• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda a let down that can't vote older games this year as I would of voted Among Us in the BETTER WITH FRIENDS AWARD so ended up voting Fuser instead.

Also not sure what I'm gonna get sale wise yet Death Stranding isn't a bad price at £27.49.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
The Crysis Collection is pretty tempting. Around $15 for all of the games.

store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Tinman

Nov 1, 2017
Picked up the deluxe edition of Deus Ex Mankind Divided for 7 Euro. Can't go wrong at that price

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing this time. I have spent too much on gaming related stuff this month.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Me: I'm not buying anything this sale, I have too much to play.

Also me:

w5jykml5jpu.png

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bought...entirely too much. But it'll last me until the Summer Sale...
(I say as I prepare to buy more in the Winter Sale if Square Enix wakes up next time)

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Wanted to nab Shadow Tactics, but my old PC only has half the video RAM required. :(

Got Triple Town for my wife. She always enjoyed it on Facebook.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018

Pathologic 2 is on sale again so please don't miss this chance to buy it if you didn't last week.

One of the best games of all time, easily. I usually buy a few copies to giftbot every single time it goes on sale.

Guys, this game is absurdly good. If I was to relitigate my 2019 list I would have this as my GOTY, that's in spite of DMC5 being my most anticipated game of all time and basically giving me exactly what I want.

Even if you hate it you really have to try it/

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up getting Dark Souls III with DLC. The PC price for the game has been ridiculous ever since they released the ultimate edition on console, but the sale price of $21 for everything is not bad, so I went for it.

I won't be getting a PS5 anytime soon, and I want to play DSIII at 60fps, finally, so... (beat it originally on PS4).
I'll jump back into the game after I finish replaying Dark Souls I, which has been fun to get back into after a few years.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got Hitman 1 and 2 Gold Edition. Both at 80% discount, basically a steal.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Undecided between Hunt: Showdown and Borderlands 3.

Always liked Borderlands games, but Hunt looks so damn interesting. I would have no one to play them with though, at least for now.

Will buy GTA Trilogy (mainly for GTA III for the Vita port), Doom classic coplete, Her Story, Disco Elysium and one of the other two mentioned games.

Any recomendation between those two, or other that I should consider?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone sell me on Outer Wilds ?

I ignored the game despite the universal acclaim because I thought it's "artsy" game that you finish in 2-3 hours (I know it's looked down upon here, but games considered super expensive in my country, so play time is important metric for me), but after doing some quick googling apparently it's a 20-30 hours game with No Man's Sky-like exploration ?

I just added fund to Steam Wallet for Wasteland 3 but now I wonder if I should go with Outer Wilds instead ?

It's one of the best games of all time imo. It's not that kind of game that you are thinking, while I'm sure it's possible some people get through it in 3 hours their first time it's more like a 10 or 12 hour experience. It certainly has it's emotional and uplifting moments but it's also a game about the cold expanse of space exploration and carefully managing your resources such as oxygen and time, while navigating and using deduction to figure out the great puzzle of the solar system.

It's an incredible game.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Going to pickup CONTROL and see how that performs on the 3080, pretty excited.

As for Sunset Overdrive, get it! Personally, I double dipped on it and possibly will play it one more time on PC Gamepass. Love it to pieces.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
*checks wishilist*
*nothing on it discounted*

i dont know if thats lucky or unlucky

guess i'll wait for winter

CaptainDreads

Nov 7, 2017

Always liked Borderlands games, but Hunt looks so damn interesting. I would have no one to play them with though, at least for now.

Will buy GTA Trilogy (mainly for GTA III for the Vita port), Doom classic coplete, Her Story, Disco Elysium and one of the other two mentioned games.

Given the choice I'd go for Hunt every time.

I found Borderlands 3 to just be "more Borderlands". It's good, but didn't blow my socks off. I had completed B2 about 6 months earlier though so maybe it was just fatigue.
Hunt: Showdown is a surprisingly unique experience given it is essentially a battle royale with zombies. It's a lot more slow paced, strategic and tense than most BRs due to fewer players per map (12) and how important sound is. The main game mode is duos and I've found my random partners to be more mature than most online games I've played.
Plus it looks gorgeous if you can power it

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

Always liked Borderlands games

thats enough to recommend borderlands 3 then. its "more borderlands" yeah, but.... thats kinda the point? its fun to play, got some of the cool additions of pre sequel and vastly improved QoL all across the board. writing is pretty bad, but shrug, its borderlands, it was never good. and with all the four DLC packs from season 1 theres plenty of content on it

doubt you will get many more recs for it here though since era hates gearbox/randy (with reason) and the game (that one not so much)

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You can't go wrong with Borderlands 3 or Hunt Showdown. Just keep in mind if you wanna max either of these games out at high res you're looking into 3080 territory.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of great deals, but I've got plenty to play still.

I think I'll pick up something obscure and cheap like Milk inside a Bag of Milk inside a Bag of Milk.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Given the choice I'd go for Hunt every time.

I found Borderlands 3 to just be "more Borderlands". It's good, but didn't blow my socks off. I had completed B2 about 6 months earlier though so maybe it was just fatigue.
Hunt: Showdown is a surprisingly unique experience given it is essentially a battle royale with zombies. It's a lot more slow paced, strategic and tense than most BRs due to fewer players per map (12) and how important sound is. The main game mode is duos and I've found my random partners to be more mature than most online games I've played.
Plus it looks gorgeous if you can power it
Go with Hunt. It's a more interesting game that needs the community. And you wouldn't be supporting a bad company like Gearbox. Win-win.
You can't go wrong with Borderlands 3 or Hunt Showdown. Just keep in mind if you wanna max either of these games out at high res you're looking into 3080 territory.

Y'all making so many good points. I'd be playing at 1080p so I know where I'm landing

thats enough to recommend borderlands 3 then. its "more borderlands" yeah, but.... thats kinda the point? its fun to play, got some of the cool additions of pre sequel and vastly improved QoL all across the board. writing is pretty bad, but shrug, its borderlands, it was never good. and with all the four DLC packs from season 1 theres plenty of content on it

doubt you will get many more recs for it here though since era hates gearbox/randy (with reason) and the game (that one not so much)

I'd be buying the base game. Game + season pass is still too pricey compared to the urge I have to play it, rather, I'd wait for the season pass to be cheaper.

Perhaps I'd go for Hunt now and BL3 for the winter sale lol. Or may end up just buying both idk lol. Borderlands is a safer bet but Hunt looks so damn good

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Y'all making so many good points. I'd be playing at 1080p so I know where I'm landing

I'd be buying the base game. Game + season pass is still too pricey compared to the urge I have to play it, rather, I'd wait for the season pass to be cheaper.

Perhaps I'd go for Hunt now and BL3 for the winter sale lol. Or may end up just buying both idk lol. Borderlands is a safer bet but Hunt looks so damn good

if youre willing to wait you could probably get a deal for BL3 + SP1 + SP2 down the line then

id recommend to get the DLC, though. its pretty good, and the writing is marginally better (which isnt hard considering how abysmal it is on base game, but still)

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Well I got Half-Life: Alyx, Superhot VR, and a kind friend bought me Pistol Whip and Beatsaber so I think I'm pretty set on some of the best VR stuff. Also, I bought Sunset Overdrive because it's still fun and looks great on PC.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

I'd like to recommend both of these. They're very good visual novels set in the World of Darkness, well written and very atmospheric. If you're wassailing at the lack of Bloodlines 2 these will slake your thirst.

Twenty Three

Oct 28, 2017

Get Hunt. Amazing game. Great community. Cant get my wife off it!

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Control but I have a conundrum, because I own the game on EGS and already finished the main story.

Buy the expansion pass on EGS: I guess, but it's normal price and it's almost as expensive as just getting the Ultimate Edition.
Buy the Ultimate Edition on EGS: You can't. As soon as you buy the normal version you're locked out of the Ultimate Edition. Plus, you don't get anything extra over the expansion pass anyways. For now, it's more expensive than the expansion pass, so who cares.
Buy the Ultimate Edition on Steam (via GMG): Okay, pay a few bucks extra to get the game plus expansions on Steam? Sure, I'd do that. But then it turns out migrating your save games from EGS is troublesome and potentially won't work, so then I'd have to play the whole game over again just to see the expansions??!

REMEDY, WHY ISN'T THIS EASIER.

Besides that, thinking about Sunset Overdrive but otherwise might just wait for the Holiday Sale.