• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Every time they mention getting those friday emails I'm still nervous for some reason lol, like they somehow only made 100 units for NA in this first wave which would be hilarious, they would literally have to have made only 20 of each unit for me not to get one lol

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
I have $400 in GameStop credit I need to swap to Steam cards this week. Says Q1 2022 on mine so hopefully I get the notification this Friday as well.

WiGYtCR.png

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for 100 recommendations for alternative docks before the official one comes out.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in the dbrand accessory but if it takes an extra couple of months to drop I'll probably pass on it

Maybe it'll drop on Friday

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
In anticipation of my Steam Deck, I enjoyed looking at my compatible games from my library. There are like 50 games that will work perfectly, another 50 or so that will work with small limitations, about 25 that won't work at all, and 1300+ that have not been tested.

If nothing else, maybe I'll have some fun picking through the obscure stuff I picked up in Humble Bundles to test for compatibility.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I'm pretty unlikely to be in this Friday's batch (I'm honestly fairly shocked I'm still Q1, got in at 13 min after) but that isn't going to stop me from frantically checking my email that day

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know if the FF Pixel Remasters are supported on the Deck? I'd be surprised if they wouldn't be, but wanted to check before I purchased them.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
store.steampowered.com

Steam Deck Deposit - Launch Day Details - Steam News

Hi all, Steam Deck launches in just two days! Thought we would send along some details for what you can expect on Friday, February 25th: Starting at 10am Pacific, we'll be sending emails out to the first batch of reservation holders via the address tied to their Steam account. Those folks will...

Hi all, Steam Deck launches in just two days! Thought we would send along some details for what you can expect on Friday, February 25th:

Starting at 10am Pacific, we'll be sending emails out to the first batch of reservation holders via the address tied to their Steam account. Those folks will then have 72 hours to complete their purchase on Steam for the specific model they reserved. If they cancel or do not purchase in this time frame, we'll release their reservation to the next person in the queue.

Around the same time is when you'll start seeing coverage from the roughly 100 media outlets we sent early review units to, so there will be a ton of interesting content and coverage for everyone to check out.

We are also looking forward to getting the official Dock for Steam Deck into customers' hands. It won't be happening as early as we wanted, but we're excited to talk more about it soon and are planning to make them available in late spring.

In the meantime we can't wait to get folks playing on Steam Deck, and can't wait to hear what you think! Feel free to tag the official Steam Deck account on twitter (@OnDeck) to share your experience.

Mar 23, 2018
Does anyone know if the FF Pixel Remasters are supported on the Deck? I'd be surprised if they wouldn't be, but wanted to check before I purchased them.

All of them are Verified with the exception of FFV, which is Playable due to requiring virtual keyboard to input.

They're all Platinum on ProtonDB with the exception of FFVI's, which is more recent and only has one comment which mentions everything is positive, so it should be good.

Regarding all of the "requires virtual keyboard" stuff. What's the problem with using the Steam virtual keyboard? I don't see how it would not give u a "console-like" experience.

It should be super sleek with the trackpads.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
All of them are Verified with the exception of FFV, which is Playable due to requiring virtual keyboard to input.

They're all Platinum on ProtonDB with the exception of FFVI's, which is more recent and only has one comment which mentions everything is positive, so it should be good.

Regarding all of the "requires virtual keyboard" stuff. What's the problem with using the Steam virtual keyboard? I don't see how it would not give u a "console-like" experience.

It should be super sleek with the trackpads.

You don't even need to use the trackpads, there is a touchscreen.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the expectation is for the game itself to invoke the keyboard UI, not having the user manually bring it up.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Valve added quick switch for primary controller, solving the issue and edited strings to clarify

unknown.png

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Valve added quick switch for primary controller, solving the issue and edited strings to clarify

unknown.png
I'm glad they got that update in, as I realized a couple of the games I would have wanted to play on the Deck are very stupid when it comes to handling controllers and basically grabbing whatever Xinput/Directinput device they find first (and the order Windows assigns controllers, especially Directinput devices is seemingly random). On normal PC setups Steam Input helps with that since you can force devices into specific XInput slots.. but then why was that an issue with the Steam Deck controls? (Well, I guess it's not an issue now, thankfully.)

This made me realize something else: since XInput has a four controller limit and it seems like the internal Steam Deck controls default to always being the first detected controller, does that mean that you couldn't have four external controllers for a game that supports four players via XInput devices? Or did they also add with this update the option to basically disable the Steam Deck controls (even if just by making it player 5 with four Xinput slots).

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Apex get a proton test branch and having no word from bungie if they are even working on this makes me irate on bungie's part. Absolutely no clue why they aren't pushing for this, it would be perfect for the deck.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
how do you check what address Steam has for you? Or will they ask when they send the payment request?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Apex get a proton test branch and having no word from bungie if they are even working on this makes me irate on bungie's part. Absolutely no clue why they aren't pushing for this, it would be perfect for the deck.
Honestly there's going to be so few Steamdecks in the wild near launch that they may have much higher development priorities.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FF1 - 4 are all Verified, FF5 is Playable due to having some functionality not accessible by default to the controller and for having to manually open a keyboard for text entry, FF6 hasn't been tested yet.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone still had doubts about Elden Ring using Easy Anti Cheat, compare the checksums (between Elden Ring and Brawlhalla):

unknown.png

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Not to mention they already have a Linux build, since they're on Stadia.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Either that, or preview builds sometimes also don't come with anti cheat enabled.

Totally possible, but he has the final game, not a preview build. I guess, they could activate it in the day 1 patch, but let's hope not.

Grubb couldn't go into any detail IIRC, so he could be using Windows?

Nah, as strudel mentioned, the GPU drivers for windows are not out yet. So, he would have to be playing it with CPU only, which is unlikely.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
They are probably running without anti cheat on Stadia (for obvious reasons).
Right, but they've had to implement anti-cheat on other platforms, just like Apex. I figured having an established Linux build on top of that would make for an even lower bar to clear, but I'm not well versed with how anti-cheat is implemented, so I could be missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.