• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just anecdotal, but I only wishlist games after they're out to check up on sales. I never do upcoming games for whatever reason, just my internal organizing.

Of the list, Doom is way at the top. I still get in a few levels of Doom '16 arcade now and then. Had to play it a little last week after seeing the new trailer to satiate the thirst.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least we can be sure the top three won't be removed from Steam by Epic.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wasnt The Outer Worlds an EGS exclusive (And Gamepass for being a MS owned studio game)

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is Outer Worlds shaping up to be good? I remember just before E3 Jeff Gerstmann was saying that game was doing cool things, but he couldn't say more before the NDA expired. I never followed up with his impressions.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I never played Halo, so I'm looking forward to it on steam.

Planet Zoo was a nice surprise.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 3 MP on PC will be glorious.
giphy.gif

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
EGS doesn't have mod support right? Was thinking about getting outer worlds on PC but if it's on game pass and EGS has no modding (I fucking hate inventory limits in obsidian games lol), I may wait for steam

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Huh. I forgot about GTFO. I wonder if they'll show something at Gamescom.

I have a feeling Atomic Heart is not going to make 2019 either.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Reminds me I should update my wishlist. Mine's pretty much exactly the same, lol.

Never played Halo but I have a friend who's insisting I get that with him, so I'm vicariously excited for that too

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to Halo, I loved the first game in particular but the OG was my only Xbox console to date so I missed out on the series after 2.

It's difficult to motivate me to buy systems just for exclusives these days but I'm still excited when certain ones get ported over even if it's many years later. I was very happy when Dead Rising 1 got that super late port after a long time being 360 exclusive.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I keep commenting in "that" thread about MCC hype and I just get completely ignored lol.

People saying Halo is not nearly as popular as it used to be is not the same as saying it's dead. The games directly below MCC on this list aren't necessarily expected or likely to be sales behemoths, so it's difficult to gauge just how popular MCC will actually be on PC. Doom for example took over a year to sell 2m copies on PC, I can't imagine Doom Eternal will sell markedly better. Hell, I'm not actually even sure what Vampires Bloodlines is, but that's no doubt down to my own ignorance and lack of coverage on the game. It'd be interesting to know how well the first game sold, but unfortunately I don't have any figures and couldn't find any with a quick search.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I use isthereanydeal for wishlisting now instead and just follow button games on Steam (for announcements posted there) but I would at least have Halo and Cyberpunk on there out of that top five if I did.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
People saying Halo is not nearly as popular as it used to be is not the same as saying it's dead. The games directly below MCC on this list aren't necessarily expected or likely to be sales behemoths, so it's difficult to gauge just how popular MCC will actually be on PC. Doom for example took over a year to sell 2m copies on PC, I can't imagine Doom Eternal will sell markedly better. Hell, I'm not actually even sure what Vampires Bloodlines is, but that's no doubt down to my own ignorance and lack of coverage on the game. It'd be interesting to know how well the first game sold, but unfortunately I don't have any figures and couldn't find any with a quick search.
Bruh I never said halo 3 levels of hype based ONE thing, those games are still brand new games compared to 20+ year old games... that should tell you something. Old games being on the most wanted list over games like eternal and others is big and the hype for it is just a testament to that. It's idoitic to think based off unreleased games = achieving the same success it once had, all we can go on is hype, which was the entirety of that thread, my argument is that there IS genuine hype for almost everything halo. You got a halo tv show coming out, halo MCC hitting every pc storefront and gamepass, halo Infinite launching with scarlet and doing the EXACT thing with wide release over many platforms... they're clearly setting up for a halo renaissance. Whether that means former success or not, it's clearly still popular.

Nov 1, 2017
More Halo is something a lot of PC fans have wanted for years and seldom got so it can explain why it's so high up even as the franchise has declined . The other games are easy to understand why are so wanted as they are.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
My list has 3/5 top wishlisted games.

xPdH3A9.jpg