• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this one will set the benchmark going forward.

The first inside Xbox was a real poop fest. So I didnt bother watching them anymore going forward.

If Sony puts a bad foot forward, I think this will severely diminish the hype for the next ones.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
If the first one they have sucks why would people watch future ones, they should come out of the gate strong to push the concept.
Yeah, that's what I said earlier in the thread, too. The potential is there but it's important to have a great first impression otherwise people will just write these off.

Crazy Steve

Oct 27, 2017
Or you can be smarter and game on everything.

giphy.gif
That's a bingo! Everything that has a lot of good games.
tumblr_otnthaposk1u0g2hka2.gif

Come on man. Finally some action here late at night. Oh and.. late at night? Time to go to bed.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the first one they have sucks why would people watch future ones, they should come out of the gate strong to push the concept.

Let's be honest here, what people here really want are AAA game announcements, anything less will be a disappointment. Most people don't actually care about what Sonya has to say, they just need exclusives for ammo.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pacing is very important for a lot of people including me, it is a huge part of why sony's E3 2016 is considered one of the best E3's of all time. it helps make even a show with mostly lackluster content a good one, or bring down the quality of a show with high level of content (see E3 2018), i dont want to see sid shuman talk with a group of people in the middle of this show, what i want to see is game trailer after game trailer after game trailer.

Pretty much this. Only difference is that while I hated Sony's E3 2018 showcase last year, once the intermission ended and it was game after game after game, it became my best showcase. Add in the fact that while the intermission sucked, it made sense due to how they setup the show even though it was a bad idea but most importantly, it showed COD BO4 and the Destiny 2 expansion which was great because I had zero interest in those two games so to get them both out of the way early on made me very happy.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I don't get this, why can't Sony just hold these information until e3 rather than not have an e3 :/. Monday in March just seem too random.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't get this, why can't Sony just hold these information until e3 rather than not have an e3 :/.
2 possible reasons
  1. There's stuff in there they need to get out before E3 because it might release before or around E3
  2. It's simply not big enough to fill an E3 conference. People expect the huge AAA stuff at E3, they don't for online shows like this

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this, why can't Sony just hold these information until e3 rather than not have an e3 :/. Monday in March just seem too random.
Because E3 is a massive waste time and money at this point. They not going to announced the PS5 yet so why even go to E3 right now?To show the same games again?

I honesty dont get why people care where the info comes from,why should stuff be save?

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Take into account that it is almost a week before the end of their Q4 2018. The timing is indeed suspicious, but I am under the impression something more important could be revealed tomorrow. :O

Crazy Steve

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest here, what people here really want are AAA game announcements, anything less will be a disappointment. Most people don't actually care about what Sonya has to say, they just need exclusives for ammo.
Those people will be disappointed then. This is a smaller showcase, perfect for smaller games.
They have explained why. As I said before:
They have told us why. They don't have enough new first party content and they want to hype their own shows like PSX and now State of Play. Almost every Sony studio is working on a PS5 game.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
If they don't have a lot to show (which is fair to criticize them for from a consumer standpoint I think, if that is the case), presenting at E3 doesn't do them any favors.

Any chance we see Spelunky 2 at this thing?

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Because E3 is a massive waste time and money at this point. They not going to annoued the PS5 yet so why even go to E3 right now?

I honesty dont get why people care where the info comes from,why should stuff be save?

So why go to Tokyo game show or gdc? Might as well skip that as well if money is a factor. I feel e3 is a good way to engage with their community and grow their fanbase.

Edit: ah so it is content...:/. Hard to believe that excuse.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
If they don't have a lot to show (which is fair to criticize them for from a consumer standpoint I think, if that is the case), presenting at E3 doesn't do them any favors.

Any chance we see Spelunky 2 at this thing?
Thy have quite alot to show just that most of it announced and still not out yet.

Not sure how this is fair to criticize people think devs are machines or something.

Crazy Steve

Oct 27, 2017
So why go to Tokyo game show or gdc? Might as well skip that as well if money is a factor. I feel e3 is a good way to engage with their community and grow their fanbase.

Edit: ah so it is content...:/. Hard to believe that excuse.
They didn't have a showcase and a huge floor at GDC. And TGS 2019? We know nothing about it.

Crazy Steve

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Well, they have a new console coming up. Their current consoles are selling super well. There is no need for them to drop so much money each year to rent space, fly folks out, etc., especially right now, when they can be more concise and "direct" with their audience about what's going on, and use those funds for marketing each of the remaining games as big as they can, and also prep for the new console reveal, promotion, etc.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
In theory - yes, nothing prevents Sony from going to E3 2019 with Death Stranding/TLOU2/Ghost of Tsushima again, add a splattering of smaller first-party announcements ( we've heard there are still unannounced PS4 games, etc etc ) coupled with third-party game announcements to pad out a conference.

But from an optics and perception perspective? Sony managed to slog through E3 2018 without any new game announcements, but thinking that they can just 'do it again' for E3 2019, even if they have significantly more third-party games there is naive.

To host a major E3 showcase comes with an expectation that you will be bringing the big-guns and even though Sony's big 3 games are big-guns, they've exhausted the 'gameplay reveal' card already. Even if the quality of the trailers and showcases that is possible from those 3 games are better this year, it's no longer as sexy or appealing from a press conference perspective.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ah hype trains, how ye' derail so quickly. Keen to hear something but tempering my expectations to simply more information about upcoming titles already known.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Would you expect a smaller scale exclusive to be announced? Not like the one Zhuge, Jason Schreier, and Colin Moriarty all hinted at, but like another Japan Studio title?

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the hype level made me remember FFXV ATR of DOOM
- tabata is fired
- his division is destroyed
- his game is cancelled
- all ff15 dlcs cancelled except one
- mod supports cancelled
- comrades stand allone for pc cancelled

thx for your time

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I think new announcement wise people are timid on expecting something since Sony already has like 4-5 BIG ONES that are yet to be released with PS5 looming over them as well

so people are guessing Sony's attention beyond that is likely having all their major devs move over to PS5 development and that the PS4 aready has a tight schedule with some major stuff crammed in

still there can be a surprise like a remake akin to SotC or better yet a swan song game like Puppeteer was for PS3

even if it is new VR titles or some digital game that is fine with me

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be thrilled with just a Concrete Genie release date and seeing Arrowhead's new game (Helldivers was awesome).

Manixramz

Apr 4, 2018
hopefully they clear all the release dates and pending announced games trailer, so next round of episode can hype for PS5 teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.