• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Even with the bonus 2,000 points from the Qualifier Tasks today and the 100 daily bonus every day for the remainder of the sale, I'd still need to spend $90 or so. Ha. Yeah. Okay.

That sucks. I think my saving grace was not doing anything with my CNY coins, because I started with a lot. $150 for a $5 voucher is a bad deal no matter how you slice it, especially when they just did a spend 30 get 5 off deal last sale.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what this thing is how it works or why it exists

This should be the minigame's mantra -

bnKeNwjnbl37nGlJhWadtXCPxbE=.gif

On that note, even with the nerfed points for achievements, hot damn did my Pixeljunk Eden ones add up. I'd assume it's because the vast majority of them are under 1% completion, but 51 achievements netted nearly 16,000 points. Course, I had 2,100 capacity....

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
capturerckx8.png

Oi, I just noticed this, I got 2000 extra capacity. Also, if you have points beyond your capacity, you get to keep them for later, they aren't sent to the void.

Now I just have to wait for my steam level to reset so I can get more points back, then I can maybe get a discount.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like there was another change too. After completing the four quests and earning another 2000 on the meter:
You can only claim 2100 points more before reaching your max
Any extra achievements will still be available to redeem later, you won't lose any points!.

So it seems like they're no longer invalidating your unclaimed points for a game - though I couldn't claim more on games I already redeemed points from.
Hopefully there will be other opportunities to earn points, as I'd like to earn another $5 voucher. If we're stuck at only 100 points/day from now, I'd have to spend $25.

It looks like team cockatiel is the one to be in so far: 3 of 3 podium finishes (which still means the potential to win the top item from your wishlist) while having a smaller pool of players - so a higher chance to win.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I just like rooting for the turtle. The supreme animal.
*Slowest fist bump in the history of the entire universe*

The more Valve fucks up the better it gets for people who have no interest in this silly game. They will have to keep making up to people who actually participated in the game which means even if you don't pay attention you still get the benefits.

I only played until I got my discount but idk if I can get another 15000 max points before the sale ends.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Great, they're also recalculating account levels gained from the badge to "respect the value of past and future badges". Literally the one good thing from this event for me :')

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
The nerfing of Team Corgi has been handled clumsily, even by Steam sale minigame standards.

When it became apparent that Corgi had attracted more members than the other teams combined, they really should've hit reset on the whole thing - and randomly allocated teams as they've done before.

Still, applying some obfuscated handicap system is very Valve, and all part of the fun, I suppose!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The nerfing of Team Corgi has been handled clumsily, even by Steam sale minigame standards.

When it became apparent that Corgi had attracted more members than the other teams combined, they really should've hit reset on the whole thing - and randomly allocated teams as they've done before.

Still, applying some obfuscated handicap system is very Valve, and all part of the fun, I suppose!
Yeah, Corgi was done dirty. They lost their one advantage--their size. Now they're nerfed so hard no matter where they place it will feel unfair.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017

This goddamn. This was an Epic-type mistake. Not sure why I expected something reasonable from Valve.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By the time this is over the changes will be so vast it will be an idle clicker game where you pet corgis, turtles, and pigs.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
They should have a better selection of animals next time. Even if you're unable to see who's dominating/winning the race in real time, people won't be able to resist choosing a Corgi, it's just too cute.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I still for the life of me don't understand this game. All I did was pick Team Turtle (because I like green) when the sale started and have done nothing else.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
By the time this is over the changes will be so vast it will be an idle clicker game where you pet corgis, turtles, and pigs.
I'd be okay with this.

I'm really disappointed with the badge exp being nerfed. At least you'll be able to refund the tokens you spent on it...... sigh.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
capturerckx8.png

Oi, I just noticed this, I got 2000 extra capacity. Also, if you have points beyond your capacity, you get to keep them for later, they aren't sent to the void.

Now I just have to wait for my steam level to reset so I can get more points back, then I can maybe get a discount.
Wait, whaaaat?

I literally said 2 days ago this is what they should've done. In this very thread.

Too bad I'm gone drinking this weekend and can't really farm this.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk is on sale. Valve doesn't care if it's released or not; it just needs to have an established price.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I....I have Orochi Warriors 4 as my top wishlist item.....Im sorry.

I was too busy trying to outsmart Koei Tecmo that I never stopped to think if I should.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do i have to be active every day to be in the draw? I cashed out my voucher and have no interest in spending any more time on this silly game - but makes sense to at least be in the draws

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have a chance of getting a wishlisted game by simply joining a team, or do you have to actually be getting points in it? I haven't bought anything as I'm not thrilled with the sale prices on games I want, nor played any games in the quests.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Do you have a chance of getting a wishlisted game by simply joining a team, or do you have to actually be getting points in it? I haven't bought anything as I'm not thrilled with the sale prices on games I want, nor played any games in the quests.
Playing should be enough to get points and then boosting your team. Just play ANY game you own whether it had cheevos unlocked in it or not. I am playing Max Payne 3 atm but hadn't gotten any points, but I'm not too bother by that :V

Oct 25, 2017
Just seen all the changes. This sale has managed to go from frustrating and sad, to hilarious and sad status for me.

Add 3 games to your wishlist? I didn't subscribe to the theory that the minigame was getting lots of people to remove stuff from their wishlists, but this makes them look like they're really trying to overcompensate.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just seen all the changes. This sale has managed to go from frustrating and sad, to hilarious and sad status for me.

Add 3 games to your wishlist? I didn't subscribe to the theory that the minigame was getting lots of people to remove stuff from their wishlists, but this makes them look like they're really trying to overcompensate.
Eh GOG also had point-centric challenges before and among them was adding stuff to your wishlist. Much like those past gog stuff, I just unlisited and re-wishlisted 3 games.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
What benefit we get from upgrading our badge?

Each level of badge is worth 100xp (just like any other badge). The more badge you have/upgrade, the more xp and Steam levels you'll get.

It would also be helpful to say what higher Steam levels do. Higher Steam levels can let you increase the max friends list size you can have, let you customize your Steam profile further, and increase the chance for you to randomly find Steam trading cards. I do not believe there are other benefits. At some point, I believe people just do it to have the biggest number they can for vanity reasons.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I had 13k+ unused points from purchases just poof gone up in smoke, contacted steam support yesterday no response yet.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else unable to join a team? I'm trying to select one but it won't let me in :(

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So does the "play a new game" require playing a game I haven't played before that's already in my library or something new entirely like a F2P game or a game I just bought?

Oct 25, 2017
Eh GOG also had point-centric challenges before and among them was adding stuff to your wishlist. Much like those past gog stuff, I just unlisited and re-wishlisted 3 games.

Doesn't matter what the actual reason is for them going with it. It the context of recent news it'll look like they're responding to that.

So does the "play a new game" require playing a game I haven't played before that's already in my library or something new entirely like a F2P game or a game I just bought?

Just anything in your library you haven't played yet.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks to their 500 pts challenges I was able to get that voucher without actually buying anything beforehand.

A game you haven't played yet.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I think that means that it must be purchasable(as there are steam pages up for games that can't be bought).

The phrasing isn't the best, but, yeah, you're right: in this case, "coming soon" is in reference to the store pages of upcoming games that don't have a purchase option. It's what's displayed on the store pages of upcoming games by default unless the publisher has opted to show a release date/window.

Another question, when does the 5$ discount voucher expire?

I'd operate on the assumption that it expires at the end of the sale.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances of DOA6 getting a bigger sale than the 20% it has right now if it says that this deal expires on july 9?
I just downloaded the free version and realize that I've totally slept on this game, I'm just blown away by it, need the full version!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of DOA6 getting a bigger sale than the 20% it has right now if it says that this deal expires on july 9?
I just downloaded the free version and realize that I've totally slept on this game, I'm just blown away by it, need the full version!

Very slim. You can get it a little cheaper on Gamesplanet.com and join the "For Uncut" group for an additional 3% discount.