• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
THE ROAD AHEAD FOR MCC TO PC

As some folks learned from the end of year update, our external partners are working on bringing all the remaining titles to PC at the same time. This means that a ton of work is being done on the upcoming titles. Below is a list of current areas of focus for key features for each title that are in development right now.

REACH FORGE & THEATER SUPPORT ON PC

We've continued to make great progress, fix bugs, and iterate on design around Halo: Reach's Forge and Theater. We are now beginning to touch some of the universal systems that will support other titles on PC for their implementations of these features.

• Support for mouse and keyboard controls for all functions of Forge and Theater.
  • Support for in-game HUDs of Forge and Theater to support mouse clicks, selection, and keyboard shortcut keys.
  • Support for Forge and Theater settings in pause menu and front end.
  • Forge and Theater support for video, audio, and other settings for each game as selected in the front end.
  • Support for placing and manipulating all Forge objects via mouse and keyboard.
  • Support file saves MVars/GVars saving and uploading to Xforge.
  • Forge and Theater modes respond appropriately to Windows events such as resizing, minimizing, switching to full screen and windowed, etc.
HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED ANNIVERSARY

h1wip-b45c79788e344a8bb3f14957b3a64897.jpg

Shortly after the break, we hit Alpha and are making good progress on our Beta candidate, which is largely what you'll see in the upcoming flight.

• Mod support
  • Terminal videos
  • MP deterministic model on PC.
  • Localization work
  • Bug Fixing
  • Flight Support
HALO 2

• FOV Support in progress
  • First pass at latency reduction
  • VFR Support in progress
  • First optimization pass is complete
  • Profiling on min spec PC is complete
HALO 2: ANNIVERSARY

h2awip-cdbacd2fdc8f41af8dd9d9c85e302913.jpg

• M&K Support
  • Aspect Ratio Support in progress
  • Forge support work has begun
HALO 3

h3wip-ed35b6a4686b46929b7394452150c837.jpg

• M&K Support
  • First pass at latency reduction
  • Forge support work has begun
HALO 3: ODST

• Game runs on PC
  • M&K Support
HALO 4

• Game runs on PC
  • Profiling has begun

As always, there are likely some things we've neglected to mention in here. Please reach out to us through the various forms of social outlets and let us know your thoughts to help us build our topics for the next development blog. Thanks for your continued support and please keep the feedback coming!

-farn

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Does this game have any kind of online / co-op lobby browser? I remember playing this at launch and being bummed out I couldn't browse different online co-op sessions and join in randomly.

I might be wrong though, I haven't played this in ages.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is cool I like how they just give you the real raw status of the games

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
what's the difference between 2 and 2 Anniversary? they just throw some more effects and aa in there for fun or what
Completely overhauled visuals with the option to go back to the original look, an optional redone soundtrack... that's basically it. But it looks and sounds fantastic. Again though, the changes are largely optional, and you can switch between them on the fly.

Here's a comparison:

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Completely overhauled visuals with the option to go back to the original look, an optional redone soundtrack... that's basically it. But it looks and sounds fantastic. Again though, the changes are largely optional, and you can switch between them on the fly.
Dont forget full cutscenes from Blur also.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're really going the extra mile here.

With that said, here are some of the things on my wishlist:
- ODST Firefight
- Splitscreen co-op
- Steam Controller support

And OFC: Halo 5

I never got an Xbone, so I haven't been able to play it.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

Here's a comparison:

some of that lighting is a huge improvement

and the texture work alone... its hard to remember it wasn't that long ago that's what things looked like

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what's the difference between 2 and 2 Anniversary? they just throw some more effects and aa in there for fun or what

Here's a comparison:

Well, Halo 2 Anniversary MP is a completely standalone game. Made in Halo 4 engine, different visuals and audio from the campaign remaster. Different weapon and vehicle sandbox. It has Forge as well.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Wow I didn't know they did so much for Halo 2 Anniversary. Thats really cool.

I know they said the audio issues would take time but Im worried they're just gonna drop it, it takes many months, or other games will have the same issue.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Well, Halo 2 Anniversary MP is a completely standalone game. Made in Halo 4 engine, different visuals and audio from the campaign remaster. Different weapon and vehicle sandbox. It has Forge as well.
I forgot about that as well (probably since I didn't play it much). It's worth noting for SteveWinwood that it's separate from the normal Halo 2 multiplayer though. You can play either the original multiplayer, or the Anniversary multiplayer. MCC has both.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Halo reach has 3k players on steam right now... the game dropped off pretty fast. Will wait and see how the others do before purchasing.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Hoping all games get viewmodel adjustment settings. I've been playing through modded versions of Reach's campaign on PC and they all address how off the guns look with crosshairs centered. You see some of your left shoulder at times and the gun appears quite high on the screen. One thing the mods do is kinda drop the butt of the gun a bit so it appears they're coming more from bottom right instead of high on the right side. This improves visibility and looks great in general. Halo 2 needs this badly as I always felt the barrels of the guns (carbine especially) were so close to the reticle their muzzle flashes would block the reticle. Being able to shift them lower and a little to the side will do wonders.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The transparency is greatly appreciated. I hope they also manage to improve the FOV settings by also making the gun smaller. It still takes up like half the screen no matter the setting

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Halo reach has 3k players on steam right now... the game dropped off pretty fast. Will wait and see how the others do before purchasing.
Most people play SP. And the MP of Reach is fine but isnt really like old Halo people want to play online and also he a less of a "childhood" factor like Halo 1 and 2 have.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Reach is pretty much the worst of the games and doesn't have the appeal of what MCC is which is imo queuing up and landing in any game. The full package should do quite a bit better at retaining people similar to Xbox

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
Awww Halo 2 and Anneversary are gonna be seperate releases?
I'm assuming campaign is bundled but multiplayer might not be as thats its own separate thing.

Those numbers will go up once Halo 2 and 3 are released.

I hope they are also fixing the Campaign achievements.
That's mentioned in passing towards the end I believe.

No updates on Reach patches :(((((((((((((
Read it again but they dedicated a few parts of the update solely to Reach.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming campaign is bundled but multiplayer might not be as thats its own separate thing.

Those numbers will go up once Halo 2 and 3 are released.

That's mentioned in passing towards the end I believe.

Read it again but they dedicated a few parts of the update solely to Reach.
Reach FORGE not the main game

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
Reach FORGE not the main game
Does this not mean anything to you?
  • Audio Issues: Work has continued since the last update and we hope to have some more in depth updates for you in the next blog. This ongoing work has also led to preemptive fixes to help prevent similar issues from occurring in future MCC PC releases.
  • Stuttering : Our investigation has progressed and forked into two paths:
  • 3rd party software : We are working with partners to see if there are ways to improve how we handle some of the more problematic software between us, them, and EAC. Examples include keyboard lighting applications or other peripheral customizable option applications.
  • Uncapped framerate: Prototyping on a framerate limiter has shown some good initial results of stuttering going away once a cap is set to what your monitor supports.
  • Menu Performance: We are still attempting to investigate issues players have reported on this.
  • Screen Tearing/V=Sync: There have been some bugs fixes around this that will be in one of our upcoming patches and we will continue to address issues as they pop up.
  • Co-Op Latency: No updates on this one. There is no active development happening around improving/re-writing the legacy network code around this area of the game. Unfortunately, this would be a massive undertaking and just isn't within the realm of what the team can currently support.
  • EAC Error messages: As part of our investigation, we've enabled more verbose logging. We are continuing to monitor and improve where we can.
  • Key Bindings: Work is in progress to support rebinding both text chat and push to talk.
  • Mouse Input: We have seen a small percentage of players reporting this as an issue, please continue to submit support tickets if you experience input delay problems. This is an area of the game that we will continue to monitor and improve upon where we can.
  • View Model: As discussed in December's Development Update Blog, an initial implementation is in iterative development which will allow players to make changes to the view model along the X and Y axis (horizontal and vertical). This work is still in progress but will be flighted for feedback prior to release.
  • Crouch While Moving: We are planning on flighting this prior to release. Feedback/reception from the player base will determine its launch readiness post flight.
  • Idle Stops matchmaking: This is still on our list but nothing active on this one in January as we try to tackle higher priority issues
  • Aim Assist: This continues to remain high on our list and we are actively talking through solutions. Nothing to share in this update, but I hope to have some more to talk about in our February Update
  • Achievement Issues & Support Tickets: I've added this to our issues list because while it's not at the top of any list that is visible, problems with achievements have been one of the most reported issues through our customer support team. That team is continuing to work though these issues but due to the volume, this is going to take much more time for us to get through. The good news here – we are not ignoring these tickets. Our support agents are likely to ask you follow-up questions to help the investigation, please try your best to work with them and leave your frustration out of that conversation.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Do they mean they intend to release all the other games at the same time? Or they're just working on all the other games at the same time?

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Disappointed there doesn't seem to be any updates on the pretty horrendous audio issues plaguing Reach on MCC PC. Unless I've just missed it somewhere?

Ended up in a 10 minute plus game of BTB where it was non-stop, garbled, mangled audio that made playing painful. Yet I didn't want to quit and receive any repercussions for it.