• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
List Publishing Date: Sun, February 6th, 2022:

Fair Warning: If any of you people wanted to check this week's sales thread to see the various games charting, then you'd best TURN AROUND because this week's Global Top 10 Sellers has DYING LIGHT 2: STAY HUMAN written all over it! What a monster!

1. Dying Light 2: Stay Human Standard Edition - The Standard Edition of STEAM's 2nd most wishlisted game before its release, charts at no.1 (unsuprisingly) but recording a gigantic Concurrent Users Launch Peak of 274.9K more than 6 times the launch week of its predecessor(DL1) at 45.8K! Above the Likes of Halo Infinite(272K), Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord(248K)!

2. Dying Light 2 - Another STEAM package manages to chart as a new entry in this week's rankings at 2nd place with more multiple entries of Dying light 2 following it below!

3. Dying Light 2: Ultimate - The Ultimate Edition of DL2 charts as a new entry in this week's rankings at no.3!

4. Lost Ark Platinum Founder's Pack - Climbs up 4 places to 4th from 8th from last week.

5. Dying Light 2: Stay Human - Aaaaaand another one! this time at no. 5!

6. ELDEN RING(Pre-order) - Drops two places down to 6th from 4th from last week.

7. Dying Light 2: Stay Human - The ride never ends! This time charting at no. 7!

8. It Takes Two - In a week or Dying Light 2 gobbling up other game's places in the Global Top 10 Sellers, It Takes Two manages to not only stay in the weekly top sellers for another week but also climb up two places to 8th from 10th from last week. It recently was announced that this game manage to surpass 5m copies sold! A HUGE Milestone for Josef Fares and the grew and Haze Light! Congrats Guys and Gals!

9. Dying Light 2: Deluxe - Finally, this is the end of it, I can assure you! Dying Light 2: Deluxe Edition also charts as a new entry in this week's rankings at no.9!

10. TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER III(Pre-order) - Drops three places down to 10th from 7th from last week!

In comparison to this, here's last week(January 30th)'s List:
www.resetera.com

Steam's Weekly Global Top 10 Sellers, by revenue, for week ending January 30th, 2022 #1. God of War #2. Monster Hunter: RISE #3. DL2: SH(Pre-order) Sales - PC - Valve

List Publishing Date: Sun, January 30th, 2022: In comparison to this, here's last week(January 23rd)'s List: https://www.resetera.com/threads/steams-weekly-global-top-10-sellers-by-revenue-for-week-ending-january-23rd-2022-1-god-of-war-2-monster-hunter-rise-3-ready-or-not.543209/

Last edited:

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
The original Dying Light always seemed to have positive word of mouth online and Techland supported the shit out of it. Put out a generally well-received sequel + the goodwill built up from before, its not too surprising how well its going for them.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't see the appeal but it seems this game is a hit. Insane to see on these charts + player counts.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
While the original wasn't a smash hit right out of the gate iirc, the game has had a ton of sales and support over the years in addition to being a great game.

I can't wait to get my hands on it when it's on sale and I have more free time for it.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
This Dying Light 2 game seems to be doing well. No wonder because it's a lot of fun and I believe it will only get better through DLCs and updates.

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
Dying Light was hugely popular on PC. No reason to think the sequel isn't going to be massive.

Shaz12567

Jun 7, 2021
Because it's a PC focused game is my guess. It has its bugs, but it is using cutting edge gfx technology and isn't a shoehorned port.
Agreed. It's insane how good this game looks on PC vs. the consoles. I am playing at 4K maxed out with RTX and DLSS and the jungle areas of the game legit looked photo realistic at times.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
orGJkir.jpg

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Well now I see why Dying Light 2 peak concurrent player count is so high