• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Gets updated every Sunday and is ranked by revenue, not by unit sales.

List Publishing Date: Sun, 30th Aug 2020:
  1. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
  2. Control: Ultimate Edition
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator
  4. New World
  5. Among Us
  6. Wasteland 3
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator
  8. New World
  9. Crusader Kings III
  10. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Of The Year Edition
In comparison to this, here's last week(August 23rd)'s List:

www.resetera.com

Steam's Weekly Global Top 10 Sellers, by Revenue, for the Week ending Aug. 23rd. #1. Fall Guys #2. MS Flight Sim #3. MS Flight Sim Sales

Gets updated every Sunday and is ranked by revenue, not by unit sales. List Publishing Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020: Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Microsoft Flight Simulator Microsoft Flight Simulator Among Us Fall Guys: Collectors Pack Risk Of Rain 2 NBA 2K20 Rogue Legacy 2 Grand Theft Auto V...

Note: The reason why you see Microsoft Flight Simulator and New World on 4 out of the 10 rankings is because both have one of the entries as the pre-purchase package stored in Steam's DB and the other is the post release package. Same games but still differentiated by Valve and MS. This is common.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tons of people are talking about among us lately, I thought it was a new release, but according to steam it came in 2018?

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Tons of people are talking about among us lately, I thought it was a new release, but according to steam it came in 2018?
Yes and because of it popularity and how it would be a lot easier to just make a new game rather than update the current version that is what the devs are currently working on.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Having 3 games in the top 10 on Steam, MSFT should stop releasing their first-party games on PC. It makes no sense to have them there and Gamepass because no one will buy them. What a dumb thing to do.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Control doing well. If it's revenue based then they knocked it out of the park with the lower sale price.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Please keep this up OP. Surprised CS:GO isn't on the list. It's also nice seeing Flight Simulator get all this success.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I believe that its that person's attempt at sarcasm.

Please keep this up OP. Surprised CS:GO isn't on the list. It's also nice seeing Flight Simulator get all this success.

Thanks, I intend on keeping this up as it doesn't require a whole lot of effort. I just hope that i can remember doing this every week LOL. Also... CS: GO went F2P so I don't think you'll see it on the global top sellers list ever but it makes a lot of revenue and has a lot of players as its the top most played game on steam concurrently.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having 3 games in the top 10 on Steam, MSFT should stop releasing their first-party games on PC. It makes no sense to have them there and Gamepass because no one will buy them. What a dumb thing to do.
It's working out just fine (most successful Xbox have been on PC). What are you talking about?
Subs are priority, sales are a nice bonus.

Edit,: Ok you were being sarcastic, never mind :)

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
So great to see MS Flight Sim (listed twice!) and CK3 chart.

Two more days for CK. Can't wait.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Surprised Control is doing well, that's good. I still don't get why Fall Guys is so popular at least from what I saw of it?

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I believe that its that person's attempt at sarcasm.

Thanks, I intend on keeping this up as it doesn't require a whole lot of effort. I just hope that i can remember doing this every week LOL. Also... CS: GO went F2P so I don't think you'll see it on the global top sellers list ever but it makes a lot of revenue and has a lot of players as its the top most played game on steam concurrently.

CS:GO is F2P, this list is only for paid games.

I see, thanks.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
While I'm glad for Remedy about Control doing better, I still hate what 505 is doing regarding the next-gen upgrade.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fall Guys continues to be a once-in-a-few-years phenomenon. Last time I can recall a game doing this well on Steam at launch was PUBG.

Control Ultimate Edition managing #2 in the chart with less than 72 hours on sale underlines that yes, there is absolutely lots of people that are perfectly happy to wait a year and get EGS exclusives on Steam. (The fact that the initial Steam price is basically better than any EGS price for both the base game and the season pass does help, however).

New World is a bit of a surprise, considering Amazon Games' track record and that the game kinda looked meh to me.

Microsoft will be very happy with how Flight Simulator is going, as well as Wasteland 3's initial performance. I suspect we'll see both next week.

Next week: can Crusader Kings 3 take the throne, or will Fall Guys keep their crown?

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
I'm one of the Witcher 3 purchases, my first playthrough with about 4hrs in and loving it so far

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Control Ultimate Edition managing #2 in the chart with less than 72 hours on sale underlines that yes, there is absolutely lots of people that are perfectly happy to wait a year and get EGS exclusives on Steam. (The fact that the initial Steam price is basically better than any EGS price for both the base game and the season pass does help, however).

Yeah, this has been proven over and over. Unfortunately it seems like the perfect strategy is to release first on Epic and then release later on Steam for great profit, which is a detriment to making launcher timed exclusives not a norm on PC.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, this has been proven over and over. Unfortunately it seems like the perfect strategy is to release first on Epic and then release later on Steam for great profit, which is a detriment to making launcher timed exclusives not a norm on PC.

The question is if its worth it to Epic and for how long to keep shilling out for timed exclusives when they only net a small fraction of the overall PC market sales. It can't last indefinitely with the current state of things. But yes, as long as Epic is willing to pay from a developer's point of view it does seem relatively safe to take Epic money for limited exclusivity window.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
It's working out just fine (most successful Xbox have been on PC). What are you talking about?
Subs are priority, sales are a nice bonus.

Edit,: Ok you were being sarcastic, never mind :)
As stated, it's sarcasm. The fact that this was quoted so much given how short this thread is, solidifies the point of how dumb it is for people to say that MSFT's strategy isn't working for them.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some Twitch streamers started playing it, and I think it started getting popular after that.

Basically like everyone in my group of friends picked it up and we've been playing it every night for the past like 2 weeks.

It's a pretty poorly made game, and I don't know if the devs are doing anything to account for its recent success basically blowing up the game's servers beyond working on a sequel.

I hope the sequel works out for them, but I feel like people will be burnt out on this by then and it might take some Twitch streamers playing it in order to make it popular again.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, InXile is the publisher of the PC versions? I thought it was Deep Silver

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The fact Fall Guys has managed to stick to the first place despite all the new games coming out is impressive. Amazing success, and I can see it sticking to the top 10 until the end of the year if they keep a steady cadence of new content.

Talking about sticking to the top 10, I know this is old news at this point, but the fact Sea of Thieves spent 2 months straight in the top 10 is amazing. Few games manage to stay that long in the top 10 without dropping off.

Good debuts for Control, New World and Wasteland 3. If this was a year that didn't have Fall Guys Control would be at the #1 spot already.

And people seem to be really digging Flight Simulator. Good since that game is amazing.

First time hearing about Among Us tbh. Game is dirt cheap so it's a easy buy.