• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on an every other week rotation. Do stuff one weekend, stay the fuck in the next, etc. The holidays always throw this plan haywire though, pretty much booked from early Nov until Feb.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I dont mind but I feel bad if I dont do anything that I can do on normal nights... today I watched a movie and Friday night was at home but have friends for beer and PES, so that is quite good.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I don't do it every weekend, but sometimes you just need a stay at home one to refresh your batteries.

I always feel more rested on those weekends than at the ones that I did stuff. Though they also go by way quicker.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love my weekends at home. Play some video games, play on my arcade machines, hang out with my kid.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
A busy weekend after a long work week is the worst.

Having no place to go on the weekend after a work week is the best.

Although my body and mind self-regulate - they usually tell me when I have to get outside for a bit when I'm sitting inside too long during the weekend.

But no, I don't feel the slightest bit guilty when I stay in for the weekend.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Nah fuck feeling guilty about that. Either I'm tired as shit or I'm broke. Why force going out?

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Hell no I don't feel bad. I make it a point to get up early Saturday mornings and run my errands so I can be back home by 11 or 12 and spend the rest of the weekend at home watching movies with my wife, catching up on games, whatever. I don't give a fuck what it is, as long as I'm at home.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love weekends staying in. Wife does as well.

We often both have to do some work, but otherwise we get a good mix of alone time--usually gaming for me and TV shows for her--and hanging out in the evenings.

Though I suppose we do usually go out at least once most weekends though. Often walking somewhere for brunch or dinner. And of course some times are meeting up with friends or going to concerts/sporting events/movies etc. But we definitely stay in more than we did when we were younger.

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
other than the occasional instance where i'll meet someone for coffee or lunch, i spend every weekend at home.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
The older you get the more you appreciate the small downtime on weekends or vacations. It was nice just staying home today and just relaxing and cooking. No stress, just full decompression time.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
As long as I sleep in on Saturday and get to relax I'm content.

I'm around people all week, being able to just be at home and relax with my dogs is one of the best parts of the week for me.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I'm staying in because I have to do homework. But back when I was working, I would enjoy staying in, wearing my pjs, playing video games, and hanging out with my partner. I'm happy if i don't have to go outside. (Which probably makes it a waste to live in NYC...)

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I like to get out when I'm in the mood, but I mostly prefer to stay in on the weekends, especially in the winter. There's a nice little balance to be struck in there. Sure, go out, be social, have fun. But if you find yourself back at work on Monday thinking to yourself "I regret making plans to be busy from 5pm Friday through 10pm Sunday", you should probably make time to enjoy some down time for yourself. Having a "nothing" day every now and again is absolutely wonderful and I cannot imagine how people function without them.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Depends on what I'm doing.

Most of my computer/gaming/netflix time already happens after work so if I spend my weekend doing the same it feels a waste as I've been doing that for years.

Doing something different is what I want out of my weekends. ofc I still need my off weekends where I just lounge around all day but I feel they need to be deserved - huge week at work, frantic last couple weekends etc.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I spend my whole weekend studying. Need to be in bed early Friday and Saturday night or the studying is unproductive. Then early to bed Sunday for work.

Haven't been out on a weekend in 3 years

sharkkiee

Aug 6, 2018
who cares? do what you want to do, not what others expect from you geez...people on this forum seriously do overthink things WAY too much a lot of the time..think for yourself

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to hear what your coworkers are getting up to that is so great.

Seriously, stop giving a hoot what they think of your time away from work.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I love weekends staying in. Wife does as well.

We often both have to do some work, but otherwise we get a good mix of alone time--usually gaming for me and TV shows for her--and hanging out in the evenings.

Though I suppose we do usually go out at least once most weekends though. Often walking somewhere for brunch or dinner. And of course some times are meeting up with friends or going to concerts/sporting events/movies etc. But we definitely stay in more than we did when we were younger.
Damn that sounds like the perfect life honestly

Why oh why did I break up with my ex

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
''after working 9-5 I don't have the energy"

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
I almost always stay in on the weekends. I use the extra time for vacuuming, doing laundry, making more complex food than on the weekdays, watching movies and playing games. Or visit my parents or have them visit me.

I love it.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Most of my collegues love stay in weekend as well, so I'm in good company.

I love staying in combined with a lunch or a drink in the town center.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Yeah sometimes I do feel guilty due staying in all weekend. I talk to the public all week so I can get extroverted some times on the weekend. But it balances out ;went to the city two weekends ago and saw sheer madness, aquarium, and art museum.

Plus it's February now up north. Prime video-game, movies, chores, and reading weather

Plus most of my local old time friends are always drinking and I fell off that train about 8 years ago. Today's the super bowl and I took tomorrow off so I'll probably get loaded tonight

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
No

I have no reason to feel guilty for doing something that I enjoy over the weekend, even if it isn't skydiving into a volcano

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I would go out more if I had more money.

For now I'm happy to stay home a lot, I like it.