• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I mean, I can't get over how there will be new game announcements but we were immediately told by Zhuge not to expect much lol. Surely there has to be some mid-sized game reveal that'll make the event worthwhile?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for some PSVR updates on Blood & Truth and Everybody's Golf VR. Noticed that @PolyarcGames (Moss developer) retweeted a post about the event on Twitter so some news on the next Moss would be nice too. It would also be cool if we could get a couple of more Sony game announcements for PSVR before the generation closes too. Feels like they have plenty of "flat" games coming already but PSVR could use a couple of big holiday games.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I mean, I can't get over how there will be new game announcements but we were immediately told by Zhuge not to expect much lol. Surely there has to be some mid-sized game reveal that'll make the event worthwhile?

It was more "Don't go hyping this up to be the next E3 2015".

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, at least we won't get into the Inside Xbox predicament where people keep hyping up the shows for disappointment.

Yeah, problem with Inside Xbox is that they happen too often, doing it once a month dilutes the info they can share.

Nintendo's Directs are the best format so far. Infrequent, concise but when they do show up usually have things of substance.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really wouldnt last as an insider because if I knew shit beforehand I would he dying to tell everyone

Respect Zhuge

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously people they going to have multiple of these episodes this year, dont expect one to be super huge just expect good content and updates.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
SourImmaculateCob-size_restricted.gif

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone actually hope this would be at the level of Direct and this replacing E3 conference for Sony going forward? I think I am in favor.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Does anyone actually hope this would be at the level of Direct and this replacing E3 conference for Sony going forward? I think I am in favor.
I have to say I really like the live conferences, just multiple big announcements within the span of an hour to an hour and a half is great. Definitely wouldn't mind it as long as they keep PSX though. 3 State of Plays in/around March, June, September and then the return of PSX in December would be awesome.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
If this is something they're planning on doing a few times throughout the year I wouldn't expect the very first one to be super packed with stuff. It'll probably have a few interesting nuggets though.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
No and no

I like live conferences :(

The hype is unbearable and the cringe is so entertaining
I enjoy the hype for a conference too, but I feel like spreading out announcements and reveal allow developers and publishers to have more flexibility to work around, plus more things to look forward to year round instead of just one time a year.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
Of course none of Playstation's event are going to match E3 2015 or E3 2016 at the tail end of this generation, but can it match PGW 2017?

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There will be new games announced here, a few PSVR ones as well, but this isn't an E3 type event by any means.

Do you know 100% of the content that will be shown during the event? Given that you say this isn't comparable to E3 and that Sony used their last E3 not to announce games but focus on trailers for already announced titles such as The Last of Us Part 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding - it sounds like you're essentially confirming that none of these games will be present with no new media during the event?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Reverse psychology :p

Maybe if it were someone else but he has pretty much told it like it is lol

It was more "Don't go hyping this up to be the next E3 2015".

Thanks for clarifying, now it makes sense. I at least hope to see one of the smaller mystery PS4 exclusives left in the pipeline since all their big studios are busy with next gen. And well, they are running out of time before they can reveal more PS4 focused games before they shift their attention to the PS5

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
The name of the event is fine to me. Sure, it sounds like a more serious tone, but that's kinda how I associate with PlayStation. They've established themselves as a mature brand so something akin to "State of the Union" is serviceable. It's also essentially giving us an update on the "world of PlayStation", so who knows? The world of PlayStation is pretty damn vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.