• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
A side question : is it against the terms to have two steam accounts? Some years ago I was faced with a growing list of keys from bundles and stuff (even after giving away dozens of keys) so I just registered a new account to register duplicates. I've never read anything from steam against it (and now have over 2000 games on my second account :S)

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
A side question : is it against the terms to have two steam accounts? Some years ago I was faced with a growing list of keys from bundles and stuff (even after giving away dozens of keys) so I just registered a new account to register duplicates. I've never read anything from steam against it (and now have over 2000 games on my second account :S)
No, you're fine.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
$12 (Standard Edition) for Rainbow Six Siege is a steal. It's a historical lowest price. Don't miss out if you're interested.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
There are 823 games just on your wishlist? When I was 15, there weren't 823 games that had been released ever. If you gave me an infinite amount of money, I couldn't identify 823 games I wanted. I honestly find it hard to believe that 823 games exist right now that can be bought as part of some carefully curated list. I am utterly flabbergasted at your post.

With isthereanydeal.com it is in one's best interest to toss anything that even vaguely interests you onto the wish list so you can get updates on any sales across all the dealers. There's stuff that has been on there for a looooong time, most of it I never think about. I can't imagine not utilizing it to its fullest extent!

Sounds like a total waste of infinite money. Give the money to me instead so I can purchase and enjoy the 2,200 games on my wishlist.

This guy wishlists!

Last edited:

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Is Edith Finch any good? 10 bucks for 3 hour walking sim seems a bit pricey, 5 bucks sure but 10 is kinda pushing it.

There's one chapter that's pretty fantastic, but I thought I didn't care for the game besides that. It's an extremely linear path throughout a house, that you would have wanted to be able to explore like in Gone Home.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
My first ever Steam sale which is fairly exciting. I think I'm going to pounce on both Dead Space 1&2 for $4.99 each, Bayonetta @ $8.49 & maybe Black Mesa as I'm really liking the HL2 update.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Can anyone pitch me a small game or two that they'd really like to see get some more support? I haven't had much time to game this year with a new baby, so I figure I might as well spend a bit of that budget here at the end of the year on stuff that deserves more attention. Bonus if it's a smaller game that I could actually play through easily.

Already picked up Obra Din and GRIS.

sandworms

Oct 7, 2018
The only game on my wishlist I was hoping would be on sale was Obra Dinn, but it isn't, I'm torn, I want to get it and play it before I listen to the goty podcasts I listen to, because I think they will definitely spoil the game, but I also have been spending way too damn much money on games lately.
I'm in the same ship. I'm pretty sure Giant Bomb is going to spoil the hell out of it on several different occasions during their 30 or so hours of goty podcasts, but I guess I'll just fast forward through them. They've already said way too much about it for my liking anyway.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
anyone else having problems buying anything off steam? I keep getting transaction errors before the purchase screen :(

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, what would you recommend?

It's been a while since I've kept up but if you're curious about the game, just the get the standard edition. It's only a couple bucks more expensive than the starter edition but without the added grind. There's a chart on the steam page that outlines the difference between the different editions but basically it's,

Gold = Game + third season pass
Complete = Game + all three season passes

where the season passes are a bunch of operators that you can otherwise buy separately in game or with real money.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Get the Standard Edition. Other editions have season pass(instantly unlocked DLC operators) and cosmetics. Starter edition is garbage.

It's been a while since I've kept up but if you're curious about the game, just the get the standard edition. It's only a couple bucks more expensive than the starter edition but without the added grind. There's a chart on the steam page that outlines the difference between the different editions but basically it's,

Gold = Game + third season pass
Complete = Game + all three season passes

where the season passes are a bunch of operators that you can otherwise buy separately in game or with real money.
Cool thanks

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What's up with that winter cottage thing? I clicked a door yesterday, got 3 items. Nothing opens today and it says come back Dec 24th, but it also says below that you can open a door each day.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with that winter cottage thing? I clicked a door yesterday, got 3 items. Nothing opens today and it says come back Dec 24th, but it also says below that you can open a door each day.

You need to wait for the store to update (at 1pm EST, or in ~1.5 hours from now) for it to count as the next day.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Steam days start at 7pm, main european timeline (so 6pm Greenwhich). In about 1h you should be able to open the new window and get three extra cards by going through your discovery queue.

Also, go through your discovery queue now if you havent yet to get the three daily cards! (you get one each time you go through it so you have to go through it three times in total).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Steam days start at 7pm, main european timeline (so 6pm Greenwhich). In about 1h you should be able to open the new window and get three extra cards by going through your discovery queue.

Also, go through your discovery queue now if you havent yet to get the three daily cards! (you get one each time you go through it so you have to go through it three times in total).
Thanks, I just did that after your note.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The Mummy Demastered, Iconoclasts, Owlboy, Shantae series, Death's Gambit, Chasm, Timespinner, Strider, Yoku's Island Express, Castle in the Darkness. So many good metroidvanias on sale. Can any recommend the standouts from these?

Strider: stylish, slighty more linear than most Metroidvanias
Mummy Demastered, really solid despite being technically based on the dumb Tom Cruise mummy movie. (by Wayforward who also do the Shantae games.)
Shantae, very good, probably start with Pirate's Curse
Owlboy, Great spritework and music, decent game.
Timespinner, very Symphony of the Night inspired specifically
Yoku's Island Express, mixes pinball with metroidvania. pretty chill vibes
Castle in the Darkness, a bit more retro, sorta Maze of Galious styled.
Chasm, procedurally generated levels probably not for everyone.
Death's Gambit, more of a 2D take on the Souls games, was buggy on release.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I picked up the KOF XIV Ultimate Pack when it was 75% off, which was right before the Steam Winter Sale.

I didn't know 2B was already out for Soul Calibur VI, might end up getting the Deluxe Version sometime this holiday weekend.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of bullshit that consoles have had Hitman 2 on sale for $30 this month and here we are getting $42
Here in the UK we don't even get a decent price on consoles. While it's $30 on US XBL, it's £38.99 here. WB prices are laughable in general in the UK, which is why I don't buy their games digitally any more.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I should probably pick up Deus Ex: MD for $4.50. Prey and Dishonored 2 are also on my list, but I wouldn't mind waiting for a bigger sale. Performance worries me for D2 (gtx 970 still).

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
GMG was cheaper for me for quite a few games with their VIP stacking code. I think a few games may be at all time lows with the stacking discount.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else unable to hit 'Purchase For Myself' at the cart screen? Tried restarting Steam and everything.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I really want to get sunset overdrive but its hard to justify it when it has no multiplayer and shoddy PC settings.

Something like Mothergunship is cheaper too.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
What's the consensus on Arkham knight? It's only $4.99.

It's worth it for $5, but I really do hate all the Batmobile combat, and it prevents me from replaying it, when I've replayed all the other games multiple times. The story is also silly by comic book game standards. :D Still, the on foot combat is what you'd expect (fun), the city is absolutely gorgeous, and you feel like Batman, gliding around and punching people in the face.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Elite is one of those games that can be both a terrible game and one of the best games of all time depending on the player. It depends on your tastes and what you come to a game for, there's very little in the way of structure, it's up to you to decide what you want to do in this absurdly vast and empty galaxy. I spent my first year with it strictly doing combat missions (the game has THE best flight model and dog fight mechanics out there.) Then I embraced the exploration aspect of it.

There's something really special about the simple act of flying in this game that I think is still best captured by this video

(every time I see it I have to re-install the game) it's very old and the game has had a TON of shit added to it since, but I still think it perfectly captures the ED experience. On paper it's nothing really special, a tutorial mission for how to travel from station to station, ship takes off stops in an asteroid field, collides with one, loses oxygen and arrives at it's destination before life support runs out. Pretty straight forward, but watching it is a different experience, full screen it and really sit through the whole thing, if it scratches an itch you didn't know you had, it's absolutely the game for you, .

Everything here about ED is true. However, if you don't embrace combat or are good at it, it will be tough sledding in the long run. Evading pirates can be very frustrating and the cost of losing your ship and being in the red (financially) is very frustrating.

But still, worth the experience. Just the amount of things you have to do to un-dock and leave a station...it feels incredible. They do a good job of making space flight and the human logistics of it feel as it probably will be IRL a few hundred years from now. They could literally make a game solely around un-docking, flying somewhere, and docking there.

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else unable to hit 'Purchase For Myself' at the cart screen? Tried restarting Steam and everything.

I've been stuck on a transaction for over 30 minutes. The games are already displayed in my library, but I can't play them because steam seems unable to verify / complete the transaction.

Edit: Ridiculously enough, the titles in question are still in my shopping cart, but I can no longer buy them for myself, because I already own them.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What's the consensus on Arkham knight? It's only $4.99.
Just speaking about the PS4 version here, if you liked the previous Arkham games it's a no-brainer. The movement and combat is the best in the series, and the batmobile is fantastic. The worst issues are there's too much instances of required (bosses) and optional (challenges) content which require use of the batmobile-tank, which gets repetitive. The dlc is good too, though short. So that's a ton of quality gaming for super cheap.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty telling that the conversation in the last couple years worth of steam sale threads ends up tilting often towards deals on other platforms.

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty telling that the conversation in the last couple years worth of steam sale threads ends up tilting often towards deals on other platforms.
I used to buy a shit load of games at each sale. I don't know if I've turned into a penny pincher or what, but I can't remember the last time I bought anything during these Steam sales now. We're going on at least 2 years.

Can anyone pitch me a small game or two that they'd really like to see get some more support? I haven't had much time to game this year with a new baby, so I figure I might as well spend a bit of that budget here at the end of the year on stuff that deserves more attention. Bonus if it's a smaller game that I could actually play through easily.

Already picked up Obra Din and GRIS.
Moonlighter is on sale today for $13.99. Absolutely fantastic game. It's essentially an action-RPG with roguelike elements. You go into dungeons, murder bad guys as you go down levels, and eventually fight some bosses. What makes it super awesome is that you aren't only a warrior---you're a shop keep! So you take all your loot, go into town, and put it up for sale at your shop. You set the prices, and folks in town will react to things being too expensive or too cheap. Folks might even try to steal your stuff like jerks. You can upgrade your shop to make it larger, and the town itself. For someone with a kid, it is a great pick because it is easy to pick up and play for really short bursts.