• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pretty poor compared to EGS offerings, still i need Sekiro and Disco Elysium so i will snatch em up. Are they cheaper on GMG? Havent had a chance to check yet,

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Trails in the Sky at 50% off is a steal for the hours it offers up, definitely worth grabbing if you haven't gotten into this brilliant JRPG series yet

And it's not a deep discount but 25% off Hypnospace Outlaw, one of this year's best games, is worth it:

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Not sure if on sale as I own it already but

A SHORT HIKE
A SHORT HIKE
A SHORT HIKE

Should be bought by people! One of the best from this year.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping Atelier Ryza would see a discount. Just noticed the season pass €55, for a €60 game. Can't imagine it doubles the content.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to buy Team Sonic Racing. Then I saw it has Denuvo. FML. I won't buy it.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
fSr2dbc.jpg

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
So is Rockstar exempt from the Steam ToS?

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/marketing/discounts

Wonder if people are eligible for a refund for RDR2 for the price difference, especially if they refer to this.
all the rules are bendable

bigger games do get different treatment

you can usually get the refund, as it specifically says this on the refund faq page: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4873-QOSK-5126#sale

I bought a game right before it went on sale. Can I get a refund and repurchase it at the sale price?
Yes.

If you have not already requested a refund, make sure the purchase is eligible and submit a request here.

Please note that approved refunds may take up to 7 days to process.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The steam homepage is completely glitched on my firefox. Like, a bunch of panels and game icons are all hidden or completely off the screen to the right.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My current FFXIV obsession has me wanting to play the older mainline Final Fantasy games I never played/finished. Are any of the PC ports so horrible I should avoid them? They generally have positive ratings (aside from the FF VIII remaster for some reason), but I thought I'd double check.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to point out that the Ys games are on sale. I know more people have been exposed to the series since VIII and perhpas they'd like to try the older games. I'll pick up Oath in Felghana as I've never played it before (I bought it already on PSP to play on Vita but never got around to it and I think the PC version will look a lot nicer).

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Just wanted to point out that the Ys games are on sale. I know more people have been exposed to the series since VIII and perhpas they'd like to try the older games. I'll pick up Oath in Felghana as I've never played it before (I bought it already on PSP to play on Vita but never got around to it and I think the PC version will look a lot nicer).
They were dirt cheap in the GOG autumn sale a few weeks back.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Hmm, as you guys are relatively unbiased compared to my own source.
I'm considering getting some games, but right now the choice is between Blacksad: Under the Skin or Warhammer Total War 2. Anyone got any recommendations? Are either of those games good?
I own Warhammer 1, and didn't find it that fun but I've been told 2 is supposed to be different.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
any jrpg suggestions to pick up during the sale ? I'm largely biased towards sprite- based visuals and anime art styles

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, as you guys are relatively unbiased compared to my own source.
I'm considering getting some games, but right now the choice is between Blacksad: Under the Skin or Warhammer Total War 2. Anyone got any recommendations? Are either of those games good?
I own Warhammer 1, and didn't find it that fun but I've been told 2 is supposed to be different.
Those are like completely different genres. I would say Warhammer 2 is similar to Warhammer 1, although with different races which might suit your preferred style better?

Well thats a first

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Those are like completely different genres. I would say Warhammer 2 is similar to Warhammer 1, although with different races which might suit your preferred style better?
Well I do like war games, especially the Total War ones but after Warhammer 1 I steered clear of it because I found it too limiting compared to Empire or even Medieval 2.
But yeah, sorry about the dissonance in genres*chuckles*

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when you didn't have to wait years for good discounts on games?
The first game on my wishlist to receive a better-than-50% discount is over two years old.
It's also worth noting that due to publishers putting prices up significantly in that time, these "50% discounts" are now about what I used to pay for games on release day.

Not sure if on sale as I own it already but

A SHORT HIKE
A SHORT HIKE
A SHORT HIKE

Should be bought by people! One of the best from this year.
This is also available DRM-free in the Humble Trove if you're a monthly subscriber.
I highly recommend it.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone looking for some fun Rogue-Lites to sink some time into, check these out.

Both are in Early Access but I've put about 40 hours into each one. Both have similarities to The Binding of Isaac, in terms of structure.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
all the rules are bendable

bigger games do get different treatment

you can usually get the refund, as it specifically says this on the refund faq page: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4873-QOSK-5126#sale
Game already had a discount for Autumn sale like 2 weeks ago. In other things, Valve tends to be quite lenient with their TOS and would allow you to do a discount if you annoy them enough / ask them.
Is there a way to ask for a refund in some other way? I tried asking for a refund during The Game Awards but was rejected because of my playtime

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
If you're looking for a great game from this year with an actually significant discount:

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like the same discounts theyve always had, maybe I'm too much of a cheapo and its time to bite the bullet on things Ive had on my wish list forever..

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like everything on my wishlist has been cheaper before, I'm not seeing anything above 50% off and I know a bunch of them hit 66% this year.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
The general strategy for Steam I use is simple. AAA, buy it on a third party source. Use Steam to buy 20 crazy looking indie games you've never heard of before that are 2 dollars.

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit.

Shop on Steam during the Winter Sale and earn 100 Festivity Tokens for every $1 you spend on Steam. You will be granted Festivity Tokens when you fund your Steam Wallet (during the sale) or make a purchase using non-Steam Wallet funds.

From what I remember, in past sales you would still earn cards, credits or whatever even when you use wallet funds. I bought something with wallet funds and didn't earn winter credits. So FYI for anyone else encountering this.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Few highly-recommended suggestions:

store.steampowered.com

Two Point Hospital on Steam

Design stunning hospitals, cure peculiar illnesses and manage troublesome staff as you spread your budding healthcare organisation across Two Point County.

store.steampowered.com

Project Zomboid on Steam

Project Zomboid is the ultimate in zombie survival. Alone or in MP: you loot, build, craft, fight, farm and fish in a struggle to survive. A hardcore RPG skillset, a vast map, massively customisable sandbox and a cute tutorial raccoon await the unwary. So how will you die? All it takes is a bite..

store.steampowered.com

Save 67% on Kenshi on Steam

A free-roaming squad based RPG. Focusing on open-ended sandbox gameplay features rather than a linear story. Be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a warlord, an adventurer, a farmer, a slave, or just food for the cannibals. Train your men up from puny victims to master warriors.

store.steampowered.com

Eastshade on Steam

You are a traveling painter, exploring the island of Eastshade. Capture the world on canvas using your artist’s easel. Talk to the inhabitants to learn about their lives. Make friends and help those in need. Visit cities, scale summits, unearth mysteries, and discover forgotten places!

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Don't see anyway to do that. You sure thats a thing?
You can try and use some of the other ticket systems (the one from Steam launcher error for instance) and write more about that in there. I know Akronis used that method to get some refunds for other reasons when not eligible.
There are real people reading those, so it isnt automatic.
I might give you a tutorial once I get home...

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You can try and use some of the other ticket systems (the one from Steam launcher error for instance) and write more about that in there. I know Akronis used that method to get some refunds for other reasons when not eligible.
Like this for example?
unknown.png

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017

Steam unfortunately closes tickets that are older than 60 days, but yeah I managed to get a refund for Ion Fury because the dev's bigotry despite owning the game since it first appeared on Steam (admittedly, I had only played for about 40 minutes so it's possible that's why it wasn't rejected).