• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Got my tracking number today, and FedEx says it'll be here tomorrow! I only live an hour from the distribution center (I'm in Chicago) so maybe the estimate is correct

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got a late email with a tracking number, tracking number doesn't work yet, but it's something.

Yup, got mine an hour ago as well. Same as you no tracking as of yet.

Edit: Just got my tracking updated and it's arriving Thursday...

I'm leaving for vacation and my flight is at 5am on Thursday. Won't be home until the following week.

sad-baby.gif

Last edited:

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
4 days in this status in the GLS tracking system:
06/05/2022 19:59
The parcel has left the parcel center.

Germany Neuenstein

I'm in Spain.

I hate GLS.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge

Germany Neuenstein

I'm in Spain.

I hate GLS.
From what I remember what others have posted, shipping to Spain usually takes 5-6 work days, so you should have it by the end of the week.

And somewhat related to GLS, but I knew that I had screwed up entering the address during the order process.

I wanted the Deck shipped to my office but wasn't sure whether to put the company name first or the street address, since it only said "address line 1" and "address line 2". I went with the conventional address format that is known to me and put the company name first and then the street address. Then I got the email confirmation from GLS and, lo and behold, the company name is where the address should be and the address was next to my name. Luckily, there's a GLS packet shop right around the corner where I work, so I picked it as a pick-up location. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow and since it hasn't arrived at the final parcel center yet, I hope changing the address didn't cause a delay. Man, I have a bad feeling about this…

polychron

Oct 28, 2017
Just paid for my steam deck (UK 256) today! Going to update my entry in the spreadsheet now 😁. For my own reference, what's the lag from payment to arrival for UK folks?

finaljedi

Jul 15, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
Yup, got mine an hour ago as well. Same as you no tracking as of yet.

Edit: Just got my tracking updated and it's arriving Thursday...

I'm leaving for vacation and my flight is at 5am on Thursday. Won't be home until the following week.

sad-baby.gif

Yeah my tracking updated and it says end of day today, but it also hasn't actually left the warehouse yet, so I'm pressing X to doubt that one. I'm in Ohio and it's coming from Illinois so it shouldn't take too long once they actually pick it up.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my tracking updated and it says end of day today, but it also hasn't actually left the warehouse yet, so I'm pressing X to doubt that one. I'm in Ohio and it's coming from Illinois so it shouldn't take too long once they actually pick it up.
Mine also hasn't updated. Coming from Carol Stream, IL and I'm in Chicago, IL. But it says it'll arrive today. Really doubting that lol

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
For US 512, we're up to (in ~1.5 months) GMT 16-Jul-2021 17:22:41
That rtReserveTime is GMT 16-Jul-2021 17:31:46

Optimistically, we could see ~2 minutes per drop, so:
  • 12-May - 17:24:41
  • 16-May - 17:26:41
  • 19-May - 17:28:41
  • 23-May - 17:30:41
  • 26-May - 17:32:41
So 26-May is current best case

Over the last 9 drops, the average has been ~80 seconds per drop, so:
  • 12-May - 17:24:01
  • 16-May - 17:25:21
  • 19-May - 17:26:41
  • 23-May - 17:28:01
  • 26-May - 17:29:21
  • 31-May - 17:30:41
  • 02-Jun - 17:32:01
So 02-Jun is average case

We're still waiting for Valve's stated "ramp up" in Production, so there's always some hope that 2 minutes per drop is not the ceiling.

Piercedveil

Oct 25, 2017
Fedex is telling me I'll get my delivery tomorrow but there hasn't been a single update yet aside from the initial "Shipment information has been sent to Fedex". I don't get many deliveries from them so maybe this is how they usually operate?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Status changed from "Processing" to "Shipping soon"...progress it seems?

I wish I was going that quicky. They don't even begin to do anything for 24 hours after you pay. So pretty much as soon as your window opened, they changed you to shipping soon.

I think I'm reading this correctly as you just placed your order yesterday (and not Thursday).

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Expected delivery was today. Last update form Fedex is yesterday like 200 miles away, Don't think I'm getting it today :(
Am a 5/2 email

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I was going that quicky. They don't even begin to do anything for 24 hours after you pay. So pretty much as soon as your window opened, they changed you to shipping soon.

I think I'm reading this correctly as you just placed your order yesterday (and not Thursday).
Yeah, I placed the order yesterday, and if it changed to "Shipping soon" today when I posted that, that would be about 24 hours.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I placed the order yesterday, and if it changed to "Shipping soon" today when I posted that, that would be about 24 hours.
My order, placed Monday around Noon CST, also just updated from Processing to Shipping Soon. (although I am also in the Chicagoland area, so maybe that has something to do with it given the other comments I'm seeing here.)

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
My order, placed Monday around Noon CST, also just updated from Processing to Shipping Soon. (although I am also in the Chicagoland area, so maybe that has something to do with it given the other comments I'm seeing here.)
You'll probably get yours sooner given that it comes out of Illinois. I'm in Texas so idk what's going to happen there.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got my confirmation email for the purchase. Customer service quickly got my reservation restored. Now I'll hopefully have my deck in just a few days. Got scared for a moment because steam was being rejected by my bank.
if i get an email or some steam notification, it'll be impossible for me to miss it. (I hope!)
Also, by then there might be some announcement of a new version ? perhaps I'll hop onto that if I have no news by then. We'll see!
In any case, I hope you get yours!
It's selling faster than Valve and their supply chain can make them, so I wouldn't be surprised in the least by an updated model.

Mochino

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
My friday delivery just got bumped to monday, welp. Gonna hope it ends up going faster lol.

jj70

Oct 27, 2017

Germany Neuenstein

I'm in Spain.

I hate GLS.
Same story from last thursday for me and a friend of mine - we're in Italy and we're waiting for our RMA substitution package - the first time was the same so don't worry - it should update when arrives in your country and next day probably you will receive it we hope by the end of this week!! Break a leg!

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
They finally updated my tracking. Now it says "Shipment arriving early" despite it now being estimated for Sunday instead of Friday... so it's coming two days later.... but they're saying arriving early... I guess valve time affects their shipping too

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Same story from last thursday for me and a friend of mine - we're in Italy and we're waiting for our RMA substitution package - the first time was the same so don't worry - it should update when arrives in your country and next day probably you will receive it we hope by the end of this week!! Break a leg!
Got an update! Delivery estimated for tomorrow! Yay!

Also, you both had to request an RMA? What was wrong?

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
From what I remember what others have posted, shipping to Spain usually takes 5-6 work days, so you should have it by the end of the week.

And somewhat related to GLS, but I knew that I had screwed up entering the address during the order process.

I wanted the Deck shipped to my office but wasn't sure whether to put the company name first or the street address, since it only said "address line 1" and "address line 2". I went with the conventional address format that is known to me and put the company name first and then the street address. Then I got the email confirmation from GLS and, lo and behold, the company name is where the address should be and the address was next to my name. Luckily, there's a GLS packet shop right around the corner where I work, so I picked it as a pick-up location. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow and since it hasn't arrived at the final parcel center yet, I hope changing the address didn't cause a delay. Man, I have a bad feeling about this…
Just got an email from GLS telling me that the package is going to be delayed.

I've waited for almost a year. What difference is another day or two going to make.

giphy.gif

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Got an update! Delivery estimated for tomorrow! Yay!

Also, you both had to request an RMA? What was wrong?
So I indeed received the deck today. Notified of shipment on thrusday and got it today, wednesday. 4-5 business days seems to be normal here in Spain for GLS then.

The thing is already blowing my mind. Good luck everyone with those confirmation emails and shipments.

Oct 30, 2017
Received link to complete purchase monday, today my order finally says shipping soon, I am guessing I will be receiving it next week at some point?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Received link to complete purchase monday, today my order finally says shipping soon, I am guessing I will be receiving it next week at some point?
You're in the US right?

From what I remember reading in the past Monday orders usually ship on Wednesdays and ship via FedEx ground from Carol Stream, suburb of Chicago, so the closer you are to Chicago the faster you'll get it.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
No update since leaving Netherlands distribution centre over 2 days ago so no idea if it's coming this week or not

Oct 30, 2017
You're in the US right?

From what I remember reading in the past Monday orders usually ship on Wednesdays and ship via FedEx ground from Carol Stream, suburb of Chicago, so the closer you are to Chicago the faster you'll get it.

Looking like a 13 hour ride lol, we will see.

Appreciate the follow up though, was not sure of how the wait time was post.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
No update since leaving Netherlands distribution centre over 2 days ago so no idea if it's coming this week or not
Did you check the detailed shipment tracking? The graphic on my GLS page still says that the package is in transit, so no change since Monday night, but when I check the detailed shipment tracking it shows that the package arrived at a new location around 2:40pm.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
The wait begins again!
I reserved a second Steam Deck for my girlfriend. It's only the 64GB model, so I am curious how it will compare to my 256GB model in terms of speed.

It was the same for my delivery. Just be patient although that's VERY tough.
I'd bet it will arrive this week!