• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
cant like they remaster SO and add new stuff/feature then slap a suffix to release it on ps4?
just wondering, like how they did for ninja gaiden sigma etc games that was on exclusive with ms before
I would assume the people who write the contracts Microsoft signs are smart enough to ensure stuff like that isn't possible.
But really, I think if Sony just went to Microsoft and proposed a fair deal they'd accept in a heartbeat, simply because Microsoft has nothing to lose from letting the game on PS4/PS5. If Sony offered something like they (Sony) fund the port and then split the profits 50/50 I think Microsoft would happily take it.

Oct 27, 2017
By the time this State of Play airs it will have been about 548 days since Ghost of Tsushima has had an official update. I know that there was some overlap in the promotion of God of War and Spider-man, but the cynic in me thinks we won't see anything from Sucker Punch until 2020. We'll see though.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
By the time this State of Play airs it will have been about 548 days since Ghost of Tsushima has had an official update. I know that there was some overlap in the promotion of God of War and Spider-man, but the cynic in me thinks we won't see anything from Sucker Punch until 2020. We'll see though.
I think the next time we will see that game is when PS5 is revealed.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
In the event of Ghost of Tsushima not being shown at all this week I have a feeling that multiple threads will be burned down. I'm honestly hoping Sony wont show it tomorrow and have instead decided to go for The Game Awards, the difference in the amount of viewers between the 2 events is so much bigger in the TGA's favor that Sony would honestly be insane to show it in a SoP.

OP
OP
nolifebr

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
In the event of Ghost of Tsushima not being shown at all this week I have a feeling that multiple threads will be burned down. I'm honestly hoping Sony wont show it tomorrow and have instead decided to go for The Game Awards, the difference in the amount of viewers between the 2 events is so much bigger in the TGA's favor that Sony would honestly be insane to show it in a SoP.

Not if they want to increase the interest on the State Of Play.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly will be surprised if they don't show Ghost of Tsushima tomorrow. It's actually kinda ridiculous that a game in active development can go so long without a new showing.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't they wait for TGA to announce R3make?

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
if Sony wants to SoP be bigger they need to put the big guns there, and dont use other events to promote/reveal them. They held s separate event to Death stranding release date and if they do it again with the ghost maybe is better to shut down state of play events.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
If they don't show Ghosts of Tsushima tomorrow then I'm gonna say the game is in development hell.

Yes i'm bein drastic. Yes im being serious.

Its fucking dumb to wait this long for an update.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
If they don't show Ghosts of Tsushima tomorrow then I'm gonna say the game is in development hell.

If they don't mention it at the PS5 reveal early next year, THEN you might have something to go on. I would hold off on any development concerns until then as it it could just be a PS5 cross gen game they want to show off the new system with.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Well they had other games to show off first, from Days Gone, to Death Stranding, now TLOU2, FFVII Remake, I just think they're being careful.

Oct 25, 2017

Do you remember how TLOU2's delay is rumoured to be affecting Tsushima's release day as well? The PR plan would also be delayed in that case.

That said, I agree it's been an insanely long time since we've heard a peep about the game.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019

Yup. I mean, this game has been in development for a long ass time. They need to show a trailer or give us a date, it's getting ridiculous at this point.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
It's not going to happen, but imagine if Sony announced Bloodborne 2 tomorrow. Internet would explode.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Believe me, if you think it's bad for you, you have no idea how much worse it is for the actual team. Staying tight lipped on something you've been working on tirelessly for years is a test of extreme willpower. And it sucks lol.

Oct 27, 2017
If they don't mention it at the PS5 reveal early next year, THEN you might have something to go on. I would hold off on any development concerns until then as it it could just be a PS5 cross gen game they want to show off the new system with.
I think it's unlikely to be cross gen given this: If it was a PS5 game, I think Jason would have said so.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Everyone is counting on Ghosts being a PS5 game at this point but I am still confident it will come to PS4 first.

Do you remember how TLOU2's delay is rumoured to be affecting Tsushima's release day as well? The PR plan would also be delayed in that case.

That said, I agree it's been an insanely long time since we've heard a peep about the game.
Is TLOU2 officially delayed?

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Believe me, if you think it's bad for you, you have no idea how much worse it is for the actual team. Staying tight lipped on something you've been working on tirelessly for years is a test of extreme willpower. And it sucks lol.
Ha

You're right, must be tedious. And Im sure if they had their way they would have had a gameplay blowout by now. Definitely seems like Sony is making them hold on.

Just very annoying because what they showed looked awesome.

Im hoping its a PS5 game at this point.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
That said, I hope to see some project(s) of Wushu emerging before long. Perhaps something in 2020. :)

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow I am really, really hoping for some ninja gameplay from Ghost of Tsushima...

GTIagYX.gif

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed about the time. I have busy morning tomorrow so I won't be able to watch it live. I can check in and look at announcements though

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I'll be extremely happy if Ghosts of Tsushima is just a 3D, triple-A Mark of the Ninja

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019

And what is the point of doing a SoP 2 days before TGA if you planned to show anew you're biggest shadow incoming game at this time ????

If they are doing this SoP, it's not for showing stuff at TGA.

The audiences doesn't matter since even if people don't see the trailer live during the SoP they'll see it on Youtube just after and internet will go crazy no matter what...

They shown TLOU on a SoP... They reveal the date of Death Stranding in a simple Twitch Live ! Do you really think they are affraid about not making enough noise in showing GoTsu on a SoP ?

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Ghost of Tsushima will be the Horizon Zero Dawn moment of Sucker Punch and some more. That is my hunch about the game.

This game has hella potential. I really hope they've nailed the swordplay and mechanics. So I am happy if this game takes as long as it does especially since this is the last of their big AAA exclusives for the PS4.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
What if they want to make it a PS5 launch title?

It will not become a PS5 or a Cross-Gen Game...

Man I start to hoping so much they show it tomorrow even more for this makes people stop saying this once and for all that for seeing the game again... That's totally mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.