• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.gameinformer.com

Steam Now Offers A NSFW-Specific Game Section

For those with more 'adult' interests, Valve has allocated a special library for NSFW games.

Valve is tinkering around with how its storefront operates and compartmentalized its library for users to enjoy. Among the latest tweaks is the inclusion of an Adult-only NSFW games curator section designed to house mature titles that are not intended for younger audiences.

While a plethora of these game titles are sexual in nature, not every single title included is sex-driven, including a few that are far-reaching into drugs and other more mature themes. That being said, it's an adult section, so expect lots of hentai, tentacles, and the things that memes are made of.

The new section is broken down into many subcategories including Games With Adult DLC, Realistic 3D Models, H (Sex) Scene In-Game, Furry, Gay & BL (Boys Love), Yuri & GL (Girls Love), Series, Daily Promotion, and more. Games creatively called things like "Men Bang" and "Sexena" (I hope you can tell I'm kidding here, but all in good fun) are available to opt into, though clearly meant for those 18 and older.

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I have my terminology mixed up, but why is girls love and boy love in the adult section? I mean it's just gay romance, without the smut (otherwise it would have been called Yaoi/Yuri).

Oct 25, 2017
ewKNwGK.gif

May 19, 2020
game informer desperate for hits i guess because steam curators are not a new feature nor are anime pervert specific ones

Clarification on the new NSFW section

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing about this is that Valve did add an Adult Only sub-page to Steam as of yesterday... but it's only available if you opt-in to the New Browse Views experiment through Steam Labs. (That Adult Only link is not going to work unless you're logged into Steam and have opted into the experiment, and it's obviously NSFW.)

(The experimental view is really nice and should help smaller developers a fair bit with discovery, but that's probably its own thread.)

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing about this is that Valve did add an Adult Only sub-page to Steam as of yesterday... but it's only available if you opt-in to the New Browse Views experiment through Steam Labs. (That Adult Only link is not going to work unless you're logged into Steam and have opted into the experiment, and it's obviously NSFW.)

(The experimental view is really nice and should help smaller developers a fair bit with discovery, but that's probably its own thread.)
can confirm

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This seems to be an article written about a random Curator, not any sort of initiative from Valve

store.steampowered.com

Steam Curator: Adult Only Games

List Games/Videos marked as "Adult Only", Games with "Adult DLC", and those lewd & hentai games. contact: [email protected]

Curators have existed for a while, this is neither new or noteworthy.

Edit: It has come to my attention that while the article linked to the wrong thing, there is indeed a new section by Valve (mentioned in threadmarks). My bad, carry on ~

(But while I'm here, please avoid boys club creepiness if you can, y'all, that'd be great thx )

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
They also made LGBTQ+ and "Female Protagonist" easier to access by being in the main menu of categories under theme:
unknown.png

(Tags had already existed previously with their own category view)