• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
It's a lockdown now where I live... and I don't have backlog.

BUT,

I have Dreams and the community levels are keeping me busy enough ;-)

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
I'll have more time to work through my backlog, as i won't be commuting (so technically, will save a good 2 1/2 hours a day from travelling, meaning that's an extra 2 1/2 hours i can have for gaming). Plus, i can probably squeeze an hour in at lunch.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Animal Crossing does sound like a balmy distraction from stressful times

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I'll spend next two weeks working remotely from home, so yes. Don't really plan to go much. I'm going to finally wrap Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the Switch. Currently I'm also playing Super Star Wars on PS4, but this isn't a long game, so may beat this quickly.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
My job forced me to work from home beginning this week. But I haven't played that much until Ori came out yesterday.

If this state of things continues, I might dig into some older games though.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
My area is still pretty clean of the virus (we had one early case that got resolved because the person who just visited China got herself checked out before becoming symptomatic, good for her), but unfortunately I do have a job that I can do the majority of from home, so staying home wouldn't suddenly give me all the time in the world to finally get to my mountainous backlog.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I can actually do a lot of work from home, so I'll only be digging into my backlog if I actually get ill. I have stockpiled some books, though, just in case...

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Actually have been doing this for most of this year so far, but it might finally be time to dig into Dark Souls Remastered if wfh gets granted to us.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
i would love to spend some time at home, but not in this conditions :(
sadly my backlog is not that big, but i would love to play that new cod warzone game and the new animal crossing asap

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I was until i realized State of Decay 2's new massive update hits tomorrow along with POE's new patch. I'll probably play those till Animal Crossing.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I have a 1 year old so probably not so much. This would have been a dream if it was a few years ago since I work at a school. Oh well. Stay healthy and safe everyone.

Backlog I'll be trying to complete :
-DQXI : S
- Hollow Knight
- Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I like how in these troubling times you can say things like "in these troubling times."

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I could be self quaranteed for a whole year and I probably wouldn't kill my JRPG backlog

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
My kids will still be at home if I am at home so there won't be much difference.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
I've heard nothing about working from home, but if I did I would be working just as much in a less comfortable environment.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I feel like a doomsday prepper. The backlog I have built over the years wasn't a result of my lack of restraint, it was for this!

Seriously though, my job is going to let me work from home and I will be staying home for the next week or so, depending on how things progress. Already my coworkers are not looking forward to being limited in their freetime, while I can at least look forward to playing more games. Afterall...now that I'm going to be home more often I don't have much to stop me from playing.

I just started Fire Emblem Three Houses and man is it an excellent time sink. If I finish that, I will finally open my copy of Control I bought during Black Friday. Hell, I might see how good that COD Battle Royale is tomorrow.

Anybody else planning to dig in to the ol backlog during these troubling times?

Shouldn't you be. . .yanno. . .teleWORKING?

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I'm digging into my backlog of Netflix shows/movies, but I'm gaming less. I have no interest in my PS4 anymore and pretty much all I'm playing on Switch at the moment are Picross games (which I love). When Animal Crossing comes out next week, that will be the main game I play for a long time.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I already game too much at work as it is - I tend to get more done working from home, so probably not (also, backlog be damned, I'm neck-deep in Nioh 2 right now).

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I could stay home for now for the rest of March but I need to get paid and I am doing Extra time as well.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Honestly yes. I'm expecting a hold on most projects I'm working on and to be sent home. The only thing I feel bad about is I was about to start a few PR cycles at the gym and this will set me back if I stop going.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I've still got steady, out-of-home work, but in the eventuality I don't, it's a good thing I was already starting to seriously play through my backlog from the beginning of 2020 regardless.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
My office did shut down for the time being, but I still have to work. If I were going to sneak some game time in it would be Ori, not my backlog.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Well, they are discussing in school shutdown for two weeks starting Monday where I come from and since I am a teacher I am affected of this. Guess I get some extra time to play videogames as a two week holiday would follow following the shutdown so I'd have four weeks off. Have some games I'd like to dive into.

Oct 25, 2017
On Saturday I'll start playing Zero no Kiseki, which means that I have five 60-100 hour JRPGs to go through now... (Zero/Ao/CS1/CS2/CS3), some off time would be nice.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad that I'm kind of pumped that some social and business occasions are all getting cancelled which means more game time?

Like, thank goodness for our hobby. I'd be gutted if the thing I love to do so much was difficult to do when crises like these go down. It's total comfort food to get away from the anxiety and panic of the whole situation out in the real world.

I say this as my partner is miserable because he loves outdoorsy stuff, social occasions, taking bike rides, and just generally getting out of the house, while I'm the total homebody.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Not locked down yet in London, but I expect we will be rather soon. Unfortunately I can work from home, but I'm probably spending too much time playing games anyway.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
No. I already work from home. Its difficult to go from sitting and staring at a screen all day to more of it.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My area has the right combination of international airport, large city, and a 'dammit I'll be fine' mentality.

So I'm home playing Half-life 1! Playing the Black Mesa remake, it's really great!

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Croatia is steadily increasing readiness level and cancelling many events (currently all above 100 people), so quarantine isn't out of the question, especially because Italy is so close to us. So, in preparation, my friends and I have finally decided to start something we've been talking about for years - our own Minecraft Realm.

We haven't played MC for years and I never approached anything even close to mid or endgame (I never enchanted or raided a Nether fortress before, for example), but now I am blazing through the content and building something on a scale I've never done before.

In these past few days I finally "got Minecraft" and it really is a great way to socialize. Safe to say, it will be our quarantine game if it comes to it. I recommend it!

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
If my workplace closes and I need to work from home, which is possible, I've already got plans to get some CoD Warzone played with co-workers in between responding to emails.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to, I work from home now but with the kid around I'll make the same little progress on my ever increasing backlog as I did before the crisis.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't say backlog, but yeah... I'm self isolating as of today. Which obviously sucks.

I'll be digging into COD Warzone a lot and playing the new Sea of Thieves update that launches today. Thankfully I can still be social with my friends over a headset!

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
I work from home and set my own hours. This really won't effect me or my playtime, unless of course my clients start to thin out. Then yea I've been meaning to beat Evil Within 2, God of War, Spiderman, and Tales of Berseria if all goes down the toilet.

But, with REmake3 and FFVIIR in a few weeks, then the LoU2 in a few more .. I don't know how much backlog diving I'm going to be doing.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I am staying at home. But my work is staying with me. So no, if anything I'm playing even less.
Edit: Also, even though my University closed, I still have to teach my class from home, in addition to all the other work. I save some hours of travel though.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Not that much. Animal Crossing, Persona 5 Royal, FFVIIR, and maybe a launch day REmake 3 purchase will keep me busy. But, will try to make progress in Sekiro.

My backlog is mostly me being stuck in the last boss of Dark Souls III and having the second DLC to go through and I don't really feel like playing that in a little while.