• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
List Publishing Date: Sun, September 19th, 2021:
  1. DEATHLOOP - Arkane's new game charts at No. 1 in this week's rankings, managing to take two places in the Global Top 10 this week!

2. Tales of Arise - ToA drops one place to 2nd from 1st from last week!

3. DEATHLOOP Pre-Order Version - The P.O. version of DEATHLOOP also charts in this week's rankings at No. 3!

4. NARAKA: BLADEPOINT - Maintains its 4th place ranking from last week while also reaching a NEW Concurrent Players peak this 157K!

5. Red Dead Redemption 2 - RDR2 jumps 5 places to 5th from 10th place from last week thanks to a 33% off discount!

6. NBA 2K22 - Climbs up one place to 6th from 7th place from last week.

7. Timberborn - Mechanistry's City Beav.. *cough* I mean City Builder charts as a new entry to the Global Weekly Top 10 sellers this week at 7th place!

8. Valve Index VR Kit - After being absent from the Top 10 rankings last week, Index makes a return and at 8th place!

9. New World - New World also makes a return to the weekly rankings thanks to a NEW Beta launched some days ago and its only a week remaining till its launch on STEAM!

10. Valheim - Last but not the least, Valheim also returns to the Global Top 10 sellers this week thanks to a new update and a 20% off discount!
In comparison to this, here's last week(September 12th)'s List:
www.resetera.com

Steam's Weekly Global Top 10 Sellers, by revenue, for the week ending September 12th. #1. Tales Of Arise #2. Tale of Arise P.O. #3. Pathfinder: RotR Sales - PC - Valve

List Publishing Date: Sun, September 12th, 2021: Tales of Arise - The release version of ToA launches in 1st place as a new entry to the Global Top 10 Sellers on STEAM and is THE biggest JRPG launch on STEAM based on concurrent players! It reached a launch CCU Peak of 60, 274 players nearly...

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Conflicted on Deathloop. The core game absolutely deserves it, but I've heard horror stories of it performing on PC.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
3rd week with Tales charting on these (first time was pre orders), showing great legs for a jrpg.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't game on PC so I don't follow these Steam charts, but I'm invested in Tales' success. Is this good? Seems like it.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Super Happy for Deathloop. It seem that I have been lucky because I didn't have any bugs or crashes at all.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Hope New World drops onto Amazon Luna. Looks cool but not super into MMOs so hesitant to drop 60$ on it, plus my PC would cry trying to run it. Will try it for sure on Luna if it comes

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Super happy for Arkane :)
I hope they break the loop of releasing cult classics that too few people actually buy.

Deleted member 98338

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 11, 2021
So I don't game on PC so I don't follow these Steam charts, but I'm invested in Tales' success. Is this good? Seems like it.

Its a great game. Doing great Sales wise and reviews

3rd week with Tales charting on these (first time was pre orders), showing great legs for a jrpg.

its a decent hold , legs usually come into play on 3rd, 4th Week onwards.

Without numbers difficult to say anything

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Whatever the problems, I'm glad Deathloop is selling well (at least relatively). Deathloop and Tales being successes would be great stories this month.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Is it really? In that case I might just pull the trigger. Surprised they're only putting it at 40, isn't it a big AAA MMO?
First entry from Amazon (not counting that one game that got pulled) and it's with no f2p aspect means they can't really argue $60 in value to put aside risk. They're taking the guild wars approach it seems. Plus it's Amazon the can subsidize it a bit

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
Deathloop looks like it's continuing Arkane sales trend on Steam:

image.png

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tales is killing it. Hopefully they don't take as long to upgrade the game to PS5 level this gen.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I thought Deathloop was an EGS exclusive. Anyway, great for Arkane and the Tales team, both games deserve their success.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Bamco has killing it recently with Scarlett Nexus and now Tales. I've been saying this for years, but Bamco has been the most consistent publisher for the past 15 years. They've built a fairly diverse portfolio for themselves.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
3 consecutive weeks in the top 10 globally and in the top 2 for 2 consecutive weeks is outstanding as compared to past tales releases on STEAM. This one is a juggernaut in comparison.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Another shit PC version selling well. Nothing will change.
Still happy for the Genre, because we need more immersive sims. And Arkane is great. But they really need to patch up things ASAP.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
It's doing pretty well and if this keeps up maybe it even even reach 200k units sold on PC within it's first month and that's pretty dang good especially when you consider how on average the Final Fantasy games on PC from what I remember will typically sell something like 400k-500k copies in their life time (with FFVII being the only one to sell over 1 million on PC I think, if you don't include the MMOs)

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Poor True Colors. :( I don't expect it to chart until it gets its first price drop to $40 or so.
True Colors charted last week. It was #9.

However it would be higher if Arise's preorders and post-launch purchases were included together, Arise took 3 spots last week due to Base Game, Preorders and Ultimate Edition all being separate SKUs. The same goes for True Colors, lots of people were buying Ultimate and Deluxe so the sales got split.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Another shit PC version selling well. Nothing will change.
Still happy for the Genre, because we need more immersive sims. And Arkane is great. But they really need to patch up things ASAP.
It does seem to have sold well but that might change within the next week and it drops a lot. Based off the chart that some one shared it seems that it's peak was only 20k or so and that's despite the hand only being on 2 platforms. Meanwhile Tales of Arise was doing 60k.

The peak seemed to have been from release date which is not always a good thing, because a games popularity is what usually help it's reach its peak by the weekend.

A possibility is that the game may have actually sold pretty well but people are golf off on playing it in case of fixes and so that they can refund the game.

Is it possible that it could have sold even better but the bad port is keeping people away but the ones that are still playing the game (since it's been at a 15k-20k average without major changes since release) and those 16k or so people are the ones that not having major issues with the game (performance wise). So there is still a sizeable amount of people that's aren't seeing performance issues?

Im guessing that if the port was very bad and that more than half of the people playing it were all having issues that after the first week we would not be seeing it chart again.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I would buy Deathloop as I really like Arkane games, mainly Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah, Dishonored and Prey but I can't support a game with Denuvo.. hopefully they completely drop it in the future

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
And only got a third of the CCU of the previous release (ToA) the week before.
And the peak was on Release day, so early adopter/preorder peak, the mentioned issues could have played the part in the current numbers, so maybe PC gamers DO care about port quality.

Nov 2, 2017
It's doing pretty well and if this keeps up maybe it even even reach 200k units sold on PC within it's first month and that's pretty dang good especially when you consider how on average the Final Fantasy games on PC from what I remember will typically sell something like 400k-500k copies in their life time (with FFVII being the only one to sell over 1 million on PC I think, if you don't include the MMOs)
200k seems way too low of an estimate for something with a 60k CCU peak.