• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
It's the time of the year where a lot of good games go on sale. Jedi Fallen Order is $48 for example. Always a good idea to have a separate Steam Christmas sale thread so people can talk about hidden gems and hauls.

Games You Might Have Missed Curator Page

Last edited:

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
They seem to be giving this out for free

Ld2Ihwm.png

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, it seems that everything you bought between the summer sale and this one don't count towards the rewards.
I bought the index so I hoped to get at least a hundred thousand.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to give a huge shoutout to someone no one here knows, a friend of mine named Crimson online. He has a really good job currently and has been well off for the last couple years, and he gave me and no joke, over 100 different other people who had done good for him $10-20 on Steam randomly just yesterday in the spirit of the season. I checked to make sure he wasn't hurting himself financially with this and everything was okay, but they were fine, but among my friend circles who were friends with him and some people he chose he just thought were good people, that was a surprise for a lot of us.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Progression of a Steam Holiday Sales thread:

1. Post about how Steam won't load
2. Whine about how Steam sales are garbage and have been for years (actually interest in the sale not required!)
3. Actually discuss the sales and games to purchase

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Was able to access wishlist but don't get excited, same deals or worse than every other sale (summer, autumn, whatever). Hitman 2 season pass is actually $2 more than it was a few weeks back.....

I'll probably grab Divinity Original Sin 2 and some other small games like Quadrilateral Cowboy and Katana Zero, but they're not cheaper than at other times before so kinda doesn't make a big difference.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
epic games store: offers a free 10€ coupon to anyone and works on all games that are 14.99€ and above + gives you another coupon each time you use it at no additional cost.

steam: trade you a 4.5€ coupon once if you spend 45€ on the store before.

bruh. i thought steam would have something a bit better at least

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, for anyone who doesn't know the drill yet, the store will be down for a bit, then go back up, all actual sale discounts may not kick in until several hours in.

Also I will do one shameless plug post and no more I suppose, but I do make little scrawly 2D horror games in some freetime if anyone wants to check those out:

I will also be pushing later in this thread other horror games from the last couple years I think are worth checking out, so if interested in that stay tuned~

Oct 25, 2017
epic games store: offers a free 10€ coupon to anyone and works on all games that are 14.99€ and above + gives you another coupon each time you use it at no additional cost.

steam: trade you a 4.5€ coupon once if you spend 45€ on the store before.

bruh. i thought steam would have something a bit better at least
Epic is losing money with their sales, they are still buying their way in. Of course they can't match that.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Im at work. I got $10.41 in my wallet. What do y'all recommend

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
The rule of thumb with big Steam sales is "don't bother checking Steam until the notification e-mail comes in about items from your wishlist being discounted"

most indie/AA games I've been interested in I already grabbed/am planning to grab from GOG.

I'm basically just looking for good SEGA an Squeeenix discounts. If those happen.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Whoa. Only20 minutes into the sale and I could immediately see the front page without an herror. What madness is this?!

Of course, opening up my wishlist is a different story...

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Time to not buy anything again because the discounts haven't changed for the items on my wishlist for the last 1-2 years... The games that actually drop in price significantly tend to be AAA games I already bought at launch from GMG. Some AA and indie games never drop much in price ever since Valve did away with flash sales, and they aren't immediate must buys for me.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Too bad all the tokens I never spent in the past events in the hopes of eventually getting a $5 coupon all got erased now.

2ff7db78367b5d2e66099c1d8e9eb82d746482bd.png

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are we not starting with any Tokens this time around unlike the summer sale?

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
ATLAS is $4.79. Most likely a price error so grab if you're interested. I know it's on your wishlist Dusk Golem
It's been around that much once before, don't think it's an error.

Unless it hasn't updated yet it seems like ArcheAge Unchained hasn't been discounted, I've been in the mood for an MMO style game with seafaring, is Atlas worth looking at? I know it got ragged on hard at launch but it seems recent reviews are positive.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
It's been around that much once before, don't think it's an error.

Unless it hasn't updated yet it seems like ArcheAge Unchained hasn't been discounted, I've been in the mood for an MMO style game with seafaring, is Atlas worth looking at? I know it got ragged on hard at launch but it seems recent reviews are positive.
Woops guess I jumped the gun. It was the same price 3 weeks ago lol

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest I was hoping my Index purchase would just dump a bunch of tokens on me this time.
same
My index preorder didn't go through until like a week after the Summer sale ended. Was really hoping it'd count towards the Winter sale but sadly not

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I haven't played Final Fantasy XV since launch on base PS4 and I kind of want to replay it now since I heard there's been many updates to make it a better game (I liked it then). Might bite at that $17.50 price especially since I have $10 in my account already.

Oct 27, 2017
Alien Isolation still full price. One of the games I wanted to check out on the new PC I built just before Halloween, and this is now the third major Steam sale since where it's not budged. I guess one day I'm just going to have to pay the £30.