• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass, free EpicStore games and humble monthly really make it hard to buy anything these days for me ...

That said, I finally bought Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ but I didn't get any Christman Coins. I paid with Steam Wallet, don't you get points when you pay with your Steam Wallet?
We need a version of this thread for cheapasses, 75% off and above only. Who the heck thinks "You know I don't think this game is worth full price" but then pulls the trigger at 20% off?

3 hours in and I really enjoy it. Feels like Y's x Persona

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
I paid with Steam Wallet, don't you get points when you pay with your Steam Wallet?

Sadly no (it gives you warning during checkout).

I assume it's due to some people exploiting the fuck out of it during summer sale. (Buy CS:GO keys, sell on eg. steam market, use profits to buy CS:GO keys again...)

Now you only get when you load up wallet or did so in week or so leading to sale)

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly no (it gives you warning during checkout).

I assume it's due to some people exploiting the fuck out of it during summer sale. (Buy CS:GO keys, sell on eg. steam market, use profits to buy CS:GO keys again...)

Now you only get when you load up wallet or did so in week or so leading to sale)
Oh, I overlooked that then.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We need a version of this thread for cheapasses, 75% off and above only. Who the heck thinks "You know I don't think this game is worth full price" but then pulls the trigger at 20% off?
Yeah, I keep a pretty big wishlist but I don't bite until it's 50% off or higher. Sales keep happening yet my wishlist barely goes down. They just haven't been the same in years. Same goes for the lame sale metagames.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Killer7 by Suda51. DRM-Free. A cult classic with a great remaster. Controller + Keyboard support. Up to 120 fps (but some animations are capped). Looks even more insane at 1080p or +. It sets to native resolution but you can change it easily. Ultrawide is also possible.

The Silver Case by Suda51, one of the most interesting visual novels on the platform. It has what is called "The Film Window Engine", which means that images, text boxes and even 3D areas are resized and moved around the screen, making it for a dynamic experience where the UI becomes part of the storytelling instead of just having a static picture with a standard textbox. Awesome music by Masafumi Takada too.

The 25th Ward is the direct sequel to The Silver Case. Even more insane than the previous game, this time the soundtrack is done by the one and only Akira Yamaoka of Silent Hill fame...composing for a visual novel. Definitely play this after The Silver Case.

the25thward2018-03-18k2kw1.png

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Elsinore is on sale. It's my favorite game of the year. If you like Shakespeare, time loops, adventure games, or deep layered characters and meaningful endings, play this game!

store.steampowered.com

Elsinore on Steam

Elsinore is a time-looping adventure game set in the world of Shakespeare's Hamlet. Elsinore combines strong social simulation elements, a dynamic story that reacts immediately to player decisions, and a world full of diverse characters with secrets to uncover.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Another winter sale, another year with Gust refusing to put their series on sale... I don't want to rebuy the Arland series at full price for a second time!

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Elsinore is on sale. It's my favorite game of the year. If you like Shakespeare, time loops, adventure games, or deep layered characters and meaningful endings, play this game!

store.steampowered.com

Elsinore on Steam

Elsinore is a time-looping adventure game set in the world of Shakespeare's Hamlet. Elsinore combines strong social simulation elements, a dynamic story that reacts immediately to player decisions, and a world full of diverse characters with secrets to uncover.
This sounds fantastic, thanks for the rec.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Atom RPG since I love classic fallout and so far I absolutely don't like it at all. Feels more frustrating than fun. Kind of regret buying it now.

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
The steamlabs list task thingy helped me find some stuff I wasn't aware of. Here are some I picked up and managed to give a quick play so I know they aren't total shit.

Revolver360 is my favorite out of these 3 shumps, the other two seem pretty solid too, especially considering the prices.

I can already tell this is going to be the best game i've picked up in the sale... but it is also the most expensive. (I think its coming to Switch eventually)

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
My one pricy purchase this season was Resonance of Fate

Final Fantasy games are 56% off at GreenmanGaming, if you have the "VIP" discount (all it took to get it was 2 purchases for me), so I grabbed XV and X there. Gonna wait to see if XII goes down in price anywhere next year.

My other Steam buys were 2 RTS games

Loria looks like a WarCraft clone, and that's just lovely

And WarParty is a 3-sided RTS with dinosaurs and magic

So these are my main gets. Might get another few Indies, now that I got the coupon, but most of my holiday cash is going to GOG, since I'm picking up a lot of the indie RPGs suggested here over there.

Oct 27, 2017
What do y'all think of Remnant From the Ashes?

Looks like fun, but I don't want a braindead shooter.
Amazing game, one of the best of 2019. It's definitely not a "braindead" shooter as it has a mash up of a souls-like concerning melee combat/movement and some really, really tight gunplay with a cool twist concerning gun mods.

I'd watch a few videos, etc as some folks didn't like the challenge/difficulty of the boss fights. It's just a matter of figuring out mechanics and coming up with a strat for most though (as is with anything really).

Last edited:

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Amazing game, one of the best of 2020. It's definitely not a "braindead" shooter as it has a mash up of a souls-like concerning melee combat/movement and some really, really tight gunplay with a cool twist concerning gun mods.

I'd watch a few videos, etc as some folks didn't like the challenge/difficulty of the boss fights. It's just a matter of figuring out mechanics and coming up with a strat for most though (as is with anything really).
How long is a typical playthrough? Can you easily co-op with friends and play through it together as a duo?

Oct 27, 2017
How long is a typical playthrough? Can you easily co-op with friends and play through it together as a duo?
I haven't played in a while but back around release I poured 85 hours into it (that's not a typical playthough time but my overall time in the game, I'm not sure about what's a normal playthrough time as it will vary a lot ). There have been some updates since. Yes, you can play co-op throughout the entire game if you want (not sure if they updated it or not but the host was the only one in which campaign progress was saved during co-op, however, all gear/armor/mods, etc were saved to your characters).

I forgot to mention in my previous post about the "re-rolling of the campaign" feature which allows you to re-roll the levels which will have a different layout and bosses each time you re-roll. They also added an "adventure mode" which basically added a more focused re-roll options concerning the game's different biomes/maps.

Edit: I just noticed I've either got my mind on "2020" or I'm from the future.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Already posted in SoulsEra OT, but Salt and Sanctuary is dirt cheap right now:

If you like Souls-likes at all, or if you like Metroidvanias at all, you owe it to yourself to pick it up, especially for so cheap. It's really damn good.

Oct 25, 2017
Got Sexy Brutale for 10 bucks and played through it in a few sittings. Excellent puzzle / adventure game with a cool time-manipulation mechanic. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for something truly different.

Eternia

Oct 25, 2017

If you're interested in anything remotely similar to an interactive "Where's Waldo", Hidden Folks scratches that itch. It's simpler due to most maps being not overbearingly dense and it also provides hints for each target. The game also has a bit of charm to it with some minor animations to the characters and occasional interactive elements with the environment like opening windows or moving bushes. Not particularly long although a few targets stumped me pretty badly.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Oh, people looking for a chill jigsaw puzzle game HAVE to check out Glass Masquerade

I got this through some Fanatical bundle, and on a whim I actually checked it out... and it's a superb little Zen experience. You assemble glasswork jigsaw puzzles representing different countries (or, in the second game, various riddles and folklore creatures). It's got a very low-key, chill soundtrack to go along with it, and the pictures are all pretty gorgeous. If you're looking for a non-violent way to turn the thinking part of your brain off and just match some shapes and colours together, I highly recommend it.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
The trine series are great for solo or coop play and have some (light) puzzle and platforming along with wonderful visuals and music

There are various bundle options and generally the dev's games are great so do pick them up.if you are interested.

Posting some Trine 2 and 4 screens

4EA9A40AF55DBB7D91800E6766EFAF353B064632
0874CA0092519A1A6339A0FD386C2FBC82580905
EFB7EC7CFA98723C355CE1E206E7074EC5EEBB05
DB2B592E357CA984E08B8655E0CAA7C6A7DD0D83
58F5182F27A4CDD329222CF7C9C5C70A3241B4D3

48F3768FE2972A5AA20D0D8122BC7800CABBD320
064C88C14B1F74243BD5DC983E9BAB52101DCB15
A8FA9610E7395E2733513807184B8860CAF8E2D7
E65D5CEA4BA93AF9E6FFE8995B7D4450C68565F0
F8858CDB8AC9AE7213CDE4932757899D625A2F2B

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019

Amen.

Though, I only consider it a "deal" at 50% off or greater.

HOWEVER,

Plague: Tale of Innocence is at a good value for an AA game. Disco Elysium is worth full price, so the small discount is a bonus.

I'll wait for a game like Greedfall though. That needs to come down a bit.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to grab this bundle as it comes with some decent DLCs

This is a good-ass bundle if you don't own most/any of these and are vaguely interested. I loved the Cities in Motion series and may be the only person in existence that's sad Colossal Order probably won't make a new one because Cities: Skylines is a runaway success. (But also I'm super glad Cities: Skylines is a runaway success, the SimCity successor we needed!)

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing game, one of the best of 2019. It's definitely not a "braindead" shooter as it has a mash up of a souls-like concerning melee combat/movement and some really, really tight gunplay with a cool twist concerning gun mods.

Thanks for the reply. I've been rather torn on what I wanted to buy, and I'd assumed Remnant from the Ashes was sort of a Left 4 Dead style game.

After watching some videos, the gunplay looks great, and I like the concept. I think I'm definitely grabbing it during the Winter Sale.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna do something I never do and self promote a bit. Both games were developed as part of the indie dev community here:

Fully voiced Otome visual novel with over 8000 lines of spoken dialogue, stars Ray Chase (FF XV), SungWon Cho (ProZD, Borderlands 3), Brandon McInnis, Andrew Love and Chris Patton along with Morgan Berry (My Hero Academia). Digitally painted characters, multiple endings, 3D backdrops, 4K support, and a wonderful soundtrack by Fat Bard.

ss_3b866e372e2e9a96d6cd45381409947707accc3a.1920x1080.jpg

ss_bd58c76f17e3f4fec9ccb065d5fd0eef857a157d.1920x1080.jpg

ss_8ea1ab635d08ac0d476a07f89b896c1f8eb01dbc.1920x1080.jpg

VR arcade gridiron football game with natural throw mechanics, punishing AI, a spectator screen broadcast modand a first-of-its-kind VR play editor.

ss_631546c73c95d81de3fc16f7ac2ab5fb78c0714d.600x338.jpg

ss_90b32db68bac899258d1f7625b06513ff4361140.1920x1080.jpg

ss_d8430466fd351a2336bcb2431a3f08bc9c99084f.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Alright I got $10.71 in my wallet.

whats the best multiplayer thing i should get ?

could even be MMO for all i care

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Cthulhu Saves Christmas is out now! Not only is it 10% off, but you get a free giftable copy of Cosmic Star Heroine with purchases while the sale lasts!

store.steampowered.com

Cthulhu Saves Christmas on Steam

Eldritch horror saves Christmas for fun & profit in this fast-paced turn-based JRPG comedy.