• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone interested in the Yakuza games but new to the series, the Yakuza bundle (0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2) is £10.99 for the next ~15 hours on Fanatical.

Fanatical

All keys activate on Steam, but the bundle is half the price it is on Steam currently. Fantastic price for the amount and quality of content.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Incredible game, can't recommend it enough.
Yeah, it's finished. I think I might even prefer it to Valve's original game. It's just amazing to see how much the devs accomplished with virtually no office. One of the all-time best fan games.

YES.
I was not expecting this reaction, I'm legit here looking for potential hidden gems that I might have missed. Good to know that apparently this game is awesome lmao
ieeQV6w8eDoFeKm0Pz4jiOF5-ri8dZXsOP4GHChmbn41i55upyUq_3K9jLbR5k0BoaSp8MoE6GxthkhgJTgF4yrpMEHcDPRobgXlpLqbhKYiXsOIit4tCZ19B2I68yI

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
My recommendation for the sale:

I am pretty sure that this is the lowest price. If you haven't already buy this masterpiece. I can't recommend it enough. One of my favorite games ever.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I like buying random cheap ($1-2) games during steam sales. Any super cool, unknown stuff?

As I'm currently playing Rogue Trooper Redux I'm thinking about getting Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death this sale.
store.steampowered.com

Save 60% on Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death on Steam

Welcome to Mega-City One, a city of over 400 million people - every one of them a potential criminal. It is the third decade of the 22nd Century, unemployment is widespread, boredom is universal and only the Judges can prevent total anarchy. Empowered to dispense instant justice, they are Judge...

Dec 25, 2018
Ended up getting Nier Automato, Furi and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

May end up getting Doom Eternal and possibly Remember Me before sales end.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Ended up getting Nier Automato, Furi and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

May end up getting Doom Eternal and possibly Remember Me before sales end.
a food for thought.

Doom eternal is still missing 1 SP DLC. I will wait until it releases before buying the game. According to a friend the DLC are as hard as some of the last missions on the base campaign; this means that I feel like if we pause between DLCs chances are that I won't be able to keep up with the DLC and find it "unfair".
I think that it is better tow ait for the next DLC instead of buying now. (unless off course that you are jsut buying the base game.)

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody got any recs for blobbers (DRPGs)? Preferrably turn based.
Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk is on sale right now. I bounced off it after about 10h this weekend (mainly because I'm not a hardcore DPRG fan) but I thought it was really interesting, systems-wise, and really well-made. It does stumble a bit with the writing in the early game (there's a scene involving sexual assault that wasn't cool or necessary) but other than that it was decent. If you're a hardcore DRPG fan, check it out. It's also on sale on Switch right now too.

Dec 25, 2018
a food for thought.

Doom eternal is still missing 1 SP DLC. I will wait until it releases before buying the game. According to a friend the DLC are as hard as some of the last missions on the base campaign; this means that I feel like if we pause between DLCs chances are that I won't be able to keep up with the DLC and find it "unfair".
I think that it is better tow ait for the next DLC instead of buying now. (unless off course that you are jsut buying the base game.)
I suppose that would be the way to go. Played the base game through Gamepass in October so I figured with the current sale id be getting the base-game bundled with the season pass content. I guess a full playthrough of the base game and dlcs in one go would be best to build the experience and keet momentum going for the later (had a tough time with Marauders in the base game and hear they get tougher to deal with in DLC 1).

Thanks.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Got myself:

Wasteland 3

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions

Tyranny

ATOM RPG

--------

Thoughts?

Glabados

Sep 22, 2018
Picked up Fallout: New Vegas + DLC for the first time, and installed a bunch of recommended mods. Seems like a great deal.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Got myself:

Wasteland 3

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions

Tyranny

ATOM RPG

--------

Thoughts?
Tyranny is one of the msot interestign RPGs i have ever played. You are an enforcer of an evil overlord. however the overlord is so far away that yo ucan do whatever you want, from censeles violent to ignoring the problems around you or being kinda nice. The decisions in the game are all very... dramatic to say the least. I also like that every faction and char are every grey, they ahve good points and bad points. Most if not all chars have a lot of dimension and there aren't just evil people as a scapegoat to the problems of society. (although there is a lot of corruption)

The original Baldur's gate is a lot of fun but i never played the EE.

From that list i think you would probably like pillars of eternity and divnity orignal sin. DOS in particular is a really interesting aproach to the genre due to all the physical stuff besides the usual number. It is also very well done and jsut grabs you really quickly

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I got Yuppie Psycho and There is no game (fun, a bit like Pony Island) yesterday. Today, the discovery queue showed me Wingspan. Even though I am not a birder, the game looked absolutely adorable. I a going to do some bird strategy later this evening.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Torn between what I want to pick up. Looking for some opinions from Era.

- Mafia Remake : Arguably my most wanted game, but I can see it dropping in price further

- Greedfall : Very interested, but I can see it hitting Humble

- Blight Bound: Now has bots, looks like a lot of fun.

- Teardown: This came out of nowhere. Looks like a lot of fun.

- Prodeus: Absolutely badass looking, but...wait for a sale??

- Avengers : Was never on my radar, but I've heard the campaign isn't bad.

Oct 27, 2017

- Mafia Remake : Arguably my most wanted game, but I can see it dropping in price further

greedfall is on gamepass btw

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

i'd wait for friday's humble choice because all of those games have a chance to be in a bundle in the future.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Any good turn based combat game recs
i feel like you should be putting a genre there because TB combat has a lot of genres in it. My fav:
  • XCOM2
  • endless legend
  • endless space 2
  • CIV VI
  • Disagaea
  • gladius

I also want to add 2 "franchises"
  • Most PDS games. While they are in real time most things refresh on a cycle of months/years/days like a turn based game. They also allow pause and slow motion. so yo uwon't ever be pressed by Real time strategy
  • Total war. has a turn based part but also Real time battles. The cool part for us turn based players is taht the real time battles can be paused. I paused the game every few seconds to give orders so for me it plays closer to a turn based game than to an RTS like starcraft

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Troubleshooter or Streets of Rage 4?

Haven't played SoR4, but Troubleshooter is hands-down one of my favorites this year.

I know you're an indie guy so I think you'd be extra equipped to appreciate its unique mark on the 2020 gaming landscape.

There's an OT here on Era and while the game didn't make a big splash (who expects S. Korean anime XCOM/FF:T to anyway?, lol) it certainly turned a lot of heads for those who discovered it.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Ended up getting the 2 Dark Anthology games, Tell Me Why, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Pickings are getting slim when you own almost 1300 Steam games 😂

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like you should be putting a genre there because TB combat has a lot of genres in it. My fav:
  • XCOM2
  • endless legend
  • endless space 2
  • CIV VI
  • Disagaea
  • gladius

I also want to add 2 "franchises"
  • Most PDS games. While they are in real time most things refresh on a cycle of months/years/days like a turn based game. They also allow pause and slow motion. so yo uwon't ever be pressed by Real time strategy
  • Total war. has a turn based part but also Real time battles. The cool part for us turn based players is taht the real time battles can be paused. I paused the game every few seconds to give orders so for me it plays closer to a turn based game than to an RTS like starcraft

Honestly just jonesing for some good turn based combat, whatever the genre.

Think I'll grab Disgaea PC!

Divinity Original Sin (1 and 2) are some of the best crpgs in the last decade.
Yakuza 7 is a fun jrpg with ton of quirky sidequests.
Hylics 1 and 2 are some great surrealistic short rpgs

Divinity Original Sin 1 looks like it'll scratch that itch!

Yakuza 7 has been on my radar, I'll probably grab that one on console.

Star Renegades is pretty cool

This looks pretty awesome.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody got any recs for blobbers (DRPGs)? Preferably turn based.

I didn't play Zanki Zero myself yet, but I heard very good things about it from friends. The other two are very good as well. Wizardry is more classic approach, while Labyrinth of Refrain is a more light-hearted approach from the Disgaea makers with deep mechanics.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played SoR4, but Troubleshooter is hands-down one of my favorites this year.

I know you're an indie guy so I think you'd be extra equipped to appreciate its unique mark on the 2020 gaming landscape.

There's an OT here on Era and while the game didn't make a big splash (who expects S. Korean anime XCOM/FF:T to anyway?, lol) it certainly turned a lot of heads for those who discovered it.
Thanks, went with that one. I have six Yakuzas and Judgement for my beat-em-up needs

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
What should I absolutely get in terms of oh wow that's a good price in the triple A range ?

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Has anyone ever returned a big stack of games they got in a sale?

I got a little too excited and bought too many games. I'm trying to be good about trying them all and seeing what I like best. So far I've initiated three returns and I'm thinking about going ahead and returning one more, but I don't want to get banned from refunds for abusing the system. Should I not be so worried about this?

Last edited:

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed Torchlight III and Command & Conquer Remastered. That's all for this sale.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Has anyone ever returned a big stack of games they got in a sale?

I got a little too excited and bought too many games. I'm trying to be good about trying them all and seeing what I like best. So far I've initiated three returns and I'm thinking about going ahead and returning one more, but I don't want to get banned from refunds for abusing the system. Should I not be so worried about this?
I think I did 6 refunds in a 3 week period and it was no problem. Mostly were games that i thought i'd like by the trailers/screenshots/genre and ended up being boring to me.
For example right now i'm waiting for humble chocie to see if any game i bought on sale is in there so i that i don't waste money. After that duringt hat weekend i'll try to play all of those games to see if i like them. If i don't i'll refund them.

Status
Not open for further replies.