• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/3737361949648622380

Stuff like

Interesting tidbits:

Many first Steam releases on the list​

One trend that didn't change this month is that of new developers finding success when bringing their first product to Steam. We're excited to welcome 10 development teams on this month's list who are launching their very first product on Steam. Some of these teams have worked together for years, bringing games to other devices or platforms, while others are working together for the first time.

2010 was a long time ago​

Finally, it's not very often that we get the opportunity to take a look back at an entire decade and reflect on how much has changed. For those who are nostalgic, curious or even looking for a classic game to explore, we thought we'd look at the top games debuting in January 2010 (sorted by release date). The list for January 2010 is quite different from our normal format, as it contains just 11 games, which happens to be every single game that released on Steam that month. Of these 11 games, only three of them would have charted on today's Top 20.

Full list:

1. 部落与弯刀 / Sands of Salzaar
    汉家松鼠 Han-Squirrel Studio (China)​
  2. 港詭實錄 / Paranormal HK
    Ghostpie Studio (China)​
  3. SUPER ROBOT WARS X
    B.B.STUDIO CO.,LTD. (Japan)​
  4. GemCraft - Frostborn Wrath
    Game in a Bottle (Hungary)​
  5. Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX
    KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. (Japan)​
  6. Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky DX
  7. Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea DX
  8. some some convenience store 썸썸 편의점
    TALESSHOP Co., Ltd. (Republic of Korea)​
  9. DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT
    CyberConnect2 Co. Ltd. (Japan)​
  10. ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS XIV
  11. DEEEER Simulator: Your Average Everyday Deer Game
    NASPAPA GAMES (Japan)​
  12. Temtem
    Crema (Spain)​
  13. Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
    AQUAPLUS (Japan)​
  14. The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
    Skydance Interactive (US)​
  15. Commandos 2 - HD Remaster
    Yippee! Entertainment (UK) Pyro Studios (Spain)​
  16. Warhammer Underworlds: Online
    Steel Sky Productions (Australia)​
  17. Coffee Talk
    Toge Productions (Indonesia)​
  18. The Pedestrian
    Skookum Arts (US)​
  19. Astellia
    Studio 8 (Republic of Korea)​
  20. Not For Broadcast
    NotGames (UK)​

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Good on Temtem...

But do I see Saints & Sinners? Really happy to see it doing well as... well.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I would not have expected an FMV game to be up there. (Not For Broadcast, an Early Access title.)

Grats to them.

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
I have Paranormal HK on my wishlist. The Kowloon Walled City was a fascinating place and though the game looks like it has some issues I think I'll pick it up at some point just to experience the setting.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
The Pedestrian peaked my interest a while ago, glad to see it doing well in sales. On my wishlist currently, i'll probably get around to it in a couple months

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atelier Ayesha, really? Gonna have to check that one out, i loved Ryza (which was my first atelier game)

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Hugely important to highlight something Steam seems to do regularly:

If you've followed our previous posts, you know that we like to highlight the developers who are creating these awesome products. Every month, it's remarkable to see how diverse the representation of developers is from around the world. In the past six months alone, top releases were developed in more than 30 different countries across six continents. This diversity ensures that no matter where players live, it's easy to find games with familiar language use, regional pop culture references, local themes & settings and all sorts of other variety that simply wouldn't exist if developers were all from one region. January's new releases brought a surprising amount of content from one region in particular. More than half of January's top releases were developed in Asia, with eight titles coming from Japanese development teams.