• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
does this one have dedicated servers?

that was my main gripe with vermintide 2 up through winds of magic.

for anyone who hasn't played vermintide 2, it has no dedicated servers, which isn't inherently a problem, until you couple it with the most dogshit "host migration" system i've ever experienced. i use quotation marks because if the host of your game disconnects, you have to restart the map after the host migrates, which feels terrible no matter what, but especially so if you are far into a game.

fatshark said they would have dedicated servers and even put it on a roadmap early in the game's life but they scrapped those plans later. to this day you lose all progress if a host disconnects.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
does this one have dedicated servers?

that was my main gripe with vermintide 2 up through winds of magic.

for anyone who hasn't played vermintide 2, it has no dedicated servers, which isn't inherently a problem, until you couple it with the most dogshit "host migration" system i've ever experienced. i use quotation marks because if the host of your game disconnects, you have to restart the map after the host migrates, which feels terrible no matter what, but especially so if you are far into a game.

fatshark said they would have dedicated servers and even put it on a roadmap early in the game's life but they scrapped those plans later. to this day you lose all progress if a host disconnects.
God only knows. We're not even sure if we've seen real gameplay yet.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
My one major hope with this is that they nail the shooting, because that's surely got to be a much bigger part of it now. The shooting in Vermintide wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special, and the melee combat was where it shined. It's going to be interesting to see how it fares with that being the focus.

I'd also love to see them mix up the levels a bit with some procgen, which they've experimented with before a little.