying it so far. I love deck building mechanics and can't wait to get more cards to fine tune my decks.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I'm only a couple hours in, at most... is it possible to both really like/want to like this game but also feel almost no pull to play it? I feel like I'm playing the same cards every battle and there's not enough...'flavor'...?

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I'm only a couple hours in, at most... is it possible to both really like/want to like this game but also feel almost no pull to play it? I feel like I'm playing the same cards every battle and there's not enough...'flavor'...?

The first few characters are pretty bog-standard, especially in the beginning. Once you advance a bit more and get access to the other characters, it starts to open up a bit. Early game Copernica, Armilly and Galleo are pretty wack.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Played a bit more tonight, and just unlocked Orik. The boss in the previous chapter wasn't too bad with my setup, even though I had no poison resistance. I just kept up Regeneration and Mana Shields, and finished the fight with full HP. Galleo was invaluable with the healing and poison, and Armilly was flinching constantly. Using Mana Shields to soak up Double Edge self damage is great skill synergy! I'm playing on Legend, and haven't felt any difficulty spikes yet, though I hear it'll happen.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I doubt it, but if ant if y'all haven't played Dig 2 or Heist, theyre on sale.

Heist is so so good, and it's 7 bucks. It goes without saying if you enjoyed this game, you will undoubtedly enjoy Heist.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Picked this game up after setting it aside to play a bunch of FF12, I'e probably got 1 or 2 chapters left. The card based battle system is really a lot of fun with enough depth and variety to be consistently engaging. I hope Quest has sold well. I'm not sure what the market for card battle games is. Has Image and Form said anything about how the game is selling?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
For those who have played both which is better, Slay the Spire or this?

As far as game mechanics, Slay the Spire is one of the best card based games I've ever played. But it's a run based rogue-lite, while Steamworld Quest is an RPG with an actual story. If you want a game that you can play forever, then Slay the Spire is a great choice. I only got Steamworld Quest because I am waiting for the Switch port. I've been playing Slay the Spire for about a year now on PC, but heard good things about this game. I'm enjoying it so far, just made it to ACT 3.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As far as game mechanics, Slay the Spire is one of the best card based games I've ever played. But it's a run based rogue-lite, while Steamworld Quest is an RPG with an actual story. If you want a game that you can play forever, then Slay the Spire is a great choice. I only got Steamworld Quest because I am waiting for the Switch port. I've been playing Slay the Spire for about a year now on PC, but heard good things about this game. I'm enjoying it so far, just made it to ACT 3.

I'm not a fan of rogue-like mechanics and I'm a huge fan of SteamWorld in general so it sounds like I might enjoy this more.

Deleted member 59

Finally bought this yesterday. I love I&F games, but generally dislike card combat RPGS. Glad I took the plunge. Loving the presentation and combat. Im half way through chapter 7 atm

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game today. 15h in total and I loved it.

I&F nails the presentation of their games. They have a Nintendo-like polish.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
For those who have played both which is better, Slay the Spire or this?

I have like 90 hours in STS and about 10 hours in SWQ...

They're both great and have like almost nothing in common. SWQ is a straight up RPG under the guise of cards, and Slay the Spire is an actual card game. Buy them both!

I only recommend to play SWQ on Legend mode. You'll go through the game slower but you'll be more pressed to mix up your strategies, builds, and characters. More fun in my opinion.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Amazing art, nice game play, good story, great soundtrack.

I really liked the game and I'm usually not into card games at all, but in this case the card was just a way to present the attributes, it was OK to me.

Hope it sells well so the company can keep doing these great indie games.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
This OST is so so so good. It's easily my favourite Steamworld OST and the best I've heard all year.

I don't mind replaying chapters for the some reason to listen to the OST.