• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
The estimates are rubbish.
There is no way that HZD, a game with 45k reviews, sold less than Days Gone with 15k reviews.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone doing well wouldn't really surprise me. HZD had a bunch of day 1 issues.

Recall a fair bit of negativity about Death Stranding on PS4 from PC crowd who magically loved the game when it came out

I think it's not a big mystery why the PC version was received better:

- it's a really nice port has a bunch of PC specific features (higher frame rate, ultrawide support, photo mode etc)
- people had a much better idea of what the game actually was when it came out on PC, so somewhat self-selecting people who are down for that.
- the PC crowd in general is probably already more down with what the game is to begin with.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021
Recall a fair bit of negativity about Death Stranding on PS4 from PC crowd who magically loved the game when it came out

Because PC crowd is some sort of monolith entity...

There was negativity from some PS gamers who found the game disappointing. But a lot of PC gamers ended up jiving with the title more.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for a price drop before picking up Death Stranding on pc. I want to try it, but I have no idea if I will like it.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
in terms of reviews, I could see hzd being talked about a bunch because the pc port was supposed to be pretty bad initially (so testimonials to it being bad/testimonials to it getting fixed might be high?), DS in general being the type of game that gets ppl talking, and dg I haven't really followed. I don't think reviews are particularly indicative

anyway, 1 mil+ sales seems like a success to me? these games have been out for a while (or maybe better put, kinda past their initial hype cycle), I'd be comparing them to persona 4 golden which has done similar numbers (tho i guess the latter's numbers has a bit to do with it's pricing too)

would be interested in pc numbers from a multi-platform simultaneous release but sony's not letting that happen right

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Tens of millions of dollars in profit sounds like a pretty good investment to me.

OP
OP
Kolx

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Since it seems steamspy is not as accurate as it used to be, can a mods close this thread please.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
That's some great numbers if those are accurate, Sony must really be happy by the profit for those ports especially since the cost to port them was probably marginal compared to the money they made back.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who are you following on Twitter OP that this weird fanboy account got into your feed.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Years old ports being sold at the almost full price sold 1-2 million copies is anything but underwhelming lol. Most publishers would kill to get the similar results.

Status
Not open for further replies.