• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Yoh ya'll dropping some fire games in this thread ERA! So many new wishlist additions. *mwah*

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was going to make this thread lol
I will go through the demos recommended here when I am free

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Will play this later today. This game has been on my radar for a while and looks incredibly interesting.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I actually want to play this because I think learning regex would be super useful for my job

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for an update on Astalon for ages. The demo is pretty good. It's got some major Maze of Galious vibes, but in a way that's different from La Mulana.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting for an update on Astalon for ages. The demo is pretty good. It's got some major Maze of Galious vibes, but in a way that's different from La Mulana.

They've been quiet on Astalon, so it was a nice surprise to see the demo. I like what I played and I don't really have any nostalgia for stuff like Faxanadu and Legacy of the Wizard. Scrolling through the menus feels too sensitive and the screen tearing looks bad. Those are my big complaints. 🤣 The gameplay is fun and the graphics and sound nail the NES vibe. I'm even more interested in this now.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Still waiting for Wild at Heart from earlier this year.

Last edited:

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Is this using the same engine as Dead Cells because it's very similar to it.

It's also, IMO, evidence that just aping an art style and game feel doesn't necessarily make it good. The combat feels clunky and laggy, and the world is uninspired from the small bit I played. Removed it from my wishlist after playing the demo.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I had this on my wish list because it looked like Cyber Shadow and it had a demo, but it's very rough. Didn't really like it.

Oct 25, 2017
So the game I have been working on is in this Steam festival, which is pretty exciting.

Ml5aSYq.png

R2kW0EG.png

Uzwg9wu.jpg

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It's also, IMO, evidence that just aping an art style and game feel doesn't necessarily make it good. The combat feels clunky and laggy, and the world is uninspired from the small bit I played. Removed it from my wishlist after playing the demo.

It's definitely feels like Dead Cells but worse which is why I'm curious how involved the Dead Cells team is with this. Seems weird to have such a blatant clone.

Oct 25, 2017
I played 4 games so far: Narita Boy, No Place for Bravery, Loop Hero and Retro Machina. Absolutely loved all of them, and No Place For Bravery/Retro Machine get special mentions because they are from where i live (Brasil)

Also: Loop Hero is gonna be big.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll shouldn't sleep on Lamentum, classic RE inspired but with pixel art, has a mansion, save rooms, puzzles, and what seems like a good story so far. Worth a look!

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

I think this is first variant of auto chess outside of straight clones like Team Fight Tactics I've seen and I love it. It's single player auto chess mechanics of building and positioning a team that auto battles in a rogue-like framework of going through rooms of a dungeon with random events and progression.

Nov 8, 2017
Skatebird is cute and all but it plays quite poorly based on the demo. Quite disappointing, tbh. I wasn't expecting Tony Hawk level polish, but it plays really rough, just from core movement and mechanics.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Steam you need the ability to open tabs on the store. I hate having to go back and forth when these events happen.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Skatebird is cute and all but it plays quite poorly based on the demo. Quite disappointing, tbh. I wasn't expecting Tony Hawk level polish, but it plays really rough, just from core movement and mechanics.
The demo they released during last year's event was really rough too. Perhaps they're just using the same one again? It won't inspire much confidence in the full game though.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I love everything about this game:

Word. I've been addicted to the demo /prototype of this at itch-io. Like, I've finished it 3 or 4 times even though there's no further progression or challenge; it's pure heroin. Let that serve as both endorsement and warning. :D

Downloading the Steam demo (probably against my best judgement); curious to see if it's the same or a new one, and looking forward to lose my whole day if the latter...

Edit: Fuck, it IS a new demo. Quickly Alt-F4'ed it before I stop doing literally anything else like working or eating. :D Seriously, people, don't start playing this if you have something important to do.

Last edited:

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There's a lot more demos added from yesterday. Guess devs are struggling to meet the deadline. Worth having another look if you already went through everything once.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Is there any way to separate out demos from the rest of your library automatically (and potentially automatically delete them when they expire)?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Anything worthwhile to check out for VR? All I saw looks like shovel ware minus that 3D-Tetris game. But it's not really my genre.