• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
7qYEwpH.png

Previous thread

www.resetera.com

STEAM sets a new Concurrent Users All-Time PEAK record of nearly 28M CCU just after a month in which it reached 27.2m CCU. PC - Valve

Via the STEAM Stats page: Last All-Time CCU Peak record(27.2M) was reached was reached on the 28th of November, 2021.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit never thought that yu-gi-oh has that big of a following.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
User Warned: Thread Whining
I mean I'm all about Steam, but do we really need a thread each time it moves up a million?

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda low on the list but it's awesome to see Project Zomboid make an appearance.

Top 5 Steam GOAT, imo.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Damn, Civ VI is still putting in work. It's one of those games that I would never play on console, or if I did, I would need M+KB support.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
This list is a bit depressing. Those are mostly old games. I hope new games will find their way to the top too.

Long-Running GaaS Titles have huge playerbases that usually just stick to that one game. CSGO & Dota 2 have probably been up there on the top 2 spots for the last 6 years almost, can't think of a time when that wasn't the case.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised that terraria is STILL on the top lists but then I saw CIV.

WHAT THE FUCK. Didnt realize 4X games were so popular. Thought it was just for niche gamers like me lol

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I am nostalgic for the days when these threads would be filled with people arguing that Steam numbers were vastly inflated filled with old people who got a single game and just never stopped Steam from loading at startup?

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017

WHAT THE FUCK. Didnt realize 4X games were so popular. Thought it was just for niche gamers like me lol

Considering Civ games have been around for over 30 years and are the prime 4x example and staple in the world, yes, it's very popular. They aren't really that niche.

Terraria had a big update in 2021 and it's a damn good game to boot with tons of replayability.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020

Civ FIVE is not that far from making that lisr either. Still over 25k CCU on a daily basis

Klokwerk

Oct 29, 2017
You're an adult, no need to get upset that people are playing the gam they wanna play.

Not sure what the link with me being an adult is, unless my post triggered you for some reason (which is ironic considering your post). Of course they can play what they want lol.

The point is the gaming world is healthier when new games get played and can replace older ones.

For us gamers it means new projects will find easier financing, which is good for everybody.

Last edited:

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
What happened to Halo Infinite on Steam? Thought it would do really well as a F2P game.
My experience with it as a more casual player: me, my fiance and our two friends tried to give it a fair chance - we repeatedly got destroyed in matches. We do pretty well in games like Overwatch and Warzone, but this just felt like a counter-strike situation where the player base was just on another level completely. It just wasn't fun, it felt stressful and way too difficult with the small team sizes and strict objectives, and the progression system seemed unclear and unrewarding. The big team battle mode just felt too chaotic and random as well. We dropped it after about two weeks after playing a handful of times. We actually had a lot more fun with Split Gate when we used to play that.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
This list is a bit depressing. Those are mostly old games. I hope new games will find their way to the top too.
Service games keep people around which is why publishers keep chasing it. Also the other major games are on their own launcher or Epic rather than Steam. League, Genshin, Fortnite, COD, Warzone, Overwatch, FF14, and Valorant would all likely be up there if they were on steam.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Service games keep people around which is why publishers keep chasing it. Also the other major games are on their own launcher or Epic rather than Steam. League, Genshin, Fortnite, COD, Warzone, Overwatch, FF14, and Valorant would all likely be up there if they were on steam.

FF14 is at Steam

store.steampowered.com

FINAL FANTASY XIV Online on Steam

Join over 27 million adventurers worldwide and take part in an epic and ever-changing FINAL FANTASY. Experience an unforgettable story, exhilarating battles, and a myriad of captivating environments to explore.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017

As a big civ fan I felt kinda proud lol. Didn't realize it was so big too. And actually it's kinda reassuring that popular gaming is not all just shooters lol

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Damn, one million prankster uncles and grandmas installed Steam on their laptops over the holiday bre…wait a minute

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Remember back in like 2007, when PC gaming was legitimately on it's death bed?

Now we get day 1 Microsoft games, Sony games coming, concurrent steam numbers constantly being beat

Good times

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

But like half of these games are less than a year old...

The point is the gaming world is healthier when new games get played and can replace older ones.

For us gamers it means new projects will find easier financing, which is good for everybody.

No, the gaming world is healthier when people are free to choose to play whatever they want regardless of how old it is, not having the "newest thing" thrust upon them.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

Why is it depressing that people are still able to enjoy games that they bought years ago (or maybe they just got into them)? If people are happy with what they're playing that's a win. PC gaming is significantly less driven by the AAA FOMO hype cycle, people actually keep playing games they enjoy instead of treating them as disposable.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

If a new game is good, it will find a way to the top.
But in general, Steam users are not running to the next game just because it is released. And that is good, because of the state most games are released in.

Anyway, new games get a bump on release week, their Genre, quality, type, replayability, and so on determines if they stay longer in the top.