• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This should be a fun one.

tenor.gif

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
nibel and zhuge teased square enix, and 3 tweets of shinji hashimoto retweeting the event and in one of them he says "its here". so square certainly has something there, zhuge said the stream will have a re-reveal of a third party game announced long ago, so it fits ff7 remake or avengers

could square have something new and the re-reveal be from another game? sure but the description fits ff7 remake better
Hmm. I'd kind of rather it be Avengers tbh.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some reason people think something FFVIIR related will be here? I skimmed a few pages but didn't see anything but more hype lol
Zhuge and Nibel clearly teasing something with Hashimoto memes with Zhuge saying there would be "the re-reveal of a third party game that was announced long ago ". Hashimoto himself retweeting SoP tweets (he didn't do so with the first one). Some bigger sites like Game Informer and Siliconera made articles about the rumor here too. (And if legit: apparently a SE contractor/employee on a forum posting stuff after having worked on a new trailer that will be shown soon.)

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting loads of gifs of that look it's nothing because of how people are hyping this up for themselves.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Cold Steel 3 will got a slot in here today. Just noting the coincidental timing of NISA dropping a new trailer for it the same day as this.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
You guys are hyping this to death. How much could possibly be shown in 10 minutes?

Extended look at MediEvil - 2 minutes
Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer - 1 minute
Lily Bergamo - 1 minute
Ape Escape 4 - 1 minute
Ratchet & Clank 2 or whatever - 1 minute
Demon's Souls Remake - 1 minute
VR montage - 30 seconds
Release date for The Last of Us Pt 2 - 30 seconds
Jak & Daxter 4 - 1 minute
Syphon Filter reboot - 1 minute
0 seconds

Quite a lot it turns out!

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I see a bunch of posts asking why FFVII is being brought up with nobody explaining.
See:
Zhuge and Nibel clearly teasing something with Hashimoto memes with Zhuge saying there would be "the re-reveal of a third party game that was announced long ago ". Hashimoto himself retweeting SoP tweets (he didn't do so with the first one). Some bigger sites like Game Informer and Siliconera made articles about the rumor here too. (And if legit: apparently a SE contractor/employee on a forum posting stuff after having worked on a new trailer that will be shown soon.)
nibel and zhuge teased square enix, and 3 tweets of shinji hashimoto retweeting the event and in one of them he says "its here". so square certainly has something there, zhuge said the stream will have a re-reveal of a third party game announced long ago, so it fits ff7 remake or avengers

could square have something new and the re-reveal be from another game? sure but the description fits ff7 remake better

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I see a bunch of posts asking why FFVII is being brought up with nobody explaining.

I mean, didn't Sony say the main focus was MediEvil?
Mods have teased a big re-reveal of a third party game and also teased Square Enix alongside it. That plus some other teases from SE heads connected to FF makes it a safe bet that FF7R will be the re-reveal.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Puppeteer 2 was 'ere.

I would absouletely love that. Then I'd cry because folks would be like "2? what's that game?" because that game is painfully underrated.

Lily Bergamo - 1 minute
Ape Escape 4 - 1 minute
VR montage - 30 seconds
0 seconds

You forgot FFVIII Remake 1 minute and Bloodborne 2 1 minute.
And WipEout Progressive 2 minutes.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If FFVIIR is announced anew at State of Play, I don't think we can expect a full trailer but only a brief teaser telling we will have more infos at E3.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It would be so messed up if Zhuge posts his tease, only to go back saying "I didn't say anything about ff7:r!" After seeing this thread blow up like this. He should clarify ASAP what he means if ff7:r isn't there, especially if he's a mod.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It would be so messed up if Zhuge posts his tease, only to go back saying "I didn't say anything about ff7:r!" After seeing this thread blow up like this. He should clarify ASAP what he means if ff7:r isn't there, especially if he's a mod.
the fact he didnt clarify about it yet should tell you all that you need to know; it did exactly what he expected.

enginesword

May 6, 2019
If there's nothing about FFVII R all that tells me is that trying to interpret social media activity and posts from industry people is as futile as trying to see signs in cloud patterns (no pun intended).

Wait, FVIIR is third party? I thought it was a ps4 (time exclusive)

It is a timed exclusive (as far as we know). Third-party just means it's being developed by a non-Sony studio.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I feel people are really setting themselves up for disappointment regarding FF7R. If it happens to be shown it will probably be a teaser of an actual reveal at a later date.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I predict that if FF7 is shown, someone will immediately make a new "Where's SE's Avengers game?" thread. If Avengers is shown, someone will make a new "Where's FF7?" thread.

It's like I can see the future wow

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Who knows if FFVIIR makes it but even if it does I imagine it will be a short 5 second pre E3 tease.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
My only expectations are what Sony said.

We see an extended look at Medievil. And some other inconsequential stuff.

Other stuff is a bonus.

I admire you level headed approach my good man and I agree wholeheartedly with you. I will be perfectly happy with an extended look at MediEvil and some inconsequential material. From henceforth, I will not get my hopes up as not to fall victim to baseless hype as so many around here seem to do lately. Pitiful souls really, and quite sad. I bid you good day, sir.

IT'S FUCKING FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE BIIIIIOOTCHHHHH!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I feel people are really setting themselves up for disappointment regarding FF7R. If it happens to be shown it will probably be a teaser of an actual reveal at a later date.
Tbh they could show ten seconds of Cloud doing squats in Wall Market and that would still make people lose their shit.

It's been more than three years in the dark! :__ I expect very little though, but I hope it's enough to get us until E3.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Lily Bergamo - 1 minute
Ape Escape 4 - 1 minute
VR montage - 30 seconds
0 seconds

Where is the 16 minutes trailer of Death Stranding !!!!!

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
1:00 am my time. Perfect for me. I'm definitely checking this out for hype and/or disappointment.