• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Steam-26-M-CCU.png

Edit: It ended at 26,401,586 CCU it seems.

Last edited:

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
Insane how steam keeps growing, also EA gotta be kicking themself for not putting Apex on steam a long time ago...

Also good to see that the indie game Valheim hit 95k peak today

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
What is this grandma joke I'm missing?

A long time ago when steam ccu numbers were being compared to console numbers, some would argue that it's not accurate because they set up their grandmas laptop and installed steam and now it auto starts with the computer. There must have been millions of pcs set up like this - is how the argument went.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, it's not grandmas, it's prankster uncles.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Those are some crazy Counterstrike numbers, wow. That train just won't stop.

How many grandmas and prankster uncles though
Guys, it's not grandmas, it's prankster uncles.
Ooh, I knew the grandmas reference but this is a new part to me. Apparently peoples' uncles are putting Steam on computers as a joke too? (Pretty soon everyone's entire extended family are going to be padding the stats :P)

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
What are these references, btw? First time hearing. :D
A section of people in these past steam CCU threads where they would attribute the increase to users who wouldn't know that they had steam launch every time they'd turn on their PC and how their relatives/uncles/grandmas would use that PC too or something gibbrish lol..

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
What are these references, btw? First time hearing. :D

In most concurrent Steam user threads there are always people saying that the record is meaningless because apparently there are hundreds of millions of people that somehow install Steam but never ever use it, including one who said that an uncle of his installed Steam on his PC as a prank.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Super impressive how that Chinese language only game is doing. Really shows how popular Steam is worldwide.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
No wonder so many kids are in my global csgo games. They been beating so many grandmas

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
What mod? I can't believe GTAV is still in the top ten.

most of the players playing the source sdk entry are playing GTA FiveM which is a roleplaying MP mod for GTA 5.

So GTA5's "real" numbers are that + GTA 5 on the list, which is pretty insane. I really hope rockstar does something for the RP community with GTA6.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
one million of a terrible community up there at number one. that game's text chat is an abomination

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
How can that many people be playing CS but yet every server I try to join is mostly bots

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Wish we could get a geographical split for that number.

The Download (% of global share) statistic for today (not 100% indicator for actual users per country)

China 19,8%
US 16,5%
Russia 5,5%
Germany 4,5%
UK 3,3%
Brazil 2,6%
Canada 2,3%
France: 2,1%
South Korea 2,1%
Poland 1,6%
Turkey 1,5%
Japan 1,4%