• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
As of 10:04 PM my time and 10: 04 AM Pacific USA Time, this is where its at:

vrznBNJ.png

For comparison with Recent AAA, Full priced games, here are some of the launch day concurrent Steam Peaks:
  • DOOM Eternal: 104,891
  • Resident Evil 3: 60,293
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition: 56,557
  • Half Life: Alyx(VR Only): 42,858
  • DEATH STRANDING: 32,515
Note: The game is also available on Game Pass for PC and on the Microsoft Windows 10 Store for purchase.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty pumped (as pumped as you can be for a flight simulator) to try it this evening. Then, Battletoads comes in a day or two. Credit where it's due, Microsoft has a nice slate of games for 2020.

Klokwerk

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, with my 6.6 MB/s connection, I cried a little bit inside when I saw it had to download 90 GB. :(

I'll play in 2021, unless the guy who brought fiber to the rest of the village finally moves his ass and brings it to my street. Basically been waiting for 2 years, it kills me.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Steam is on a roll, pc gaming is continuing to rise

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
awesome. Can't wait to play once it finishes installing
After it finished downloading, all buttons were greyed out for me so I couldnt play. Tried reinstalling and now I cant even get it to install anymore, giving it a 50% steam rating and a 2/5 windows store rating. This game is the worst argument for PC gaming in a long time.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
You know what blows my mind is that the Source SDK Base MP 2013 is not a small indie. That's FiveM at almost 100K players .

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And it's not even released in China right? Insane, I wonder what the numbers would be if it was released there too

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda also underlines how much of a phenomenon Fall Guys is, given that it's sandwiching Flight Simulator at the top of the Steam Global Top Sellers (with the Collector's Edition of Fall Guys now 4th, behind two versions of MFS, with the regular edition still holding onto the crown).

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Wish I could play it but my PC is old, my internet sucks, and I don't have space for the game

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Yes, with my 6.6 MB/s connection, I cried a little bit inside when I saw it had to download 90 GB. :(

I'll play in 2021, unless the guy who brought fiber to the rest of the village finally moves his ass and brings it to my street. Basically been waiting for 2 years, it kills me.
6.6MB/s (bytes) or 6.6Mb/s (bits)? Because to former should take at most like 5 hours.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I bought it on steam even though I have game pass. Avoids problems with using a steam controller and also hate having to deal with the file system for game pass games. Very happy with the game. It's so immersive when you get comfortable with the controls

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Nice! I'm really close to pulling the trigger, but I have some reservations because of the launcher that it comes with.

I bought it on steam even though I have game pass. Avoids problems with using a steam controller and also hate having to deal with the file system for game pass games. Very happy with the game. It's so immersive when you get comfortable with the controls

Hey, maybe you can answer a question then: After MSFS 2020 is installed, is there a "normal" folder in your steamapps folder that contains the game code and assets? It doesn't use the Windows Store, right?

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
After it finished downloading, all buttons were greyed out for me so I couldnt play. Tried reinstalling and now I cant even get it to install anymore, giving it a 50% steam rating and a 2/5 windows store rating. This game is the worst argument for PC gaming in a long time.
That sounds more like an issue happening on your end, I haven't heard of anyone else having that issue.

Calling it "the worst argument for PC gaming in a long time." is pretty disingenuous.

Toma

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds more like an issue happening on your end, I haven't heard of anyone else having that issue.

Calling it "the worst argument for PC gaming in a long time." is pretty disingenuous.
There is a reason the game is downvoted to hell and back. Its not working for a huge number of people. There is nothing disingenious about it. Its an incredibly shitty installation process with fatal bugs left and right and people should be aware of it.

I read at least 20 people in this forum alone who spent hours trying to get it to work and couldnt do it.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
I just wish they could get their shit together on PC downloads/launchers, lot of negative reviews hurting the game right now because of launch day issues. Now I will say that seems to be the trend with most PC releases recently, but still not a good look.

I'm sitting at 31.4/91.4 GB right now and just hoping this thing finishes.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
There is a reason the game is downvoted to hell and back. Its not working for a huge number of people. There is nothing disingenious about it. Its an incredibly shitty installation process with fatal bugs out left and right and people should be aware of it.
This happens every time with big launches.

There are bugs, the game gets panned on steam. I'm sure they'll fix it.

Not saying give everything a free pass, but there are few launches in previous memory that haven't had these kind of issues.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, everything else I can overlook, but unintentionally making the download time count towards the refund clock is a big no-no.

Toma

Oct 25, 2017
This happens every time with big launches.

There are bugs, the game gets panned on steam. I'm sure they'll fix it.

Not saying give everything a free pass, but there are few launches in previous memory that haven't had these kind of issues.
I know what you mean, but its not that kind of issue, like server overloads or even slow download times. Its just plain broken and cant be installed on a variety of machines. I am doing PC game launches for 20 years now and I have never encountered something as fundamentally broken in the installation process as this. Its a marvel how much they fucked that up to be honest.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I just wish they could get their shit together on PC downloads/launchers, lot of negative reviews hurting the game right now because of launch day issues. Now I will say that seems to be the trend with most PC releases recently, but still not a good look.

Tbh, this only happened with HZD in recent months. I don't remember a lot of people having launch day issues with AAA releases on PC aside from HZD and this.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Nice! I'm really close to pulling the trigger, but I have some reservations because of the launcher that it comes with.

Hey, maybe you can answer a question then: After MSFS 2020 is installed, is there a "normal" folder in your steamapps folder that contains the game code and assets? It doesn't use the Windows Store, right?
It seems like it, there is definitely a normal folder but you select where it goes I just put it in my steam library. But it shows 95 gb instead of the full 150 gb I read the game is? Im not really sure what happened because the game opens up to its own installer like an old game but as far as I could tell it only put the files where I indicated to put them in the steam folder and in that installer it only said 95 gb too while it was going. Maybe somehow I didn't download all the content. It is a folder that is easily accesed to look at everything in it at least.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
this is such a success story, the people making this game are incredibly talented and full of heart

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
I know what you mean, but its not that kind of issue, like server overloads or even slow download times. Its just plain broken and cant be installed on a variety of machines. I am doing PC game launches for 20 years now and I have never encountered something as fundamentally broken in the installation process as this. Its a marvel how much they fucked that up to be honest.
That's fair enough.

Now that im reading through reviews it seems like there are more issues that I didn't realize were happening. My apologies.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It seems like it, there is definitely a normal folder but you select where it goes I just put it in my steam library. But it shows 95 gb instead of the full 150 gb I read the game is? Im not really sure what happened because the game opens up to its own installer like an old game but as far as I could tell it only put the files where I indicated to put them in the steam folder and in that installer it only said 95 gb too while it was going. Maybe somehow I didn't download all the content. It is a folder that is easily accesed to look at everything in it at least.

Ok, that's encouraging! Thanks!

Maybe there's another folder for the streamed terrain assets that hasn't filled up for you yet.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
Tbh, this only happened with HZD in recent months. I don't remember a lot of people having launch day issues with AAA releases on PC aside from HZD and this.

Fall Guys had horrendous launch day issues due to server load. They did a good job getting them fixed eventually, but they were still there. Seems to be the trend for most major steam launches that the first 1-2 days game will have middling reviews because of server or installation issues, and then will come back to the actual long term rating. Not saying they are all equivalent btw, Fall Guys was definitely better issue wise than HZD or MSFS.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Fall Guys had horrendous launch day issues due to server load. They did a good job getting them fixed eventually, but they were still there. Seems to be the trend for most major steam launches that the first 1-2 days game will have middling reviews because of server or installation issues, and then will come back to the actual long term rating. Not saying they are all equivalent btw, Fall Guys was definitely better issue wise than HZD or MSFS.
Well I don't remember reviews being negative for issues like these for games like Death Stranding, SoT, Resident Evil 3, DOOM Eternal, DB: Kakarot and a few others to this extent tbh so I have to disagree with this 'trend' opinon. Fall Guys having server issues is kinda common for MP heavy games on PC and Consoles tbh for w/e reason unless its a huge company backing it like CoD by activision or Battlefield by EA.

xenonium

Apr 3, 2020
Ok, that's encouraging! Thanks!

Maybe there's another folder for the streamed terrain assets that hasn't filled up for you yet.

I believe that's correct, that the 95 is the game, and then there's a configurable size streamed content file.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah my launcher crashed 3 times and then got stuck on please wait for hours. Still trying to get this working.