• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
jariw

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at the end of chapter 2 with all the cards available thus far probably (though I've not found all the secret areas). I'm only an hour in.

In chapter 2, Deck Building has been unlocked (it was unlocked when you talked to the lady in the wagon at the beginning of chapter 2). Even if you haven't found any extra cards in hidden chests, you should now have many more cards than can be put in the party member's deck.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I've played a lot of hearthstone too and yet I'm getting wrecked by the boss of chapter two. It's really pissing me off. I'm playing on hard and I'm getting destroyed, I can only get it down to about 500 health before someone dies and after that it's basically game over.

I have so few cards I can't make any changes to my decks really and I see they are weak to electricity and I've not had chance to get any of those cards yet.

What am I missing? On the verge of regretting my purchase on this one. I thought hard level was supposed to be ok for people that know card games?

I might have to drop to normal difficulty already but just annoyed as apparently a lot of you found it manageable. It would be cool if I could tinker with the decks but I've hardly got any cards.
Do you have any gear equipped? I can't remember exactly my load out in Chapter 2 but I'm also playing on Hard and it took me two or three tries to take that boss out. Equipment (or even cards) is usually hidden in the hidden chests and it helps a lot. If you haven't already done so go back and look for any hidden chests you may have missed. Also, Copernica's combo move (team barrier) is really strong in the early game. Bosses definitely require some tinkering around with decks/load outs.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing on legend and the only issue i have are bosses and not because they are hard but because I have no clue what they are capable of before fighting them. My build would never be effective against the boss. If I could identify the boss before fighting him then I can be more prepared. That is my only issue so far. I am to ch8 and have no come up against a boss that frustrated me so much that i turn off the console.

Game is great and I would love some DLC.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Been playing on legend and the only issue i have are bosses and not because they are hard but because I have no clue what they are capable of before fighting them. My build would never be effective against the boss. If I could identify the boss before fighting him then I can be more prepared. That is my only issue so far. I am to ch8 and have no come up against a boss that frustrated me so much that i turn off the console.

I've made a post early in the thread giving advice for that fight, check it out if you need help.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks everyone.

I've found a few chests and have all the items I have equipped.

As far as cards go, I have very few different types to pick. What does it matter what buff I pick or if I choose book bash or the sword when they do less than 15 damage on someone with 650 hp and a lifelink attack that heals for more damage than I deliver and an attack that can kill a character in 3 hits? It's all variations on dying before they are even down half their hp.

Why is this boss weak to ele when there are no ele cards yet? Also, can I not see what their cards do? I'd like to know what they are playing with.

Man, I'm so disappointed with this game. The exploration is crazy weak (walk around hitting a) and the card gimmick is just an aesthetic way of picking standard jrpg attacks.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Well don't you have big balls.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone.

As far as cards go, I have very few different types to pick. What does it matter what buff I pick or if I choose book bash or the sword when they do less than 15 damage on someone with 650 hp and a lifelink attack that heals for more damage than I deliver and an attack that can kill a character in 3 hits? It's all variations on dying before they are even down half their hp.

Why is this boss weak to ele when there are no ele cards yet? Also, can I not see what their cards do? I'd like to know what they are playing with.

Man, I'm so disappointed with this game. The exploration is crazy weak (walk around hitting a) and the card gimmick is just an aesthetic way of picking standard jrpg attacks.
Never mind, I was thinking about the wrong chapter.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By the end of chapter 2 you 100% have different elemental cards and your choice of buffs matters significantly also. You should be going hard on defense in that fight. Have you been purchasing cards in the shop? You should have a lot of options at that point.
Shop? That woman that gave me shout earlier? I have to go back in this liner game to the previous chapter to beat this boss?

I have no elemental cards except fire and ice and neither is any good.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Shop? That woman that gave me shout earlier? I have to go back in this liner game to the previous chapter to beat this boss?

I have no elemental cards except fire and ice and neither is any good.
Fire attacks are fairly good though and some of the ice ones have good debuffs (brain freeze) but maybe you don't get those cards until later.

OP
OP
jariw

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks everyone.

If you feel it's too difficult on the hard difficulty, just change it to medium.

I have only played on medium, but to me it feels very wrong to use book bash in a deck for a chapter boss. She has much more suitable cards that boosts the steam meter.

BTW, the game hasn't really started in chapter 2. You're still in the tutorial part of the game.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I want to know is what tactic other people used on hard? It's possible apparently but I'm getting wrecked.

He just took over 60 health in one shot and killed Gallilao. How can I deal with that?

Also, I don't have any other cards to build steam that book bash with Capernicus.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
It has always been a thing with RPG bosses (especially on harder difficulties) where the first attempt is mostly just to find out what loadouts you should bring.

I really haven't had to do that very often though in this game, more in the early game and much less so in the later chapters. If you really don't want to spend the time for the first attempt you can just look up a walkthrough. I did that for the secret chests anyway since I don't care about hunting for them.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've only done four chapters so far. It's okay, I don't think I've blown away or anything, but this particular genre (turn based isn't normally for me. I just wanted to buy it because I like and trust the devs.

I do wish the exploration side was a lot more interesting.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
All I want to know is what tactic other people used on hard? It's possible apparently but I'm getting wrecked.

He just took over 60 health in one shot and killed Gallilao. How can I deal with that?

Also, I don't have any other cards to build steam that book bash with Capernicus.

I don't remember exactly what I did with that boss or what cards were available but you should focus on building chains with Coppernica (the easiest way is to avoid having to much steam consuming cards and focus on the steam building ones like the shield and book bash). Early on, going with a more defensive tactics is the easiest way imo.

If that particular boss is giving you too much trouble you can always lower the difficulty for it and go back to hard right after.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my general setup for the game so far (Chapter 16) in case anyone is interested on how to better evaluate the cards and decks. I think part of the fun of the game is figuring out your own setup so I don't recommend reading these unless you have to.

Copernica is by far the best damage dealer all game for me. I have almost never taken her out of the team.
I've equipped the fire damage up accessory from the shop and also a general +magic accessory.
Her magic stats are the best out of the group by quite a margin, and the team barrier is always nice to reduce damage taken.

There's no proper terminology I think so I'll just call cards that generate steam action cards and everything else skill cards.

Cards:
Fire Pillar: Definitely the MVP. Upgraded twice, it deals about 270% magic damage just for 1 steam. Combined with Copernica's mag stat, No other card comes close to the damage dealing potential. Why spend 2 or more steam and makes your turns much more clumsier when you can just spend 1 and deal a lot of consistent damage?
Deck: 3-4x Fire Pillar, then 3-5 action cards At this point it's 1x Arcane Detective, 1x Burning Desire, and 2x Searing Lash (If the dungeons get though, I substitute an action card for Sleep to slow turns down to heal and regen)

I find that the other elements are too conditional or random and doesn't come close to fire for her.

With Copernica as the MVP, my next character would be to support her damage dealing abilities and that would be Armilly.
Intercept: Definitely the MVP. You deal a good chunk of damage and get to stop one action from your enemy (bosses tend to have 2 actions). Pretty much guaranteed intercept after upgrading once.
Fiery Bash: Upgraded once it gives you two levels of fire debuff on a single enemy for three turns. Often times the debuff isn't really used because it's pretty much dead anyway, but great for tougher enemies.
Other than that it's just fire support.
Deck: 2x Intercept, 1x Fiery Bash, 1x Encourage (remove pesky debuffs), 4x Hot Iron (fire damage action card)

So the last slot is just support and healing. Orik works great for me because he has another interrupt, his weapon ability allows you to play more cards, and Bushido giving crit is such insane damage buff to any character. Orik doesn't have good magic stats so take care to not use his mag cards.
Stone Lion: 0 cost skill card that gives you guaranteed intercept, why not.
Bushido: Upgraded once gives you 75% crit chance on any character
Deck: 2x Stone Lion, 2x Bushido, 1x Fascination (only heal I need, I'll use healing pots if damage is too high), 2x Iai, and 1x Inspiring Grace (for those 5 card turns)

With this setup I've been pretty much clearing last few chapters without any problems so far. It's still challenging to play though. And yeah, I almost don't use any cards costing more than 1.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember exactly what I did with that boss or what cards were available but you should focus on building chains with Coppernica (the easiest way is to avoid having to much steam consuming cards and focus on the steam building ones like the shield and book bash). Early on, going with a more defensive tactics is the easiest way imo.

If that particular boss is giving you too much trouble you can always lower the difficulty for it and go back to hard right after.
I can do that but capernica only deals 7 damage per hit with book bash. 7! Against 600 that's ridiculous.

I don't want to go back to normal, I want to know how it's possible on hard at this stage in the game with just these cards.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Well don't you have big balls.
I am only to ch8 so it has nothing with big balls. I am just telling my experience with the game so far. You seem threatened for some reason.

Anyway I used Armilly/Orik solely for damage, copernica solely for her shield and Galleo just for health. Then I swap out cards for specific bosses weaknesses or if they have a card that is wrecking my team like confusion/sleep/etc. Since the game is still all about some chance, if I don't start off right I would get destroyed. I like to start off with copernica chain to get the shields.

If you still want to be snippy go ahead.

Last edited:

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
I can do that but capernica only deals 7 damage per hit with book bash. 7! Against 600 that's ridiculous.

I don't want to go back to normal, I want to know how it's possible on hard at this stage in the game with just these cards.
You can build steam with her shield. Sometimes you'll have to throw out the occasional book bash for no damage just to build steam for more powerful spells from her or Armily.

Also, three Coppernica cards on the same turn will give all party members an overshield. So even if you're doing 3 book bashes for relatively little damage, you're essentially negating the boss' next turn.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can build steam with her shield. Sometimes you'll have to throw out the occasional book bash for no damage just to build steam for more powerful spells from her or Armily.

Also, three Coppernica cards on the same turn will give all party members an overshield. So even if you're doing 3 book bashes for relatively little damage, you're essentially negating the boss' next turn.
Thanks, done it now. Didn't realise Coppernica's shield bonus was so good. As soon as I noticed that I made sure to keep topping up the heath.

Phew, on to the next meltdown.

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
Thanks, done it now. Didn't realise Coppernica's shield bonus was so good. As soon as I noticed that I made sure to keep topping up the heath.

Glad it stepped up your quality of life.

Another thing to keep an eye out for is the next character's Poison card. It has super high value relative to its cost.

OP
OP
jariw

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

Good to hear that you solved it! I just restarted a new game on legend now, to test until the chapter 2 boss. It wasn't any problem basically just doing a consistent chains and occasionally using Armilly's Shout and Galleo's Mend. When Canary is up to 5 steam cogs, it's also very important to have made a Copernica chain just before (that's when the boss unleash the biggest weapons).

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda love how scarce resources are (not planning to farm). Should I buy that accessory or craft that card? Choices choices!

Also, the character art is out of this world. Orik is amazing.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Anybody getting crazy with Orik, I love the character, and the many allusions to one of my favourite final fantasy characters, but I haven't used him too much as of yet.
He's been my favorite character so far. Both him and Copernica synergize pretty well, building steam and having Haste + Electrolize for card/turn advantage. Cyclone Slash is a pretty great card even against Storm resists.

Skavi

Feb 13, 2018
Anybody getting crazy with Orik, I love the character, and the many allusions to one of my favourite final fantasy characters, but I haven't used him too much as of yet.

He's completely replaced Armilly as my primary DPS. Bushido + Cyclone Slash after building gears with Copernica and Galleo is insane.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm on chapter 11 and still really enjoying it.

I mostly use the three original characters just because I seem to like their cards the most, but I might change it up again for a chapter just to experience the others a little more. In the little while I had Orik active I could tell he can lay down some serious damage.

Length seems to vary wildly from what I've read, which is strange. I've heard 15-20 hours to 10 at most.

Does anyone know how many chapters there are?

B_Mild

Dec 1, 2017
Kinda disappointed after finishing it on the hardest difficulty. While the game is fun, I never felt challenged to explore new builds or characters. I stuck with the original 3 members with 80% of the core skills the same between acts 2 to the end.

By the time I got cool cards on Yellow and Purple, they were vastly outlevelled by my main party and I took the path of least resistance - which in my case was brute force with my static party and play smart.

I built my party around Red's upgraded fire bash, intercept, and self buff and spam Blue's fire lash + pillar. Green as full support/build steam/heal.

Even when enemies have fire resist, Blue can outdamage with all the fire+ and magic+ buffs she gets, and because of Red's fire bash it doesn't even matter. With fire absorbing enemies (few and far between), it's easy enough to just use red's raw single target damage with brave buster and intercept and bleed combo to down them as well while blue spams Shields and shield combo to entire party.

I feel like 1 steam cards like fire pillar and intercept with damage buffs are way too efficient to consider using anything else. The other cards feel like fillers that buff or generate resource.

Also there are a lot of conceptually cool cards that I am not bothered to use because other simple cards straight up over power them in raw numbers. Maybe I need to force myself to explore these options on a second playthrough or maybe they need to balance some cards, idk!

Feel like the game ended too fast, hoping for a challenging DLC because I think the artwork and game play of the game set up a great framework to explore deckbuilding - the game just needs to give players a bit more time and difficulty to play around with the cards.

Last edited:

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear that you solved it! I just restarted a new game on legend now, to test until the chapter 2 boss. It wasn't any problem basically just doing a consistent chains and occasionally using Armilly's Shout and Galleo's Mend. When Canary is up to 5 steam cogs, it's also very important to have made a Copernica chain just before (that's when the boss unleash the biggest weapons).
Wow, you started a new file just to see what Canary was like. Thanks!

I guess I didn't know the importance of chains but I do now.

I also didn't know the 5 cogs related to his biggest attack. I thought there would be some special animation.

Hero-of-Time

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how many chapters there are?

There are 19 chapters.

I ended up finishing the game last night (took 11 hours but I was just playing on normal) and I loved every second of it. The difficulty of the game was just right for someone like me who isn't that experienced with the card battling genre. I found the dialogue to be very witty at times and I thought each of the characters brought something new to the conversation.

The only thing I didn't care for was the fact that you can't see if you got 100% of the chests until you actually finish the level. This meant I had to repeat a few stages early on but I got around this problem in later stages by quitting out of the game when I was close to the end of the stage, backing up my save file, loading the game back up and then defeating the boss. If I had nabbed all the chests then great but if I had missed one I simply downloaded my save from the cloud and went hunting for the remaining treasure. The process is pretty snappy due to how fast the game loads up and it was certainly quicker doing this than having to repeat the whole stage again.

So, yeah, fantastic game and definitely my favourite out of the SteamWorld games.

Here are a few snaps I took from the ending scenes of the game. I think they are beautifully drawn.

D5VRpwrUIAAD26t

D5VRkFAU0AEXeWu

D5VRvE_U4AAImsU

D5VRywTU0AAwy3h

imageform

Image & Form Games
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
Hi all, we're having a blast reading all your comments.
you can freely change the difficulty thankfully, but yeah, its pretty unbalanced. Still love them game tho.

it's not, just some select bosses. I actually keep going back and forth between normal and hard, im like semi-QAing the game (my runtime is going to be double of what it should be lol), and the conclusion is always the same:

"Trash" (as in anything that isnt a boss) fights on Legend are fine, you need to use all sorts of skills, adjust your decks, all that jazz you want from the game. As long as you keep your decks updated, explore (or buy) gear etc you are fine and its super satisfying (its still on the easy side mind you, especially with Copernica's team barrier default weapon equipped). "Trash" fights on normal not only can you just brute force them easily, but if you use Copernica's team barrier it complçetely negates any fight on normal, because it seems 90% of the enemy attacks arent strong enouh to break it, so you are never in any danger. Hell, you are barely in danger if you dont use it (which like I said earlier, Im not anymore) because theres still the healing characters aswell.

The bosses on the other hand, again in my opinion and from limited testing, seem overtuned on Legend (aka hard). It's actually a numbers issue too, something that could be tweeked I reckon. A good example last night:

was with the slime king boss. So the slime king boss can heal, on normal it heals for about 330 I believe, which is fine because at the level you are at the time, with a full chain on Armilly for example you can do 500-600 damage. The problem is, on hard/Legend, his heal is now 550 (or something like that) so alot of the time you cant outdamage what he heals, and because he can heal AND still do another action (because bosses can do multiple actions), he is constantly outpacing you. Same for his slime aoe skill that hits random members, twice I got unlucky on hard and most of the hits hit 1 member (Armilly too who has a lot of health), it went through Corpenica's barrier and STILL one shot Armilly.

Same happened with the dragon+dude boss, the dmg they did was more than what I could realistically handle (the dude's expose weakness straight up 1 shots marked people on hard), or I could handle but if you waste a entire turn healing up, youre not doing dmg so its a constant state of 1 step forward 2 steps back. This boss was particularly frustrating too because even if I wanted to grind, the previous chapter (ch5 I believe, the dragon is ch6) barely gave any xp at level 17, so there was nothing i could actually do.

On normal the bosses seem "fine" I guess, the difference between both difficulties is too extreme compared to the difference between difficulties on trash mobs. So maybe the numbers on the bosses on Legend are turned up a bit too much I dunno how your engine works, I'm sure you can test yourself, or hellm, maybe someone will come in and say im completely wrong, and thats fine :)

And like I said, I'm still loving the game, and I still think its well worth getting.
Sorry for the delay and thanks a lot - both for the example (the spoiler alert one), which is both specific and valuable, and for the kind words! I've passed on to the team so they can tweak if they feel it's necessary. We've naturally completed the game on Hard mode internally multiple times in testing (would be a joke otherwise) and nothing wrong with a difficulty spike here and there, but I agree that the game may seem unbalanced if it's only sometimes way off the charts. And finally awesome to watch you guys get together here to crack the different spikes. <3

imageform

Image & Form Games
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
Yep, having a blast reading all your comments, insights and "solutions" here. Thank you! :D We never know what to expect in terms of reception for our games. The reactions we typically get from players are "I didn't think I'd like this type of game, but..." and so on. We even toyed around with the idea of making "The best games you have yet to play" the official studio slogan. ;) It looks like there's a lot of people out there still on the fence about Quest, as card-based battlers tend to divide populations more than we thought... So I don't know if this request is kosher at all - and please tell me off if it isn't - but feel free to take to other social media and say what you think about #SWQuest, I'm sure it helps to make up minds.

...and now back to reading your comments. Cheers! /Brjann

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game on legend around 19 hours. The last few bosses took several tries each and I had to rework my decks so that was great. I personally think that most of the bosses was tuned to my liking, aside from some easier ones around chapter 12-16.

I do agree with the sentiment that the power to cost curve seems a bit off.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing yesterday, and just having finished chapter 3 there now, and I'm really enjoying it so far. The combat has been interesting and the overall presentation from the art, music to writing is probably the best they've done so far. I'm excited to see where it goes from here.

OP
OP
jariw

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda disappointed after finishing it on the hardest difficulty. While the game is fun, I never felt challenged to explore new builds or characters. I stuck with the original 3 members with 80% of the core skills the same between acts 2 to the end.

By the time I got cool cards on Yellow and Purple, they were vastly outlevelled by my main party and I took the path of least resistance - which in my case was brute force with my static party and play smart.

I built my party around Red's upgraded fire bash, intercept, and self buff and spam Blue's fire lash + pillar. Green as full support/build steam/heal.

Even when enemies have fire resist, Blue can outdamage with all the fire+ and magic+ buffs she gets, and because of Red's fire bash it doesn't even matter. With fire absorbing enemies (few and far between), it's easy enough to just use red's raw single target damage with brave buster and intercept and bleed combo to down them as well while blue spams Shields and shield combo to entire party.

I feel like 1 steam cards like fire pillar and intercept with damage buffs are way too efficient to consider using anything else. The other cards feel like fillers that buff or generate resource.

Also there are a lot of conceptually cool cards that I am not bothered to use because other simple cards straight up over power them in raw numbers. Maybe I need to force myself to explore these options on a second playthrough or maybe they need to balance some cards, idk!

Feel like the game ended too fast, hoping for a challenging DLC because I think the artwork and game play of the game set up a great framework to explore deckbuilding - the game just needs to give players a bit more time and difficulty to play around with the cards.

I wonder how a system with more challenge or a system that invites/forces to deck building could be implemented in this game, without breaking the mechanics. As I see it, the game is a toolbox with limited resources. You can choose your own focus on where you want to put those limited resources (such as invest them in the current deck/party or invest in something new), which is a big strength in the game. It's a bit like BotW, where you can focus on whatever game mechanics you want to, but with the difference that in this game you can't farm/grind as easily.

To make the player seek different deck builds or different party setups, they might have to disable some mechanics at the start of the game (such as "no chain mode" or "no card upgrades mode" or "no item mode" or ...)? IDK...

IMO, the length of the game is perfect for multiple runs with different approaches. After a while, there are such a huge array of cards to choose from, that there seems like the game has almost endless approaches to how it could be played.

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
Did anyone have a rough time with the standard mage enemies in Ch. 10? Their ability to apply a third-tier dodge to their team seems a little broken on Legend.

B_Mild

Dec 1, 2017
I wonder how a system with more challenge or a system that invites/forces to deck building could be implemented in this game, without breaking the mechanics. As I see it, the game is a toolbox with limited resources. You can choose your own focus on where you want to put those limited resources (such as invest them in the current deck/party or invest in something new), which is a big strength in the game. It's a bit like BotW, where you can focus on whatever game mechanics you want to, but with the difference that in this game you can't farm/grind as easily.

To make the player seek different deck builds or different party setups, they might have to disable some mechanics at the start of the game (such as "no chain mode" or "no card upgrades mode" or "no item mode" or ...)? IDK...

IMO, the length of the game is perfect for multiple runs with different approaches. After a while, there are such a huge array of cards to choose from, that there seems like the game has almost endless approaches to how it could be played.
Those are some great ideas. To be honest I would be happy with a mode with no upgrades, and certain cards got core upgrades automatically for free (the core upgrades being ones that are not simple damage +15%). This would reduce upgrade anxiety by committing to a set of cards you upgraded at the first half of the game and encourage players to seek out more builds.

One of the main reasons I didn't try new builds is like you said - grinding is required to craft every card and get all the important upgrades.

I know I gave these criticisms of the game but I should say that I absolutely adore the game. It's because I like it a lot that I felt that I should provide my honest input. Steamworld Heist is my 2019 GOTY when I grabbed it on sale a few months ago and I enjoy this game almost as much!

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
It has been already mostly noted, it does it stem from a couple of problems.
1. It's too easy to find a powerful set of decks that can be used all game with minor tweaking.
2. The enemy resistances don't matter enough and encounter design too narrow to deter from using said decks.
3. There's high cost to experimentation, again deterring from switching from decks.
4. Heroic Chain effects generally being really good which means you want to prioritize using it all the time.
5. This means that higher cost cards are often too inflexible to use, and they also don't give enough power to compensate for it.
6. This also leads to a limited viable card pool to build decks from.

Not to say that it isn't possible that a high cost, big skill cards deck can work well.

Still a terrific game though with far better difficulty balancing than a lot of games with card battle systems out there.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finished it up tonight on Knight mode, and I think that's good enough for me. Really enjoyed playing through it. Galleo seems like he has to be in your party pretty much all the time near the end.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Finished it up tonight on Knight mode, and I think that's good enough for me. Really enjoyed playing through it. Galleo seems like he has to be in your party pretty much all the time near the end.

I especially kept him in the party once I found out how well he synergizes with all those "forcibly catch status ailments for great effects" attacks, considering he has a move that dispels all status ailments and converts them into A BEATDOWN!!!

One hit per dispel, and you know some mother fathers gonna put dispair or poison on your whole team! That's when they get THE BEATDOWN!!!

OP
OP
jariw

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Can I change to earlier chapters somehow to collect more loot? I am in the middle of new chapter right now.

You can select earlier chapters to find the remaining chests at least. Don't know if you get any coins for re-beating enemies.

If you cancel the current chapter, you'll loose the progress made in that chapter.

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
You can select earlier chapters to find the remaining chests at least. Don't know if you get any coins for re-beating enemies.

If you cancel the current chapter, you'll loose the progress made in that chapter.
You get coins and XP. The XP gained is pretty minimal, unless you are revisiting the chapter you just beat; even then, you'll only get enough for one level.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
So one chapter in Act 4 is showing up with 137% chest completion for me. Is that right (I know indie games especially love the cheeky over 100% completion rates)?

Also, after finishing the game, are there any good grinding spots for the colisseum?

Deleted member 45468

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
I would love if I could have multiple decks for each character and select which deck I want for each fight. Right now, I don't experiment as much as I want because the deck building is a chore to swap cards back and forth.

I am glad I read this thread and switched to Legend after chapter 1. Legend has been a good balance for me and I consistently find each Boss hard.

OP
OP
jariw

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
On chapter 14, I had an enemy encounter with a
duck
. Pretty Undertale-inspired battle.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Once you get to the college, beware of 1-way teleporters. They can act as points of no return, and there's one at the beginning of chapter 9 (which was way longer than any previous chapter), and I missed a chest there since my completion is at 89%.

That kind of stuff plus having to replay entire chapters if you want to collect a chest you missed is my one major gripe I have with the game. It doesn't help that when replaying chapters skipping dialouge/cutscenes is slow and you still have to fight bosses. Preferably the chest percentage would just be there on the map screen as you go, and there wouldn't be points of no return.

Otherwise though I'm really enjoying it and finding it very well designed.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Had a bit of a marathon this evening and finished up the game.

I adored every bit of it. Image and Form are so good at creating likeable characters, man.

The ending art + music was beautiful. Good lord.

For someone with previously very mixed feelings about any game revolving around cards, this one truly stole my heart. What a great time.