• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Sorry if considered OT, but those looking for a deal may want to know Game Pass Ultimate is $19.99 for 3 months at Target.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I wanted to pick up the Doom Eternal Year One DLC Pass but it's not on sale even though the base game is...wth?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone sell me on Outer Wilds ?

I ignored the game despite the universal acclaim because I thought it's "artsy" game that you finish in 2-3 hours (I know it's looked down upon here, but games considered super expensive in my country, so play time is important metric for me), but after doing some quick googling apparently it's a 20-30 hours game with No Man's Sky-like exploration ?

I just added fund to Steam Wallet for Wasteland 3 but now I wonder if I should go with Outer Wilds instead ?

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020

I ignored the game despite the universal acclaim because I thought it's "artsy" game that you finish in 2-3 hours (I know it's looked down upon here, but games considered super expensive in my country, so play time is important metric for me), but after doing some quick googling apparently it's a 20-30 hours game with No Man's Sky-like exploration ?

I just added fund to Steam Wallet for Wasteland 3 but now I wonder if I should go with Outer Wilds instead ?

Can't go wrong with either and they are very different. Wasteland 3 still needs some kinks ironed out and Outer Wilds is a polished experience and the exploration is really fucking cool.

Apr 19, 2018
Against my better judgement, I went ahead and picked up Death Stranding. I'm hoping the higher performance will be an incentive for me to give it a chance again, since my PS4 copy is still sitting on my shelf with just a few hours worth of play.

Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the $20 Switch version of Fight 'N Rage, and snagged it for a fiver here.

I'm almost inclined to pick up Resident Evil 3 at $20, even if I own and played through the PS4 Pro version a few dozen times this year already. I just love it that much.

Really wished River City Girls saw a discount. Maybe for the Winter Sale?

Rudr

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Bought Control Ultimate Edition (GMG).. Really want to get Hades too but think i'm gonna wait my backlog is too big as is.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I grabbed KOTOR...I haven't played since I was a kid and have super fond memories.

Was thinking about Dicey Dungeons or Disco Elysium as well but I know those are supposed to come to switch eventually, and I'd prefer to play them there, so I'll hold out.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Can't go wrong with either and they are very different. Wasteland 3 still needs some kinks ironed out and Outer Wilds is a polished experience and the exploration is really fucking cool.

I think I'm going to go with Outer Wilds.

The last few games I played are RPG, and I think I might get burned out (of the genre) if I go with Wasteland 3. And hopefully by the time Wasteland 3 goes on sale again, it would be cheaper and more polished.

Questiion, how difficult is the game ?

bic

Oct 28, 2017
I would have picked up Horizon Zero Dawn if had any sort of discount but no luck :(

Might get Star Wars Squadrons and the Hitman 2 Expansion pass. Tempted by Mafia remastered and Wasteland 3 but I've got too much on the backlog atm to buy them, even at a discount.

Does Squadrons work with a HOTAS? And is it a good experience?

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Against my better judgement, I went ahead and picked up Death Stranding. I'm hoping the higher performance will be an incentive for me to give it a chance again, since my PS4 copy is still sitting on my shelf with just a few hours worth of play.

Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the $20 Switch version of Fight 'N Rage, and snagged it for a fiver here.

I'm almost inclined to pick up Resident Evil 3 at $20, even if I own and played through the PS4 Pro version a few dozen times this year already. I just love it that much.

Really wished River City Girls saw a discount. Maybe for the Winter Sale?
I promise you, Death Stranding gets so much better after the 3rd chapter. It becomes MUCH more enjoyable and it's when the game begins to open up. The story legitimately gets good and it's still a game I think about to this day. It also fits perfectly right now with you know, a whole pandemic going on. At that price, I don't think you can go wrong.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Wasn't really planning on buying anything and was completely unaware of how much I needed Black Mesa. Forgot all about it and then saw the update along with the 50% off discount. Just finished 3 hours of it... and it's so much better than I could have hoped for. Recently restarted HL and the work these guys did with this is insane.

Not sure I'll get anything else.

Apr 19, 2018
I promise you, Death Stranding gets so much better after the 3rd chapter. It becomes MUCH more enjoyable and it's when the game begins to open up. The story legitimately gets good and it's still a game I think about to this day. It also fits perfectly right now with you know, a whole pandemic going on. At that price, I don't think you can go wrong.

This is promising to hear! I think I was right on the cusp of getting to Chapter 3, but never quite got there. Will definitely make a concerted effort this time around, if not for the enjoyment of the gameplay (which I do hope gets better as well), but to at least experience the story.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
This is promising to hear! I think I was right on the cusp of getting to Chapter 3, but never quite got there. Will definitely make a concerted effort this time around, if not for the enjoyment of the gameplay (which I do hope gets better as well), but to at least experience the story.
If you have to, just play on easy. It doesn't take away from the experience and it allows you really enjoy it, but trust me, getting to Chapter 3 is the hard part. After that, you'll get something that makes your life so much easier and it'll make it much more fun to play. The story itself still resonates with me and I honestly think it's one of my favorite games of the last generation. I hope you stick with it!

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
RE3
Gears 5
Melty Blood Actress Again
Vampyr
Middle Earth: SoW
Tis' was a good haul, been a while since I've played pancakes games on PC, have no idea which plot heavy game to start with though...
Ended up buying more games outside of Steam, seems like sales are even better.
Death Stranding
Persona 4 Golden(actually have a Vita with it, but for 11 euros why not)
Control Ultimate edition

Last edited:

Twenty Three

Oct 28, 2017
I got Hunt Showdown for my son, so he can play it online with his stepmum. I will also get him R6.

Got myself Dark Souls 3.

If I get anything else, Im thinking either Borderlands 3, Xcom 2 or Doom Eternal.

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
grabbed a few cheapies from the old wishlist, gonna keep it low budge this year

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I'm "scared" to buy some popular games in Autumn Sale, only to find out that Winter Sale could have been discounted more and regret it.

Right now, Assassin's Creed franchise will be on the list, don't know if they can be further discounted more than 80% to all games (currently only Origin is in 80%), but I guess they pretty much reached to max. Maybe I can wait till Winter Sale.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Wide Ocean Big Jacket. Already own it on Switch but it's arguably my game of the year and I want to support it as much as I can.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I have a weird friction where I see Assassin's Creed deeply discounted and my lizard brain says "Ooh, a cheap AAA game!" but then my forebrain replies, "Are you really going to punish your hard drive with Assassin's Creed?"

I went ahead and grabbed Tekken 7 and Greedfall, though. May as well.

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Both wasteland 3 and outer wilds are available on game pass

SmartBase

Self-requested ban
Dec 17, 2017
Grabbed a few addons for Cities Skylines, keeping it cheap this year but still supporting the local economy and all that.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Outer Wilds is so tempting. I just don't know if it's worth buying something I won't play until the holidays at which point I'll be able to buy it for potentially cheaper in the winter sale.

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately gamepass is not supported/available in my country. Xbox/Microsoft pretty much doesn't have presence here.

And both games have good regional pricing I don't really mind getting them on Steam (W3 is only 11$ and OW is only 5$).
Sorry.

I tend to forget it's not available everywhere, which seems crazy for a company of Microsoft's size.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Most steam sales nowadays is just me buying DLC for games that I have than I can't anywhere else. So Pinball FX3 and the Euro/American Truck Simulator stuff.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
I might get Oblivion GOTY since I don't own that on Steam (own the DVD-ROM of the Original from back in the day though). Every now and then a thread will pop up about Oblivion and I'll think "Hell yeah, that game was awesome. I've never done any modding with it...."

Most of my wishlist isn't that appealing right now and I'm generally good gaming-wise since I managed to pick up a PS5....and I shouldn't be spending a bunch of money since my property taxes just came out of my account without warning. Yipes.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Bought

Chasm,
Gris,
Outer Wilds,
Transistor.

Deals weren't all that great, but I've been meaning to try these out.

Outer Wilds is so tempting. I just don't know if it's worth buying something I won't play until the holidays at which point I'll be able to buy it for potentially cheaper in the winter sale.

I'm guessing the sale will be the same price or maybe slightly cheaper. Probably not a big difference in any case. If you're not playing it now you might as well wait.

Sarevok

Jul 13, 2020
Probably gonna skip this one since I'm currently invested in Shadowlands and Cyberpunk is coming out in 2 weeks.
Probably.

hersheyfan