• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Fight together with your friends against hordes of enemies in this new Warhammer 40,000 experience. From the developers of the best-selling and award-winning co-op action franchise Vermintide, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is a visceral 4-player co-op action game set in the hive city of Tertium.

In the depths of the hive, the seeds of corruption threaten an overwhelming tide of darkness. A heretical cult known as the Admonition seeks to seize control of the planet Atoma Prime and lay waste to its inhabitants. It is up to you and your allies in the Inquisition to root out the enemy before the city succumbs to Chaos.

ss_b92e91edab06a457043b6c0fc5a18ad01465c767.600x338.jpg
ss_efcb5656da29ddae59aaff1a01a32e05223d207b.600x338.jpg
ss_af1041f72b1e8d169caa7fa4f750f8c75f077216.600x338.jpg
ss_88b8ccc93bea02a4257e2cf4e0993d65ba1f68a1.600x338.jpg
ss_f5a1b5e0f6e6d5ff80e6ea41ca9eda18bf7ab5a6.600x338.jpg

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Nurgle cultists again? Can't we get Slaanesh or Tzeentch cultists for once?

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Love Vermintide and have full confidence in the character writing/voice direction from Fatshark given how amazing the Vermintide cast is. I'm absolutely down.

Oct 28, 2017
This is a complete no brainer, working your way through a hive.

God knows why Games Workshop haven't launched a decent game like this years ago.

Oct 28, 2017
Its 100% Nurgle plague related, those are plague zombies and nothing else. A bit of a shame because apparently Genestealer Cults is too far separated from the plague theme.

That being said, no reason we can't have chaos and tyranids in the same game.

Oct 27, 2017
After Fatshark fucked up Vermintide 2 with the addon I'm slightly worried about this.

Imperial Guards isn't exactly what I would choose for such a game either but it's more W40k so I can't complain.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
After Fatshark fucked up Vermintide 2 with the addon I'm slightly worried about this.

Imperial Guards isn't exactly what I would choose for such a game either but it's more W40k so I can't complain.

They're not Guard, they're Inquisitorial Acolytes. Though probably freshly seconded from the Guard or maybe even the PDF since the speaker doesn't care much for their survival. Definitely not warband regulars.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be super surprised if we end up playing as some generic guardsmen. There's an inquisitor involved so maybe their retinue will come into play.

I don't think they would make a game that sounds and looks exactly like a 40k copy of Vermintide and present exactly 4 characters in the trailer and not make them the playable ones.

But maybe as an inquisitor strike team at least one of them may has an upgrade to a Space Marine armor at one point?

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Wanting to play as full on Space Marines when you can take on the worst the galaxy has to offer with your flashlights while protected by paper mache armour? Please. Imperial Guard for life (all 10 seconds of it)

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's supposed to be Tempestus Scions in the video. It would be cool if you could play as an Eversor though.

I wouldn't expect any of the more esoteric Agents of the Inquisition.
On the scale of likely to never coming, Hive-scum, Guardsmen and Fanatics are somewhat likely, with Guardsmen shown (or possibly scum in Guard gear). Arbites, Death-cult Assassins, Crusaders and Psykers maybe as an advanced class. Proper Assassins and Sisters of Battle most likely not. Space Marines never, they'd be too powerful.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
No doubt many of you tuned in to the recent Xbox Games Showcase! We were super thrilled to be a part of that showcase with our teaser reveal of Warhammer 40,000: Darktide for Xbox Series X.

Ever since we developed and released the critically acclaimed Warhammer: Vermintideseries, we have been bombarded with requests from fans to create a Warhammer 40,000 game in the same first-person co-op action genre. As seen in the Showcase, we were fully on board with that idea!

So, what is Warhammer 40,000: Darktide? We're sticking with a formula we know and are known for – 4 player co-op first-person action in a rich, established universe with lashings of attention to detail to serve existing 40k fans and onboard new players to that grim-dark world.

Everyone in the studio is absolutely enthralled with the Warhammer universes created by Games Workshop. Many of the founding members of the studio met through playing tabletop Warhammer games, and from those experiences and the love for the franchises the concept of Vermintide and, in turn, the upcoming Darktide, was born. Anyone who knows Warhammer Fantasy can tell you how well we captured that world in Vermintide, so you can expect even more love and uncompromising levels of detail to be poured into our slice of the Warhammer 40k universe with Darktide.

We'll still be delivering on the same brutal melee combat that's easy to pick up, yet layered with subtle mastery for those players who take on the hardest challenges the game has to offer.

Darktide won't just be a melee romp though, as we're going to bring ranged gameplay up to the same level as the melee we're known for to really offer players diverse choices and gameplay styles through a more hybrid combat experience.

As has become our staple, Darktide will bring you cooperative experiences like never before. While it will be possible to 'go it alone', playing it with friends or making new ones through the game will be the best way to face off against unrelenting hordes of horror that are out to stop you from getting the job done.

We can't wait to share more with you as development continues, and open the door to some of the new and exciting stories, systems and mechanics that Warhammer 40,000: Darktide will bring to the table.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is set to release on Xbox Series X in 2021.
news.xbox.com

Fatshark Announces Warhammer 40,000: Darktide for Xbox Series X - Xbox Wire

No doubt many of you tuned in to the recent Xbox Games Showcase! We were super thrilled to be a part of that showcase with our teaser reveal of Warhammer 40,000: Darktide for Xbox Series X. Ever since we developed and released the critically acclaimed Warhammer: Vermintide series, we have been...

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Now don't get me wrong, a game where you played as Deathwatch jumping into nightmarish scenarios in a similar game to this would be fine.. but yeah, getting to play as the poor bloody guardsman is fine by me. I'll be quoting from my primer to inspire my comrades.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel like this probably isn't the actual squad? Just because if they're building it out like Vermintide, the squad's going to need to be more diverse in terms of roles and visuals. These dudes all look the same. If it's an Inquisitorial retinue, I'd expect a Stormtrooper or two, but also stuff like a Commissar, a Sanctioned Psyker, maybe a Sister or an Assassin.

Still, excited as hell. Love Vermintide.