• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I seriously doubt that the Hollow Knight devs have a to-the-day release date for something over a year away.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I somehow doubt HK: Silksong is that far away is it? That seems too long a time from announcement to release considering what we've seen so far

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
That sounds like a good date for The Outer Worlds. Not too close to a swarm of other AAA games.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Apparently SteamDB is acting crazy and it is actually leaking various release dates for upcoming games, probably some are placeholder or actual release dates.

Hollow Knight Silksong is listed for June 12th 2020
The Outer Worlds is coming August 6th 2019
Biomutant release date is July 1st 2019
Desperados III is listed for September 30 2019

August for outer worlds? I don't know I was thinking this would be a title that could be out in September or so before the end of the year

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really looking foward to desperados after how good shadow tactics was.

I hope the can hit that date.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Outer Worlds in August would be amazing for me. Team Cherry should take all the time it takes them for Silksong.

Desperados III in September would give me maybe enough time to finally start Shadow Tactics.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i think it is pretty obvious that hollow knight date is a place holder that may change drastically at this point.

i would believe the outer worlds date, makes a lot of sense and sounds like a good date

july 1st and sept 30th are mondays so they are likely placeholder.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I somehow doubt HK: Silksong is that far away is it? That seems too long a time from announcement to release considering what we've seen so far

People were wondering why the trailer released the next day after the Nintendo direct. The Direct was talking about games releasing this year aside from Rune Factory 5 which was a tease bundled with RF4 remastered.

It should've been obvious a few hours later when they did a stream discussing the scope of Silksong that this was a game slated for next year at the earliest.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i didn't expect silk song to make it in 2019 so 2020 makes sense, but weird that they have the release date nailed to the day so far in advance.

One year of exclusivity. :D It comes June 12th 2019 to the Epic Store. ;)
if there's one dev that i'm sure won't fall for the epic exclusivity money hat, it's team cherry. plus they said in their announcement video it's coming to steam.

i wouldn't say it's surprising. hollow knight was a MASSIVE game with a lot of content, and i expect they want to 1 up themselves with silksong, so what we've seen in the trailer is probably just a small portion of all the content the final game is going to have.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Summer is looking pretty good.

Don't mind too much if Silksong is a next-year release. There's a lot coming out to keep myself occupied till then.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Looks like Valve reverted the change and removed the release date field.

I grabbed a list of release dates that were in the future, here's a list: https://gist.github.com/xPaw/872aae9f5276770af1e11b0f2ff84a2b

EDIT: I think they only removed it for unreleased or hidden on store games.
numbersmasonimage.png

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Sound like placeholders, no way Team Cherry has a specific date so far in what might be a next-year release.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Team Cherry makes a good game, but they work slowly. The wait for Hollow Knight on Switch was painful but worth it. June of next year for Silksong sounds about right (probably will be even later than that though)

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
That Hollow Knight release date is probably a guess. There's no way Team Cherry set an internal release date that far out.

Jul 20, 2018
It's a typo June 12 is right in the middle of E3 and they're shadow dropping it baby.

/s but it is worth noting that Hollow Knight launched on June 12 2018

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
If Silksong is still almost a year and a half out, I wonder how much longer than that the console ports will take. :(

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean...unless Team Cherry GREATLY expanded their development team (it was only 3 guys), it was always a given Silksong would be a 2020/2021 release.