• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can't believe some people are still fucking complaining or calling it a waste of time.

People spend longer taking a shit then this and it had some really cool stuff shown but apparently that's still not enough for some.

Oct 25, 2017
And E3 died for this shit trailer show? I stayed up for this?

Urgh, fantastic.

Also FF7 looked like FFXV in gameplay and even graphically. Cloud, literally, looked like a FFXV character, lol.

They told you exactly what to expect. If you stayed up expecting TLOU2 that's your own fault. Cloud looked like fucking Cloud.

God this place is fucking negative all the damn time. The general gaming populace is fucking hyped after seeing that.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
FFVIIR only things I am legit interested in. Wasn't expecting much.

Happy for those that want Medievil and MH: Iceborne

Oct 25, 2017
They tell you exactly what they're gonna show, don't mince words and then come in here saying how disappointed you are, you can only blame yourselves.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
sooooo FF15 mod/reskin? hot take, sure. But seriously, it looked cool but like something I've... n/m

Um no? Visually it looks nothing like FFXV...it looks a bit rough at the moment in terms of optimisation but I think what is there is more impressive than FFXV and flashier. In terms of the battle system...how? Well I suppose they are both real time but...what else?

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Lol they actually showed FF7 remake and some of y'all are still disappointed. They even said it would be only 10 minutes long.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I guess we have another one of these in June, seeing as the Death Stranding trailer didn't play.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Pretty funny that people with thousands of posts on an internet forum complaining about 10 minutes being a waste of their time.

Guaranteed every time.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
FF7 looks so good 😭

Overall this one felt kinda awkwardly paced. They'll need to be longer next time

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I cant but ask myself, why they didnt combine these two directs for one bigger? They are kinda lame on their own bud I would enjoy it seeing together. I must say, i liked the first one more. I am definitely not blown away by FFVII and medievil looked cool, but cmon..

and one more thing, that predator game was presented as something new from worldwide studios. since when is that studio a part of it?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that sure was a Sony Direct all right. Good to see they're getting the format down.

But they've still got a few kinks to work out. That Predator reveal from WWS should've been pretty hype; instead, it was like 3 seconds long and laughably bad. And MediEvil is looking great, but the framerate in that video was gross and all-over-the-place. Maybe it was just my internet. But, if the game really is still that unpolished, maybe stick to a cutscene trailer?

FF7R trailer, I must admit, got me a little excited. But the gameplay looks worryingly close to XV. And of course, who knows when they're ever gonna release the damn thing...

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
And E3 died for this shit trailer show? I stayed up for this?

Urgh, fantastic.

Also FF7 looked like FFXV in gameplay and even graphically. Cloud, literally, looked like a FFXV character, lol.

sorry but your own fault.
They made clear that is gonna be a short direct show - outside of Medievil and the strongly rumoured FF7 not sure what you were expecting

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
SE seem to be seriously struggling with Voice Direction and dialogue.

This is reminding of FFXV voice work and dialogue which was like B-tier anime.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That was basically all that I would have wanted/expected from an E3 presentation anyways other than some TLOU 2 footage so I'm certainly satisfied.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
My first impression when coming away from that was that it was a teaser for E3. But then Sony aren't at E3. So I assume we'll still get FF7 represented via Square's conference?

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This was good. All the games looked interesting to me. I am in on Riverbound and Away.

Wonder if there will be one in June.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This format is so underwhelming. So brief, so pointless. They just needed to
It was advertised as 10 minutes and it's full of games with release dates etc.

Where is all these salt coming from.
No salt at all, and I'm not saying they fooled people. I'm just saying the format doesn't work for me. It's way too brief to let you feel anything, while the directs feel meaty.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe some people are still fucking complaining or calling it a waste of time.

People spend longer taking a shit then this and it had some really cool stuff shown but apparently that's still not enough for some.

This place has consistently been negative for a while. You can't go into a thread to talk about something without it have devolved into some sort of shitfest. Many share the same sentiment.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Better than the first state of play is an improvement at least. The FF7R trailer was way too short..

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I find it hilarious how expectations were set accordingly and people are still whinging. This was clearly advertised as a quick 10 minute stream with a handful of updates. We got a MH Iceborne trailer, FFVII Remake trailer and another trailer for MediEvil. What exactly are some of y'all wanting?

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
They really couldn't have done much more to align expectations. Unfortunately, some of you do this to yourselves.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Medievil falling to some Dark Souls levels of frame rates at times in that footage, especially the archery segments. I don't know if 60fps has spoiled me, but that barely looked 20 at times