• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
If this is the "new game", they'll be destroyed again.

I doubt that's going to be it. I think something more likely (but also disappointing) is the new Ghost Recon: Breakpoint game, that one hasn't been officially announced yet, has it?

Edit: Nevermind, it was officially announced an hour ago, guess it won't be that.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SOLDIER, you ready for THIS? Baby, I'm ready. The world is ready. 6 PM, let's get ittttttt #HYPE

I'm hopeful but also fearful.

There's been too much teasing from a variety of sources to take it all back. I wouldn't blame anyone for trolling since they come from seemingly earnest sources. The only one that would catch shit is Hashimoto, but he HAS to be aware of how people would have taken his statements.

I worry if the footage they show is just the Guard Scorpion boss battle they wanted to show previously but weren't allowed to. We've already seen what that boss looks like as well as Cloud and Barret.

I really want them to finally show Tifa, but I've stated before about the worries I have with that debut as well. Common sense says they'll come up with a middle-ground design that doesn't stray too far off from the original, just with more modest (i.e. not FMV balloons) proportions. But then the other part of me recalls the whole "What do you mean Cindy is too sexy? She's an outdoorsy type!" kerfuffle. I hope they succeed, and I want to pour all of the salt on my face from angry folks if they do. I'm salivating over the potential rage.

And even if all we get is a single image of the logo or Cloud's back with a "More to come at E3" message...I would STILL be fine with it, because at least we finally have a concrete date when to expect news, and no more of this "will they won't they" bullshit we have in every Sony event. I admit there's a bit of fun in speculation, but it's not worth the disappointment following it as well as the drive-by "lol cancelled" posts.

So in short: I'm hoping for something that's brief, but significant.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The wording of Sid's article kinda implied that the new game would be a first party title, so it's not gonna be that.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was pissed because it wasn't Amano art.

Fortunately a few months later GameFan came to the rescue and showed this:

tlaImageSketchFF7CloudAndAeris.jpg

It time I would come to appreciate Nomura's art, though.

This would also make a fantastic teaser image. It would be perfect to use for the theoretical concert teaser.

Nov 23, 2017
I'm hopeful but also fearful.

There's been too much teasing from a variety of sources to take it all back. I wouldn't blame anyone for trolling since they come from seemingly earnest sources. The only one that would catch shit is Hashimoto, but he HAS to be aware of how people would have taken his statements.

I worry if the footage they show is just the Guard Scorpion boss battle they wanted to show previously but weren't allowed to. We've already seen what that boss looks like as well as Cloud and Barret.

I really want them to finally show Tifa, but I've stated before about the worries I have with that debut as well. Common sense says they'll come up with a middle-ground design that doesn't stray too far off from the original, just with more modest (i.e. not FMV balloons) proportions. But then the other part of me recalls the whole "What do you mean Cindy is too sexy? She's an outdoorsy type!" kerfuffle. I hope they succeed, and I want to pour all of the salt on my face from angry folks if they do. I'm salivating over the potential rage.

And even if all we get is a single image of the logo or Cloud's back with a "More to come at E3" message...I would STILL be fine with it, because at least we finally have a concrete date when to expect news, and no more of this "will they won't they" bullshit we have in every Sony event. I admit there's a bit of fun in speculation, but it's not worth the disappointment following it as well as the drive-by "lol cancelled" posts.

So in short: I'm hoping for something that's brief, but significant.

Yeah, I think you may be overthinking it a bit but agree with the sentiment of your last response. I expect just a tease of an E3 confirmation and not some blown out trailer. I'm good with that, honestly. I'm going to be at the FF VII concert and E3 in general so if I know it'll be there, I can remain calm but super hyped instead of worried.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found on reddit, this has been the sad reality until now. I hope we don't add another train to this graveyard tonight.

d13a27d.jpg

Edit: Since people are not comprehending and getting defensive about muh E3/PSX 20XX: At each of those events there was a hype train full of people hoping for FFVIIR. Which, obviously, it wasn't at any of those events. Hence this picture of the train graveyard from FFVII.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Lol some of yall are going to be disappointed as fuck and then come here to complain. They are literally telling you what to expect. Expect the bulk of it to be about medievil, The new game WILL probable be something smaller. Don't expect that to be some megaton. They also said they'll have some updates on ps4 titles.

The hype is getting to yall because Zhuge started the first thread off with a "a 3rd part game from long ago will get a re-reveal" and then he posts the hashimoto laughing pic.

Now I'm expect SE to have something to do with this SoP because Hashimoto has retweeted the damn event 4 times. But I'm not setting myself up for FF7

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
anyway, looks like that Effie games has been a thing for a while. I doubt it's that. Added to wishlist btw lol

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
im expecting the new game to be the first trailer for the new call of duty or the new need for speed. They usually get shown around this time of the year. Idk why so many people are expecting so much out of a 10 minute long show

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Lol some of yall are going to be disappointed as fuck and then come here to complain. They are literally telling you what to expect. Expect the bulk of it to be about medievil, The new game WILL probable be something smaller. Don't expect that to be some megaton. They also said they'll have some updates on ps4 titles.

The hype is getting to yall because Zhuge started the first thread off with a "a 3rd part game from long ago will get a re-reveal" and then he posts the hashimoto laughing pic.

Now I'm expect SE to have something to do with this SoP because Hashimoto has retweeted the damn event 4 times. But I'm not setting myself up for FF7
People are hyped for FF7, as long as that shows up there won't be disappointment.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Honestly if VII Remake is there, I'm just expecting a "Final Fantasy VII Remake is still in development. Please look forward to more info in ___ months."

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
If this is the "new game", they'll be destroyed again.

nah, this is a game that has been announced for a while, its part of program PlayStation Ibéria does to support indie developers in Portugal and Spain to get their product finished and marketed and then release them on PS4. The initiative is called PlayStation Talents

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Considering they've only set the precedent that this is for smaller games and updates...I'm not expecting any big surprises. Cool if they prove me wrong. But until then, I'm keeping expectations as low as can be.

enginesword

May 6, 2019
At the risk of being a whiny negative Internet guy, that second shot looks terrifyingly awful! Who's asking for cover shooter mechanics for this?

Generally positive over here but yeesh

I mean if I had to guess it's probably meant to show the tactical option that you can take cover if you want. I doubt the game will force you into those situations.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
im expecting the new game to be the first trailer for the new call of duty or the new need for speed. They usually get shown around this time of the year. Idk why so many people are expecting so much out of a 10 minute long show

If you took out all the smaller titles out of a Nintendo direct then your probably left with around 10 mins of stuff, so as long as this doesn't have a load of crap in it then 10 mins is fine.

Oct 25, 2017
People are hyped for FF7, as long as that shows up there won't be disappointment.

And when it doesn't? lol. No ever said it was GOING to be there. Zhuge knew what he was doing with his initial tease. It's why I wish he would have came in when the thread blew up to calm expectations. It's why I hold out a small chance it's in there.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited: