• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
State of Play returns Thursday
6kOZPyE.jpg

No big PS5 announcements
UjKHtUN.jpg

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Sigh... stop baiting each other... I know both are scared to go first.... jeez

Heck Nintendo Just release BOTW2 in November to really cause them stress...

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Okay. Nothing to be excited for then. I'm glad expectations are there though.

So price later in the month on another event, or September now?

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Bruh, I just want to know when I can throw my $500 at you Sony to pre-order the gosh darn system 😭😭😭

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Glad they specifically mentioned no PS5 announcements. Would have been easy to not say anything knowing it would increase viewership, but they know it's not worth the push back they'd get post-stream.

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
Ya both company's don't wanna announce that price first lol. People Expecting 399 gonna be disappointed

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
at this rate both will announce their price minutes before launch in november.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
40 minutes and nothing PS5 aside from check-ins on third parties/Indies.

So I can safely skip this without having missed any announcements for the console launching in four months. Got it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
This is what Nintendo should do when announcing certain directs to prevent too much hype

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
PS5 Price: we're never getting a price, everytime you buy a PS5 Sony spins a roulette wheel and you pay a random amount each time.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I can't help but see this as an extremely long stand-off where both companies are waiting for the other to pull the trigger on pricing first because yeesh

I'm curious what'll even be shown here, though. I'd say Cyberpunk is likely but doesn't Microsoft have the marketing deal with that?

Nos

Oct 27, 2017
So why even do this? They know whats going to happen.
These companies ...they never learn.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Good thing Sony just set the expectations straight out by saying "NOPE NO BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS HERE" but in spite of Silent Hill most likely not appearing, at least we get more updates on the games we saw last month.

Just weird that they're going to focus on PS4. I'm sure there are pretty big third party games coming out there, unless of course the focus is on cross-gen titles.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
This whole prolonging the price and preorders on both sides is getting a little ridiculous now.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They are learning from Nintendo in how to manage expectations during these times - fans always go to crazy with expectations lol.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
We aren't gonna get a price for these consoles until an hour before the systems are available at the store

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
You'll know the price after you pay for it, you get the receipt 6 months later.