• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
9eLMDdh.png

At 91, 569 Concurrent Players Right now and still going up.

Shock for me honestly, considering these types of games don't do this HUGE. Congrats to Paradox i guess?

This figure should easily mean that its pretty much guaranteed to sell 1M+ in a few days time if it already hasn't done so already.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see it doing so well, loved CK2. Excited to play this later on tonight.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Not surprised at all. PC gamers love Paradox despite the fact that you have to sell some of your organs to get all DLCs.

Glad to see such a success.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
That's a new record for PDS-developed games, finally surpassing Stellaris's 69k or so if you ignore the CK2 free weekend.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Can anyone explain why when I think of Crusader Kings I have a game similiar looking to Age of Empires in my head? Is there a game name Crusaders something that looks more like Age of Empires?

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
It's also #1 and #2 on the Steam global charts. Pretty big deal with how amazingly successful Fallguys has been.

Seems like a massive (and well-earned) success for PDS.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Really pleased for Paradox, definitely can't say they are without fault as a dev however....if you told me back in the EU3 days when I first started to get into their games that they would one day be enjoying this kind of success I would have been pretty shocked.

Good that it hasn't led to heavily sacrificing the depth in their games either.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Shock for me honestly, considering these types of games don't do this HUGE. Congrats to Paradox i guess?

Crusader Kings II had/has a surprisingly large, very hardcore fanbase. CK2 is where Paradox made all their money.

Can anyone explain why when I think of Crusader Kings I have a game similiar looking to Age of Empires in my head?

Nothing like Age of Empires. Combat is not a big focus -- it's all about intrigue, role-playing, and management.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
As a CK2 vet, I got around 2 hours in today and am blown away so far.

I expect the positive reviews & WoM to drive those numbers up.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not playing on steam, but anecdotally, I'm somebody with effectively zero experience with strategy games of almost any sort, and I'm playing this

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Anyone have a recommendation on a good intro video to Crusader Kings 3 for newbies? I saw Paradox's official "Introducing" series but the narrator talks over things too fast for me to really understand what's going on.